• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hardest Pokemon for you to catch in FRLG?

DisesioN

Chancey in Safari zone took me to catch about 70 minutes.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
Honestly, mine is either Skarmory or Electabuzz. Legendaries are never any trouble. The three birds are a complete joke with how easy they are to get, and Mewtwo is just hard to calculate your chances on. Skarmory because it's ****ing impossible to catch after being impossible to find, and Electabuzz for almost the same reason.
Also, Dratini.
Dratini.
Dratini.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Viridian Forest Pigeotto. I caught one by accident in Yellow, and I trained it into a Pigeot in order to replace the aweful Pikachu you're given. I then attempted to catch one again later in red, but I got nothing but Regular Pidgies and Bug-type pokemon. It took hours to find one.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
In Fr/Lg, it's probably the roaming Suicune/Entei/Raikou. Thing is annoying to even find. Mewtwo can also pose problems. As can anything that's hacked like the underleveled Pidgeottos in Yellow that the above poster mentioned.

I typically don't concern myself with catching 'em all. I just want to get through the game and catch what I can. The only time I have come even close to a full Pokedex was in my Sapphire...

Years
Eh, all the legendaries where pretty okay I guess, but the Suicune was such a pain the first time around. I had no idea he appeared randomly at first, and so I stayed in the same patch of grass for hours. Which was the patch of grass outside of the very first town. uuuuggghhh.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Viridian Forest Pikachu, but only due to their rarity. It was the same way in the originals, too.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.​

I know how you feel, the moment I got to Viridian Forest, I started Pikachu hunting. But yeah, the one that really irked me was the Dratini and Chansey in the Safari Zone. I'd spend thousands of dollars before I even got one Dratini!

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I do remember searching for ages for an Clefairy in the Mt.monn, if that doesn't count I guess Entei as it kept running from battle.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
In Fr/Lg, it's probably the roaming Suicune/Entei/Raikou. Thing is annoying to even find. Mewtwo can also pose problems. As can anything that's hacked like the underleveled Pidgeottos in Yellow that the above poster mentioned.

I typically don't concern myself with catching 'em all. I just want to get through the game and catch what I can. The only time I have come even close to a full Pokedex was in my Sapphire...
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Ah yes, the roaming Suicune/Entei/Raikou were a pain in the ass to attempt to catch. I wound up just transferring in the ones I captured from Colosseum.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.​

Years
Kangaskhan and Dratini, those two were my headache, I spent like 2 hours looking for them in the safari zone, not even the legendary birds gave me so much work (not even moltres, I only used like 4 or 5 ultra balls)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
The roaming Raikou and Chansey in the Safari Zone. Roamers have always been a problem since I like to hoard my Master Balls, and low capture rate combined with the general ineffectiveness of the Bait/Rock method of capture makes Chansey rage-inducingly tough to nab.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Zapdos! Ugh, what a pain he always is. Always uses up all my pokeballs, tempting me to waste my masterball on him.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
For me it was probably Zapdos, although it varied with every playthrough. Sometimes, Pokemon that were hard to catch became easy to catch, and vice versa, however the one that has probably been the cause of the most resets and wasted balls was Zapdos. I usually saved up my Masterball for Mewtwo, or had some friend waste it on a Fearow because someone told him it was a fourth bird to the trio, so I rarely ever used those on the birds, and was stuck spamming Ultra Balls. But yeah, I don't remember the exact amount of replies and Pokeballs I used on it, I just remember it was a lot :p It's also one of my favourite Pokemon to use from that generation anyway, so it was worth it :D

Years
For me personally it would be all of the Legendary Birds, even as I used Ultra Balls it took numerous times for me to be able to capture them successfully. Also, Kangaskhan gave me problems, it was finding and capturing the Pokemon that was the most difficult.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
Mewtwo, as I wasted my Masterball on Articuno.

Exactly this on my first play-through. I ran out of Ultra Balls & just used the Master Ball thinking I'd get more later. Mewtwo was an absolute ***** to catch, it always ended up struggling & KO'ing itself or I ran out of Ultra Balls.

Second playthrough, Suicune.

Back