• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tile Insertion For AdvanceMap For Dummies

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Sorry about that my ie wont add spoilers :s but hey anyways thanks again and yeah Ill be using your way of inserting tiles ^,^

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Sorry about that my ie wont add spoilers :s but hey anyways thanks again and yeah Ill be using your way of inserting tiles ^,^

no problem glad i could help let me know if you have any other questions

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Okay so dumb question here but Lets say i want to add new tiles never use the old one... Will I be able to use Palette 1 for all grass/Green Tiles and lets say I make palette 2 Brown tiles would that work out? Because I heard its dangerous for some reason lol

Le pug

Years
Well, but I guess there is only four blank palletes and does this mean hackers could only insert few things?

You can change any palette you want and change any tile set you want also. 😪
You get more space to work with for R/S/E but FR has more tools and resources so it's a take the good with the bad situation

Okay so dumb question here but Lets say i want to add new tiles never use the old one... Will I be able to use Palette 1 for all grass/Green Tiles and lets say I make palette 2 Brown tiles would that work out? Because I heard its dangerous for some reason lol

Yes you're allowed to change anything with the tile sets and palette just remember tileset 0 is a primary tile set and is used typically for every map as Tileset 1.

Last edited:

bitelaserkhalif

Falcon Punch!!
Years
Ah,thank you for this tut.
Now I can stuff up with my Pokemon Ruby:Festa 2002 Demo Ressurection Hack.
I'm also want to make the quick sands tiles by my own.
EDIT:
I'm decided makin' house tile, but they are too small...
Well, I just need help for door tile size.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
One of the tiles im editing is wild grass, where do I change the wild grass animation if I need to at all? And great tutorial by the way.

Le pug

Years
One of the tiles im editing is wild grass, where do I change the wild grass animation if I need to at all? And great tutorial by the way.

if you check the behavior byte drop down list next to the palette list area, it has a bunch of animations the choose from including Grass Animation (02) and High Grass Animation (03), and Arrow Down under block (65). The background byte should always either be 00 (meaning if you put tiles in the block Down/Up area then when the player walks on that block, he will be on top of the bottom tiles but the Up tiles will be above him) or if you want the player to be on top of all the tiles, go to Block is covered by hero [20] which will make the player walk over both Bottom/Up tiles for that block.

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Hello once again(I know, am I bothering you?XD) Well I now know how to insert these tiles thanks to you but I am here to ask if I may post this thread in a different language because it can help some people out but of course I will link your PC page and the original post like PC,PORH,RHM, whichever you would like, and thats if you let me...

Le pug

Years
Hello once again(I know, am I bothering you?XD) Well I now know how to insert these tiles thanks to you but I am here to ask if I may post this thread in a different language because it can help some people out but of course I will link your PC page and the original post like PC,PORH,RHM, whichever you would like, and thats if you let me...

sure i don't mind but you might want to ask a moderator before you do that

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Oh excuse my bad english but i ment can i post it in another forum? Which of course is in another language... I will be very sure to put as many links to you XD well hope to hear back soon it would help alot in the other forums ^___^

The_Show

Banned
Years
When I opened the ROM, the palette was messed up. I figured out, that in BLOCK EDITOR once you've edited your palette, you need to go to "Palettes" and then click "Write palette changes to ROM". Once I did this, the colors worked great! This was a fantastic, uberly awesome tutorial and you did a great job :D

WwhsSM7.png

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
How would one be able to edit Tileset 0 (FR) since there's no more space in it (transparent color) , and you can't enlarge it? (Look at the attachments (I had to change it to png to put it here))

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I know it's based on Ruby, but there can be things that apply to both ROMs..

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I know that much, but I'm trying to edit Tileset 0 in FR which has the Pokemon Center, trees and other stuff and when you press enlarge it asks you if you want to enlarge the second tileset not the first you have..

Back