• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sand - Desert Club] ..: The Sand Castle :..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
..: THE SAND CASTLE :..

Welcome to the Sand Castle, the home of Desert pokemons.
These pokemons are mainly Rock, Ground and Steel type.
If you are a fan of this kind of pokemons
then the Castle Creator would be pleased to welcome you, the new Sand Warrior!

s0lK9.png

..: Rules :..

1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Groups' rules
or you'll be punished by the Creator of the castle.

2. Please don't spam, troll or harass
and keep calm in the castle.

3. Try to keep active, because in this castle
quicksand will catch you if you're inactive!

..: Sign-Up Form :..

Username:
Two Partner Pokemons:
Reason for joining:
Answer the current topic!

..: List Of Pokemon :..

027.gif
028.gif
050.gif
051.gif
074.gif
075.gif
076.gif
111.gif
112.gif
464.gif
231.gif
232.gif

246.gif
247.gif
248.gif
299.gif
476.gif
303.gif
304.gif
305.gif
306.gif
328.gif
329.gif
330.gif

331.gif
332.gif
343.gif
344.gif
374.gif
375.gif
376.gif
377.gif
379.gif
383.gif

412-sandy.gif
413-sandy.gif
436.gif
437.gif
443.gif
444.gif
445.gif
449.gif
450.gif
486.gif

524.gif
525.gif
526.gif
529.gif
530.gif
551.gif
552.gif
553.gif
554.gif
555-mode.gif
556.gif

557.gif
558.gif
632.gif
559.gif
560.gif
624.gif
625.gif
639.gif
645.gif
645-therian.gif

..: Members :..

Ritsuka___Metal_Gym_Leader_by_Meishali.gif
DiamondBlueMoon
248.png
445.png

Sector Revenge
553.png
330.png

AlexOzzyCake
027.png
437.png

Avishka
445.png
376.png

Curious.
246.png
437.png

Rainbow Acarnine
330.png
232.png

danaxe
376.png

..: Topics :..

1. What's your most favorite type among these three: Steel, Rock, Ground and why?
2. What's your favorite Sand Pokemon?
3. List 2 ability that have "sand" in theirs name.

..: Exchange System :..

When you posting or participating in club's activities, you will receive some rocks
smoothrock.png
, or higher, some gems
groundgem.png
These Rocks or Gems can exchange into prizes, like hold items or emblems...
After a week, the Creator will update the mineral you've got that week.
Here is the exchange system:

Signed in the club: 1
groundgem.png

Submit a new post: 1
smoothrock.png

Answer a topic: 3
smoothrock.png

Come up with a new topic:
smoothrock.png

Win a week challenge:
groundgem.png

Buy first item:
smoothrock.png

Win a month crossword:
groundgem.png

And many more when necessary :)

smoothrock.png
= 1
groundgem.png

..: Hippie Merchant :..

choiceband.png
: 10
smoothrock.png

choicescarf.png
: 10
smoothrock.png

ironball.png
: 8
smoothrock.png

rockyhelmet.png
: 8
smoothrock.png

rockincense.png
: 15
smoothrock.png

softsand.png
: 1
groundgem.png

earthplate.png
: 2
groundgem.png

rockgem.png
: 1
groundgem.png

Bag_TM_Ground_Sprite.png
:2
groundgem.png

Bag_TM_Rock_Sprite.png
:2
groundgem.png

metalcoat.png
: 2
groundgem.png

s1.png
s6.png
u5.png
: 15
groundgem.png

..: Challenges :..

WEEK CHALLENGE
Week #1: From 23/8 to 31/8
Fill in the chain with suitable words:
Ex:
M _ _ S _ -> _ L _ _ T _ _ C -> Pikachu
You'll fill in like this:
M O U S E -> E L E C T R I C -> Pikachu
smoothrock.png
for each correct answer this week. For whom who corrects all, you'll get another 2
smoothrock.png
for bonus :D. Maximum 5
smoothrock.png
or 1
groundgem.png

M _ _ N _ _ _ S _ _ -> _ _ Y _ _ _ C -> Espeon
_ I _ B _ _ A -> S _ _ _ _ M _ _ _ L -> The Shining Beauty
F _ _ M _ _ _ _ B -> _ _ C _ _ N _ -> Searing Shot

*Important* Send me a Private Message, please. Any answer posted in this club will be deleted!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CROSSWORD
[Coming soon]

..: Hall of Fame :..

[Updating...]

..: User Bars :..

Untitled-A.png

Untitled-C.png

Untitled-B.png

ds.png

tumblr_llbm3wB3yO1qig7uzo1_500.jpg

Where the sand becomes powerful...

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Username: Sector Revenge
Two Partner Pokemons: Jesse the Krookodile & Carrie the Flygon
Reason for joining: Sandstorm in general is actually a beastly team if you have the right Pokemon. In fact, I love creating a Sandstorm team the best I can make it. Its quite a challenge! Club looks real good, I'm impressed!

What's your most favorite type among these three: Steel, Rock, Ground and why? Steel. They are very powerful & defensive, they are not to be taken lightly & that's what I like about these specific types. Ground would be 2nd due to mainly of the attacks of Earthquake & Electric resistance. Rock has never been one of my favorite types for some reason.

What's your favorite Sand Pokemon?
Well obviously its either the Dragons of Flygon & Garchomp vs Tyranitar for me. I've always loved this reptile-like creatures. I do have to give an honorable mention to Krookodile, just because of its design. It looks pure epic badass.

List 2 ability that have "sand" in theirs name.
Sand Rush & Sand Veil

Last edited:

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
..: THE CREATOR'S WORDS :..
248.png

Tyranitar is the most non-legendary Rock type, which is also the most favorite Guardian of the Creator, as well as Garchomp. This Tyrant is so powerful to create a sandstorm with its ability "Sand Stream". The creator is someone who offensive, so he chose Tyranitar over Hippowdon. But his favorite type isn't Rock, but Ground. With the powerful Earthquake, the standard move in game, its become the killer move in sand and with the help of Ground Gem. The best Earthquake user has been noticed above: Garchomp.
445.png

The ability Sand Veil prevent some other Dragon-type moves missed. So, the Creator has answered all of up-to-date topic. It's your turn, Warriors :)​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Two Partner Pokemon: Orange the Sandshrew & Bronzong the Bronzong <3
Reason for joining: Tonnes of my favourite Pokémon are included in this club so it'd be a shame if I didn't!

I'll answer one topic now and the others later :)

Anyone that knows me will know the answer to this. Sandshrew! <3 It's so cute and tough and powerful and cool and literally everything that you need in a good Pokémon. It's robust, versatile, it has a wonderful design and just everything about it is either cool or insanely cute. It can pack a surprising punch with Swords Dance and Poison Jab, as well as evolving into what can be a real powerhouse of a Pokémon, Sandslash. It's eyes are the more adorable ever and its little paws and tale can't help making me smile <3 It has always been my favourite Pokemon and, other than potentially Bronzong, it always will be <3 Literally the only thing I don't love about Sandshrew is its shiny form since green is icky, but Sandslash's lovely colours more than make up for this :)

Also just curious but should Darumaka and Scraggy be included since they're both desert dwelling Pokémon? o3o

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Also just curious but should Darumaka and Scraggy be included since they're both desert dwelling Pokémon? o3o
Now that you've brought that up, I'm standing my ground that Groudon isn't a Sand Pokemon. Sure it's a ground type, a continent Pokemon. But it reside on Lava instead doesn't it? Drought ability wouldn't fit in the Sand arena all that well. Um..Not sure if its just me but yeah. Groudon's to much of a fire power beast than working in a heavily storm gang.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Username: Sector Revenge
Two Partner Pokemons: Jesse the Krookodile & Carrie the Flygon
Reason for joining: Sandstorm in general is actually a beastly team if you have the right Pokemon. In fact, I love creating a Sandstorm team the best I can make it. Its quite a challenge! Club looks real good, I'm impressed!

What's your most favorite type among these three: Steel, Rock, Ground and why? Steel. They are very powerful & defensive, they are not to be taken lightly & that's what I like about these specific types. Ground would be 2nd due to mainly of the attacks of Earthquake & Electric resistance. Rock has never been one of my favorite types for some reason.

Well obviously its either the Dragons of Flygon & Garchomp vs Tyranitar for me. I've always loved this reptile-like creatures. I do have to give an honorable mention to Krookodile, just because of its design. It looks pure epic badass.

List 2 ability that have "sand" in theirs name.
Sand Rush & Sand Veil
Hmm, I don't think steel maybe perfect for offense. They commonly have high defense and special defense, and they are one of two types that can resist Dragon, one of the most powerful type at the time being. But that doesn't mean Steel always be the wall in most team. The most useful steel move to me is Bullet Punch, which fits Techinician Scizor perfectly. And rock type, I think you're right. None of the powerful rock type moves is 100% hit, so maybe the noticeable is Stealth Rock. Double battle with a rock type and a ground type is so inconvenient, cause with an Earthquake, the rock-type one is OHKO. So to prevent this to happen, I suggest using Air Balloon for the main rock (Tyranitar for ex) -pokemon

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Two Partner Pokemon: Orange the Sandshrew & Bronzong the Bronzong <3
Reason for joining: Tonnes of my favourite Pokémon are included in this club so it'd be a shame if I didn't!

I'll answer one topic now and the others later :)

Anyone that knows me will know the answer to this. Sandshrew! <3 It's so cute and tough and powerful and cool and literally everything that you need in a good Pokémon. It's robust, versatile, it has a wonderful design and just everything about it is either cool or insanely cute. It can pack a surprising punch with Swords Dance and Poison Jab, as well as evolving into what can be a real powerhouse of a Pokémon, Sandslash. It's eyes are the more adorable ever and its little paws and tale can't help making me smile <3 It has always been my favourite Pokemon and, other than potentially Bronzong, it always will be <3 Literally the only thing I don't love about Sandshrew is its shiny form since green is icky, but Sandslash's lovely colours more than make up for this :)

Oh, I forgot Darumaka, I'm so sorry :P i'll add Scraggy to the list too D:
Welcome to the castle, Ozzy

Now that you've brought that up, I'm standing my ground that Groudon isn't a Sand Pokemon. Sure it's a ground type, a continent Pokemon. But it reside on Lava instead doesn't it? Drought ability wouldn't fit in the Sand arena all that well. Um..Not sure if its just me but yeah. Groudon's to much of a fire power beast than working in a heavily storm gang.
Groudon main type is ground, he's pure ground type, and He's the one who use Drought to make desert, and his Earthquake to make continents. But yeah, He's still a Desert one.

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Two Partner Pokemons: garchomp and metagross
Reason for joining: some are quite strong and their designs are also quite unique
What's your most favorite type among these three: Steel, Rock, Ground and why?
steel bcuz some of my fave pokemon are steel types . There are only two types weak to Steel: Ice and Rock. both of which are rarely used defensively.
Garchomp bcuz He's got the speed, he's got the strength, not to mention he's straight up Uber in every way shape or form, thus being banned in such lower tiers and even tournaments! He's deadly. He's vicious. He's beastly. Not to mention being in a Sandstorm team with 'Sand Veil,' just makes him more threatening than those of a Legendary Pokemon even!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Username: Curious.

Two Partner Pokemons: There's so many amazing pokemon to choose from.. but if I have to narrow it down, I think I'll opt for Bronzong and Larvitar.

Reason for joining: Ground types are extremely strong, their bulky nature, their defenses and heir attacking strength are all quite impressive. But what I like the most about these type of Pokemon is their designs. They vary tremmendously, and nearly all of them are really intriguing to look at.

What's your most favourite out of these three; Rock, Ground and Steel Types and Why? To be honest, I can't really split myself between Ground and Steel types since both I think are extremely cool species of Pokemon. Their tough demeanor and their hardy behaviour makes them formidable opponents and down right awesome pokemon to capture, own, and befriend.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Username : Rainbow Arcanine

Two Partner Pokemon : Flygon and Jake the Donphan.
Reason for Joining : I love all sorts of Desert Pokemon, I can't survive one Pokemon game without them! All of them have powerful stats as well.

What is your favourite sand Pokemon?
This is really hard. But I'm going to say Phanpy - it's just adorable,powerful and defensive! Plus it is an elephant! One of my favourite animals of all time :D!

Last edited:

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
Username:danaxe
Two Partner Pokemons:magneto the metagross. drago bug
Reason for joining:sand pokemon. well a lot of my favorites are sand pokemon
Answer the current topic!favorite sand pokemon? well metagross. i love steel and psycic types

hey you should add spearow and fearow =D

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Sorry guys, The Creator has been disconnected for a week :( But now he's back D: And welcome, all new Warriors :)

Username: Avishka
Two Partner Pokemons: garchomp and metagross
Reason for joining: some are quite strong and their designs are also quite unique
What's your most favorite type among these three: Steel, Rock, Ground and why?
steel bcuz some of my fave pokemon are steel types . There are only two types weak to Steel: Ice and Rock. both of which are rarely used defensively.
Garchomp bcuz He's got the speed, he's got the strength, not to mention he's straight up Uber in every way shape or form, thus being banned in such lower tiers and even tournaments! He's deadly. He's vicious. He's beastly. Not to mention being in a Sandstorm team with 'Sand Veil,' just makes him more threatening than those of a Legendary Pokemon even!
I might disagree about the 'unique' appearance of Garchomp. It is based on Sharpedo, which had been designed a generation before. They are the same color, the same star - shape, the same 'shark' base. Here is proof:
http://thesonofthedarkness.deviantart.com/art/Sharpedo-and-Garchomp-130375510
But Metagross is unique (:

Username: Curious.

Two Partner Pokemons: There's so many amazing pokemon to choose from.. but if I have to narrow it down, I think I'll opt for Bronzong and Larvitar.

Reason for joining: Ground types are extremely strong, their bulky nature, their defenses and heir attacking strength are all quite impressive. But what I like the most about these type of Pokemon is their designs. They vary tremmendously, and nearly all of them are really intriguing to look at.

What's your most favourite out of these three; Rock, Ground and Steel Types and Why? To be honest, I can't really split myself between Ground and Steel types since both I think are extremely cool species of Pokemon. Their tough demeanor and their hardy behaviour makes them formidable opponents and down right awesome pokemon to capture, own, and befriend.
Cool choice on Larvitar (: He's one of my favorite Ash's pokemon. Anyways, Welcome to the Castle !

Username : Rainbow Arcanine

Two Partner Pokemon : Flygon and Jake the Donphan.
Reason for Joining : I love all sorts of Desert Pokemon, I can't survive one Pokemon game without them! All of them have powerful stats as well.

What is your favourite sand Pokemon?
This is really hard. But I'm going to say Phanpy - it's just adorable,powerful and defensive! Plus it is an elephant! One of my favourite animals of all time
:D!
So do I! I couldn't survive one PKM Gen without at least one of them! On GBC, I had Tyranitar. Then, I had metang. DPPt, a hundred percent for Garchomp, my favorite. Last but not least, Excadrill for gen 5 (: But logically, there wasn't any powerful desert pokemon in gen I :P
Finally, here's your welcome picture :)
Phanpy_by_true_blue_22.jpg

Username:danaxe
Two Partner Pokemons:magneto the metagross. drago bug
Reason for joining:sand pokemon. well a lot of my favorites are sand pokemon
Answer the current topic!favorite sand pokemon? well metagross. i love steel and psycic types

hey you should add spearow and fearow =D
Why would spearow and fearow in this topic? Can you explain this to me plz. And could you please list your partners pokemons again?

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
oh sorry i forgot to put flygon in

drago bug the flygon

about fearow/spearow

they look like ravaged pokemon hardy enough to live in the desert
also they are found in the dsert area of the safari zone in hg/ss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back