The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Resources
Other Gen 7 PBS, Scripts, Graphics and more

Resources Everything you need to help make your game can be found in here. You can also post your own resources. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old March 20th, 2017 (2:11 PM).
Azurestonedog's Avatar
Azurestonedog Azurestonedog is offline
AZR Stonedog
     
    Join Date: Dec 2016
    Location: Wales
    Gender: Other
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 20
    Whilst updating my game to include moves/abilities form your pack this error happens:

    Script 'PokeBattle_Move' line 1344: SyntaxError occurred.

    This is how it looks in Essentials:
    1341:def pbMoveFailed(attacker,opponent)
    1342: # Called to determine whether the move failed
    1343: return false
    1344: end

    I had another end there at line 1345 that also causes the error, but for line 1345. What am I doing wrong?

    Not using vanilla essentials obviously, no mods to these scripts bar your pack

    Relevant Advertising!

      #77    
    Old March 20th, 2017 (2:15 PM).
    Jol the Hedgehog Jol the Hedgehog is offline
       
      Join Date: Dec 2015
      Posts: 29
      That's a great pack, thanks for sharing it with the community, I hope you update it soon, but when you do that, please upload to another server, I suffer to download on that dumb Dropbox. ;-;
        #78    
      Old March 20th, 2017 (10:33 PM).
      Marin's Avatar
      Marin Marin is offline
      Not Bored
       
      Join Date: Nov 2016
      Age: 16
      Gender: Other
      Posts: 649
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Azurestonedog View Post
      Whilst updating my game to include moves/abilities form your pack this error happens:

      Script 'PokeBattle_Move' line 1344: SyntaxError occurred.

      This is how it looks in Essentials:
      1341:def pbMoveFailed(attacker,opponent)
      1342: # Called to determine whether the move failed
      1343: return false
      1344: end

      I had another end there at line 1345 that also causes the error, but for line 1345. What am I doing wrong?

      Not using vanilla essentials obviously, no mods to these scripts bar your pack
      Can you post a few lines above and under? Put [ CODE ] before it and [ /CODE ] after it, without spaces. And this happened during startup, yes?
        #79    
      Old March 20th, 2017 (10:58 PM).
      Azurestonedog's Avatar
      Azurestonedog Azurestonedog is offline
      AZR Stonedog
         
        Join Date: Dec 2016
        Location: Wales
        Gender: Other
        Nature: Careful
        Posts: 20
        yes, occurs during startup, the final end is the end of the code section completely. Lines 1318 - 1345, copied the section from vanilla essentials into my project to see if that fixed the error and it doesn't, so that is why the end has reappeared at line 1345

        Code:
          def pbOnDamageLost(damage,attacker,opponent)
            # Used by Counter/Mirror Coat/Revenge/Focus Punch/Bide
            [email protected]
            type=pbType(type,attacker,opponent)
            if opponent.effects[PBEffects::Bide]>0
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::BideDamage]+=damage
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::BideTarget]=attacker.index
            end
            if @function==0x90 # Hidden Power
              type=getConst(PBTypes,:NORMAL) || 0
            end
            if pbIsPhysical?(type)
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::Counter]=damage
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::CounterTarget]=attacker.index
            elsif pbIsSpecial?(type)
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::MirrorCoat]=damage
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::MirrorCoatTarget]=attacker.index
            end
            opponent.lastHPLost=damage # for Revenge/Focus Punch/Metal Burst
            opponent.tookDamage=true if damage>0 # for Assurance
            opponent.lastAttacker.push(attacker.index) # for Revenge/Metal Burst
          end
        
          def pbMoveFailed(attacker,opponent)
            # Called to determine whether the move failed
            return false
          end
        end
          #80    
        Old March 21st, 2017 (2:35 AM).
        Marin's Avatar
        Marin Marin is offline
        Not Bored
         
        Join Date: Nov 2016
        Age: 16
        Gender: Other
        Posts: 649
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Azurestonedog View Post
        yes, occurs during startup, the final end is the end of the code section completely. Lines 1318 - 1345, copied the section from vanilla essentials into my project to see if that fixed the error and it doesn't, so that is why the end has reappeared at line 1345

        Code:
          def pbOnDamageLost(damage,attacker,opponent)
            # Used by Counter/Mirror Coat/Revenge/Focus Punch/Bide
            [email protected]
            type=pbType(type,attacker,opponent)
            if opponent.effects[PBEffects::Bide]>0
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::BideDamage]+=damage
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::BideTarget]=attacker.index
            end
            if @function==0x90 # Hidden Power
              type=getConst(PBTypes,:NORMAL) || 0
            end
            if pbIsPhysical?(type)
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::Counter]=damage
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::CounterTarget]=attacker.index
            elsif pbIsSpecial?(type)
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::MirrorCoat]=damage
              opponent.effects[PBEffects::MirrorCoatTarget]=attacker.index
            end
            opponent.lastHPLost=damage # for Revenge/Focus Punch/Metal Burst
            opponent.tookDamage=true if damage>0 # for Assurance
            opponent.lastAttacker.push(attacker.index) # for Revenge/Metal Burst
          end
        
          def pbMoveFailed(attacker,opponent)
            # Called to determine whether the move failed
            return false
          end
        end
        The issue isn't in this piece of code. My guess would be that you pasted something in improperly or that I made a mistake somewhere, which I don't think since I don't think anyone else has gotten this issue yet. Your best bet is probably to look at the lines you added new and see if every "if" and "def" gets "ended" properly.
          #81    
        Old March 23rd, 2017 (11:44 AM).
        Alex362's Avatar
        Alex362 Alex362 is offline
           
          Join Date: Oct 2015
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 7
          Hi, did I realize that the minior and wishiwashi do not change shape what should I do?
            #82    
          Old March 23rd, 2017 (12:08 PM).
          Marin's Avatar
          Marin Marin is offline
          Not Bored
           
          Join Date: Nov 2016
          Age: 16
          Gender: Other
          Posts: 649
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alex362 View Post
          Hi, did I realize that the minior and wishiwashi do not change shape what should I do?
          They do. Do you have the Multiple_Forms script for them, the sprites, the code and everything? Becuase they do change form just fine.
            #83    
          Old March 23rd, 2017 (12:14 PM).
          Alex362's Avatar
          Alex362 Alex362 is offline
             
            Join Date: Oct 2015
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 7
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by M3rein View Post
            They do. Do you have the Multiple_Forms script for them, the sprites, the code and everything? Becuase they do change form just fine.
            In my they do not change shape
              #84    
            Old March 23rd, 2017 (12:26 PM).
            Marin's Avatar
            Marin Marin is offline
            Not Bored
             
            Join Date: Nov 2016
            Age: 16
            Gender: Other
            Posts: 649
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alex362 View Post
            Hi, did I realize that the minior and wishiwashi do not change shape what should I do?
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alex362 View Post
            In my they do not change shape
            Have they met their requirements? Wishiwashi level 20 or above and Minior under half HP? Otherwise, you've definitely skipped/I have forgotten to include some code.
              #85    
            Old March 23rd, 2017 (12:30 PM).
            Alex362's Avatar
            Alex362 Alex362 is offline
               
              Join Date: Oct 2015
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 7
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by M3rein View Post
              Have they met their requirements? Wishiwashi level 20 or above and Minior under half HP? Otherwise, you've definitely skipped/I have forgotten to include some code.
              Well it was under the above requirement but it still did not change shape
                #86    
              Old March 24th, 2017 (9:41 AM).
              Gresh113 Gresh113 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2016
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 25
                I have a question about installing the RKS-System Ability.
                The instructions say:
                # Find this line: if isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:MULTITYPE)
                # And replace it with this: if isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:MULTITYPE) || isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:RKSSYSTEM)
                Which script am I supposed to do this in?
                __________________


                  #87    
                Old March 24th, 2017 (11:48 AM).
                Marin's Avatar
                Marin Marin is offline
                Not Bored
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2016
                Age: 16
                Gender: Other
                Posts: 649
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Gresh113 View Post
                I have a question about installing the RKS-System Ability.
                The instructions say:
                # Find this line: if isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:MULTITYPE)
                # And replace it with this: if isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:MULTITYPE) || isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:RKSSYSTEM)
                Which script am I supposed to do this in?
                I believe underneath Soak in PokeBattle_MoveEffects. I'm not even sure myself.
                  #88    
                Old March 25th, 2017 (5:10 AM).
                Marin's Avatar
                Marin Marin is offline
                Not Bored
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2016
                Age: 16
                Gender: Other
                Posts: 649
                I'm not going to update the pack anymore; People manage to break it regardless of what I do and I find too many small typo's and such in the PBS. This is normally not a reason to stop, but since I'm going to be too busy and I don't really care for this project anymore, it is.

                The download will still be available. Credits still remain the same. I may or may not respond to errors posted here, it depends on what it is. I won't respond to errors in PBS, as the error itself will literally be your answer.
                  #89    
                Old April 12th, 2017 (3:08 PM).
                Moriya123 Moriya123 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2017
                  Posts: 1
                  I don't work LIQUIDVOICE abilities
                  It doesn't change into water
                  Please confirm.
                    #90    
                  Old April 12th, 2017 (10:43 PM).
                  Marin's Avatar
                  Marin Marin is offline
                  Not Bored
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2016
                  Age: 16
                  Gender: Other
                  Posts: 649
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Moriya123 View Post
                  I don't work LIQUIDVOICE abilities
                  It doesn't change into water
                  Please confirm.
                  It does.
                    #91    
                  Old April 13th, 2017 (3:25 AM).
                  Bonslyfan's Avatar
                  Bonslyfan Bonslyfan is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2010
                    Location: Australia
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 27
                    So, I get an error, regarding to Aurora Veil. I get this error when I start the game up.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.png
Views:	99
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	81651

                    And this is what the scripting is listed as:

                    Code:
                          # Aurora Veil
                          if opponent.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::AuroraVeil]>0 && pbIsPhysical?(type)
                            if @battle.doublebattle
                              finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*0.66).round
                            else
                              finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*0.5).round
                            end
                          end
                          if opponent.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::AuroraVeil]>0 && pbIsSpecial?(type)
                            if @battle.doublebattle
                              finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*0.66).round
                            else
                              finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*0.5).round
                            end
                          end
                    __________________
                    Professor: You may pick a Pokémon.
                    Trainer: Hmm...Can I borrow all of them to see which is better?
                    Professor: Sure!
                    *Several weeks later*
                    Professor: He isn't coming back is he...

                    http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/Pokemon-Skyblaze-Supporter.gif
                      #92    
                    Old April 13th, 2017 (6:02 AM).
                    Marin's Avatar
                    Marin Marin is offline
                    Not Bored
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2016
                    Age: 16
                    Gender: Other
                    Posts: 649
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Bonslyfan View Post
                    So, I get an error, regarding to Aurora Veil. I get this error when I start the game up.
                    Attachment 81651

                    And this is what the scripting is listed as:

                    Code:
                          # Aurora Veil
                          if opponent.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::AuroraVeil]>0 && pbIsPhysical?(type)
                            if @battle.doublebattle
                              finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*0.66).round
                            else
                              finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*0.5).round
                            end
                          end
                          if opponent.pbOwnSide.effects[PBEffects::AuroraVeil]>0 && pbIsSpecial?(type)
                            if @battle.doublebattle
                              finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*0.66).round
                            else
                              finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*0.5).round
                            end
                          end
                    Make sure you've followed the steps.
                      #93    
                    Old April 13th, 2017 (9:10 AM).
                    Bonslyfan's Avatar
                    Bonslyfan Bonslyfan is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2010
                      Location: Australia
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 27
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by M3rein View Post
                      Make sure you've followed the steps.
                      Well, I've doubled and tripled check. I'm still getting that same error message.
                      __________________
                      Professor: You may pick a Pokémon.
                      Trainer: Hmm...Can I borrow all of them to see which is better?
                      Professor: Sure!
                      *Several weeks later*
                      Professor: He isn't coming back is he...

                      http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/Pokemon-Skyblaze-Supporter.gif
                        #94    
                      Old April 17th, 2017 (7:30 PM).
                      mapleck's Avatar
                      mapleck mapleck is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2008
                        Posts: 2
                        Thank you for this. I think I've downloaded most of the scripts with no errors.
                        If I may add, will there be any edits to PBS/TMs?
                          #95    
                        Old April 17th, 2017 (10:51 PM).
                        Marin's Avatar
                        Marin Marin is offline
                        Not Bored
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2016
                        Age: 16
                        Gender: Other
                        Posts: 649
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by mapleck View Post
                        Thank you for this. I think I've downloaded most of the scripts with no errors.
                        If I may add, will there be any edits to PBS/TMs?
                        No. The files are as is, not adding/changing anything anymore.
                          #96    
                        Old May 20th, 2017 (7:28 PM).
                        Arkira Arkira is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2017
                          Posts: 4
                          Okay, so I was implemeting your script pack thing, into my game, and I fixed some issues however I keep getting this error when I attempt to use a move in the game.
                          Spoiler:
                          ---------------------------
                          Pokemon Essentials
                          ---------------------------
                          Exception: NoMethodError

                          Message: undefined method `pbDisplayUseMessage' for #<PokeBattle_Move_000:0xab60d10>

                          PokeBattle_Battler:3207:in `pbUseMove'

                          PokeBattle_Battler:3572:in `pbProcessTurn'

                          PokeBattle_Battler:3571:in `logonerr'

                          PokeBattle_Battler:3571:in `pbProcessTurn'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2888:in `pbAttackPhase'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2885:in `each'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2885:in `pbAttackPhase'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2873:in `times'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2873:in `pbAttackPhase'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2591:in `pbStartBattleCore'



                          This exception was logged in

                          C:\Users\MJ\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

                          Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                          ---------------------------
                          OK
                          ---------------------------


                          Just a side note I didn't do any edits to the script besides your scripts from the 1.2 pack, and help would be appreciated, thanks.
                            #97    
                          Old May 21st, 2017 (12:28 AM).
                          Marin's Avatar
                          Marin Marin is offline
                          Not Bored
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2016
                          Age: 16
                          Gender: Other
                          Posts: 649
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Arkira View Post
                          Okay, so I was implemeting your script pack thing, into my game, and I fixed some issues however I keep getting this error when I attempt to use a move in the game.
                          Spoiler:
                          ---------------------------
                          Pokemon Essentials
                          ---------------------------
                          Exception: NoMethodError

                          Message: undefined method `pbDisplayUseMessage' for #<PokeBattle_Move_000:0xab60d10>

                          PokeBattle_Battler:3207:in `pbUseMove'

                          PokeBattle_Battler:3572:in `pbProcessTurn'

                          PokeBattle_Battler:3571:in `logonerr'

                          PokeBattle_Battler:3571:in `pbProcessTurn'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2888:in `pbAttackPhase'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2885:in `each'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2885:in `pbAttackPhase'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2873:in `times'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2873:in `pbAttackPhase'

                          PokeBattle_Battle:2591:in `pbStartBattleCore'



                          This exception was logged in

                          C:\Users\MJ\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

                          Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
                          ---------------------------
                          OK
                          ---------------------------


                          Just a side note I didn't do any edits to the script besides your scripts from the 1.2 pack, and help would be appreciated, thanks.
                          All I can think of is that you didn't paste in some scripts properly.
                            #98    
                          Old May 25th, 2017 (6:59 PM).
                          Arkira Arkira is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2017
                            Posts: 4
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by M3rein View Post
                            All I can think of is that you didn't paste in some scripts properly.
                            Alright I was attempting to re-add the scripts, but I still haven't got it to work, do you think it is possible you could send me a patched version of the script file? The only scripts I've added is the gen 6 pack, if that is too much of a hassle for you then it's fine.
                              #99    
                            Old May 26th, 2017 (12:26 AM).
                            Marin's Avatar
                            Marin Marin is offline
                            Not Bored
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2016
                            Age: 16
                            Gender: Other
                            Posts: 649
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Arkira View Post
                            Alright I was attempting to re-add the scripts, but I still haven't got it to work, do you think it is possible you could send me a patched version of the script file? The only scripts I've added is the gen 6 pack, if that is too much of a hassle for you then it's fine.
                            I'll soon be making a small kit which contains v16.2 of Essentials and everything from this pack. The way I've done the scripts is not really working out for most people. It's a lot of copy-pasting and almost everyone manages to mess up somewhere.
                              #100    
                            Old May 26th, 2017 (9:18 AM).
                            Arkira Arkira is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2017
                              Posts: 4
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by M3rein View Post
                              I'll soon be making a small kit which contains v16.2 of Essentials and everything from this pack. The way I've done the scripts is not really working out for most people. It's a lot of copy-pasting and almost everyone manages to mess up somewhere.
                              Oh alright, I'll be looking forward to that in the future.
                              Closed Thread

                              Quick Reply

                              Join the conversation!

                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:22 PM.