• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Starter Pokémon

Who is your Favorite R/S/E starter Pokémon?

• Mudkip

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • Treecko

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 30 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
Both Torchic and Mudkip made everything so easy, but they're both really fun. Treecko, on the other hand, made life miserable until Leaf Blade came along. So I'm going to have to go with Torchic.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I probably play with Treecko more than the other two.
Actually I pretty much never pick Torchic. I should try sometime...

My vote goes to Mudkip though, because I think that it's the most practical starter in the game and Water/Ground is a very good typing to have. My playthroughs are usually easier when I pick Mudkip.

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
Mudkip definitely! Once it had fully evolved I pretty much had it OHKO-ing everything with Surf and Muddy Water... unless it wasn't a good type match up lol

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
I would say the over all best starter would be Mudkip. Treeko is probably the worst grass starter as far.
But my vote goes to Torchic. Because the first time i played Ruby i picked it.
Plus i still use Blaziken.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Sceptile. Cool design (it looks like a dragon), the king of the forest, STAB Leaf Storm, Swords Dance, yup. Blaziken is ugly, overrated, and Uberz in gen 5 for some reason. Swampert is ok and I like its Water/Ground-typing, plus it's the best Hoenn starter (ignoring the fact that Blaziken gets Speed Boost via the DW), but it's not as cool-looking as Sceptile.

Therefore, my vote goes to Treecko, since it also looks cooler than Torchic and Mudkip. It should be noted that Marshtomp is my favourite middle evo.

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
I love Treecko~ Grovyle is actually one of my favourite Pokémon. After that it'd be Mudkip then Torchic for RSE the starters.

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
I'd choose mudkip my favorite starter pokemon it's really fun to play with

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Mudkip! I fell in love with that thing as a child. :) To this day, it's one of my all-time favorite pokemon. (The meme didn't help.)

Years
Torchic is my favorite. It's always been my favorite RSE starter just because it's such a cutie and it can pack a bit of a peck. Plus, the fact that it's evolutions are Fire/Fighting and learn Flying moves makes the movepool a lot more interesting.

Years
Torchic.
Blazikan is just a fighting machine, I breeze through the game with him.
I tried to use Treecko once, but when I got to the road to go to Mauville from Slateport and battle Brendon, it starts to disobey me, so I had to start over again.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Torchic is my favorite starter, it's adorable.
Its evos are great too, Combusken and Blaziken.
• Combusken: It looks cool and has a good move, Double Kick (in my opinion).
• Blaziken: Blaze Kick all the things! Plus it's in Ubers!

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
I tied up Treecko with Torchic. Now take the lead my little tree gecko thing....I always had a soft spot for grass types. Favorite type to be honest, despite the legendaries are meh.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury
Years
Mudkip! It's cute but not too much; it's powerfull; and swampert as an incredible typing as it is powerfull and a tank. speed? trick room do the trick

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I prefer Mudkip. Sure it was super weak to grass, but the immunity to electric was worth it.

Plus the design >>>>>>>>>
ec20fb7f.gif

Back