• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
ok i see the map but instead of makeing a hole warp system how would i go by makeing it link to a new map say Starter town to Route 102 or what ever it is called how could i do that to my own custom map

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
@ zi212 Well once you have inserted the map(s) you want to link, find the map. bank number for one of them (starter town) and on the other map (route 102) click on tool then go to connections editor, enter which direction you want the map to connect to your other map, and type in the map and ban numbers. Now do the same for the other map so the two are conected

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Please, i really need help with N-E-A.
It says "run-time error: type missmatch", but I copyed EVERYTHING in the same folder (the hack, the N-E-A and the inis)

OMG HELP

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hi
thanks for the help Speedonh and sorry for the late reply.
I have a few more questions

1. when i look at an existing script using elite map whicth opens ScriptED and then i change the script and click compile and another window appears and says:

Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
--------------------------------------------------------------
Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted.

i have my rom and script in the same folder as the other files
Can you help me with this.

2. does anybody know of a place where i can get some sprites that i can use freely?

3. if i download a midi file and insert it in my hack can i use that midi i downloaded or do i have to make my own?

4. can someone make me a script for new bark town when you try and leave with out a pokemon ang a script that when you enter the lab you go to elm and get your pokemon?

i think thats it
Thanks in advance

Link

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
Hi
thanks for the help Speedonh and sorry for the late reply.
I have a few more questions

1. when i look at an existing script using elite map whicth opens ScriptED and then i change the script and click compile and another window appears and says:

Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
--------------------------------------------------------------
Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted.

i have my rom and script in the same folder as the other files
Can you help me with this.

2. does anybody know of a place where i can get some sprites that i can use freely?

3. if i download a midi file and insert it in my hack can i use that midi i downloaded or do i have to make my own?

4. can someone make me a script for new bark town when you try and leave with out a pokemon ang a script that when you enter the lab you go to elm and get your pokemon?

i think thats it
Thanks in advance

Link

1. Check if you have a rom in the same folder as scriptED

2. Check on www.shnet.tk

3. You can use that midi

4. Ask Zel or Christos for help^^

linkandzelda

Years
thanks for the quick reply

1. i have my script and rom in the same folder as scripted.exe

2. i cant understand that site

3. thats good

4. i will

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2007
ok ive got a table for gold but now it shows red cdrosses andi still don't understand it.

linkandzelda

Years
thanks for the help with the sprites but the g/s/c sprites are in the same grafics as the gbc and i need them in gba. i posted on that scripting thread and im awaiting a reply

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
I was talking to Blaze and he said i need a script to add pokemon trainers

i made a map called trainer mountin i got 6 people signs with trainer ticked but they wont battle and idea how i could fix that?

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Zi212 said:
I was talking to Blaze and he said i need a script to add pokemon trainers

i made a map called trainer mountin i got 6 people signs with trainer ticked but they wont battle and idea how i could fix that?

Because you need to make a pokemon Trainer script, which you will insert the offset of that script, where it says "script" on the program you are using. Research some more about Scripting, and other tools.

Ticking the "Trainer" only tells AdvanceMap to pretty much give that person a ! thing.

I suggest going into the Scripting Area, and requesting a Trainer Battle script, but remember to tell them, the pokemon you want, and the text they'll say.

ShadowLati0s said:
When I play my hacked ROM, it only shows a white screen. Halp?

There could be many reasons for this. But in anyway, it means your ROM is messed up or corrupted. You'll have to go to a previous back-up of your ROM, or you can try to trace your steps and fix your mistake.

slog said:
ok ive got a table for gold but now it shows red cdrosses andi still don't understand it.

Be more specific, or explain more. I have no clue what you are talking about. A table for your HEX EDITOR?

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
No...

There could be many reasons for this. But in anyway, it means your ROM is messed up or corrupted. You'll have to go to a previous back-up of your ROM, or you can try to trace your steps and fix your mistake.
It's not corrupted, as all other tools (Pokecry, PokePic, etc) Still load it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
1.I cahnged where the moving truck is and i want to change where the hero spawns outside of it, so i am not jumping at some random part of the map. and yes i did look at the truck warp and i dont know how to change it.

1b.Is there a way where i can change the direction they walk to there house, because they just walk over all of my scenery and it looks bad. like instead of walking over everything, walk a route of my choice?

2. In the beginning, right before you get your first pokemon, they make you walk on a certain path, can i change this path to my own path and if i need to add more points to it if that is how it works?

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
It's not corrupted, as all other tools (Pokecry, PokePic, etc) Still load it.
Just because it loads, doesn't mean it isn't corrupted. Eithier way, their is no way anyone can help you here, unless you know what you performed on the ROM before this White Screen glitched occured.

GM said:
1.I changed where the moving truck is and i want to change where the hero spawns outside of it, so i am not jumping at some random part of the map. and yes i did look at the truck warp and i dont know how to change it.

1b.Is there a way where i can change the direction they walk to there house, because they just walk over all of my scenery and it looks bad. like instead of walking over everything, walk a route of my choice?

2. In the beginning, right before you get your first pokemon, they make you walk on a certain path, can i change this path to my own path and if i need to add more points to it if that is how it works?
1. I think SMEA can change that. Don't trust me on that though, because I'm not extremely sure, since I've never used it myself.

1b+2. These both require script changes. You'll have to use ScriptED, and actually edit the "applymovement" data for each of those sprites. For further help, I suggest going to the script thread.

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
I have a problem with AdvanceMap version(1.82)

Everytime I try to load my FireRed rom it stops respongding and I have to end the program.

Is there any way to fix this?

note: it is an original FireRed rom with no edits or anything.

So if you know how to fix this please tell!

Download it from a different site. Uninstall, then re-install Advance map.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
ShadowLati0s said:
When I play my hacked ROM, it only shows a white screen. Halp?

The real way to fix this is by going to Options > Emulator and then you put Flash 128K on instead of the current Flash 64K.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
All right, I've never asked a question here so this is my first XD

How would I edit Professor Oak in the intro?
Or the guy player? Or the girl player?

I searched and found nothing D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back