• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC likes you.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
One question though, will the owner of a post be notified if it is liked? Or will it possible appear on the UCP?

^

And, when I "like" a post (now I specifically tried with Ausadriel's first post) the counter still stays at whatever it was before (in this case 7 instead of going up to 8).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
One question though, will the owner of a post be notified if it is liked? Or will it possible appear on the UCP?

Audy said on IRC that there will be notifications (as in like VM notifications etc) but as to whether they'll be on UCP, idk.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
^

And, when I "like" a post (now I specifically tried with Ausadriel's first post) the counter still stays at whatever it was before (in this case 7 instead of going up to 8).

You mean it says "You and 7 others"? Or does it become "You and 6 others"? Because you + 7 other people = 8 people, haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
You mean it says "You and 7 others"? Or does it become "You and 6 others"? Because you + 7 other people = 8 people, haha.
No need to laugh when you misunderstand me.

345ii5e.png

Nope, I don't even seem to show up as having liked it.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Nice, I'm already taking advantage of this. :D

I have noticed the "blog this post" post button is missing now though, and I miss him. o;

I do however like the fact that the post controls are in the alt2 class now, it looks great on The Plaza. :]

The only aesthetic changes I would make would be to change the font weight of "Like" to bold.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If you're not quite tired of coding this yet, is there any way we could get an "unlike" option? Not like thumbs down, but undoing an accidental click on the "like". I do this all the time on Facebook so it would be nice, but not a huge deal. :3

Edit: Also I agree with the bold!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I saw it when I was using the standard forum style; it's a very clever feature and I'm glad it's beginning to be implemented here. I hope it can be added to all the styles soon! I'm sure that will take a lot of work, but again another thank you for even trying! C:

droomph

weeb
Years
you should really un-link that "x others" thing, or at least make it go to a relevant place on the page...

EDIT: GREAT JOB THOUGH DON'T GET ME WRONG

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Pretty cool new feature. Can't wait for all the bugs to be worked out with it. So far, I've had no problems.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years

Audy said on IRC that there will be notifications (as in like VM notifications etc) but as to whether they'll be on UCP, idk.
Ah I see. Well a notification is well enough I guess xD
You're not blind, it definitely isn't. The changes to the post layout were too extensive to do it automatically, so I have to manually edit any styles that have changed it. >_<;
Whaaaaaa? o_O;
Oh God, that must be pretty exhausting xD
Good luck :3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
PokeCommunity is Facebook now?

Oh gawd no. Isn't the rep system enough?
Having a like system =/= Facebook, and aside from Post Comments, we don't have rep.

Really glad this was finally implemented, though I agree that we should be able to un-like a post if we accidentally clicked like. Really good job on this though, keep up the great coding! ^^

Reactions: cxd

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
The only complaint I have is the location of the like button. Is it possible at all to move it closer to the rest of the post options like the reply button? Having it isolated like that makes it a tad bit unpleasant to the eye, particularly with some of the darker styles (I'm using Dawn of Champions with the Legacy format and it just looks... unpleasant.)

Seems to be working fine though from what I've seen. Gonna give it a test here shortly to see if I have any technical problems. Thanks for all the effort and hard work, Audy.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I was wondering where this was. I was like... this is what this forum is missing, then it starts appearing out of nowhere.

Though I am having problems seeing it right now. Maybe it's my browser? Or AdBlock? Or is this a setting? I'm not sure...

Back