• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Ultra Prism Discussion (And Review!)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
So ULP is a set. There's some Metal-types in it. More importantly though, FA Gardnia is in it, and in case it wasn't obvious from my sig and avatar and usertitle Gardenia is the best gym leader.

DISCUSS

Last edited:
Years
I admittedly haven't really been paying any attention to this set's pre-release chatter about how it will affect the game, but can I just say that we have some promising Stage 2s even for casual play in this set, and Empoleon actually could be pretty potent with loaded benches.

Also from stuff I pulled, Silvally GX looks like you could squeeze it into anything heavy on Basics and make something work.

I do like Luxray, but I can't think of anything that it could use as an energy engine.

Also, Full Art Cynthia is bae.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Fantastic article. I'm splitting an Ultra Prism booster-box with my brother. It should be on my doorstep by the 6th. Can't wait to see what I get.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
I've opened three boosters so far. Heat Rotom is the only card of note so far.

Back