• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Jade Conference

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I like them! Here's the constructive criticism:
1 - The circle around the trees in the first screen should be a darker shade because that's where the shadow is cast.
2 - The second tree in the bottom right corner seems to have the middle part of it missing and looks a bit thin.
3 - The warehouses have the word 'LAB' on them, you should edit the chipset and remove it.
4 - The Rocket's seem to be R/S style while the hero is Fr/Lg style. Having chipsets from different versions looks slightly odd.

That's it. Great screens again, keep it up! Try to avoid double posting as well to avoid getting in trouble with the staff ;).

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
The images seem a bit badly jpg'd. Try saving as PNG (or GIF if you're desperate). Onto the general mapping then...

I like the warehouse area. Nice structure. You say it'll be tedious? Why not make it defy the laws of GSC! Since I'm recreating the basic story of GSC in my game, I've changed it so it's actually quite interesting. It stops the player switching off.

The grasslands look fine. Try leave a bit less empty space, and fix that tree on the island. The tree bases look a bit odd too; make the colour darker. Stick a few extra trees in for variation perhaps, just get rid of any glaring space. The idea's certainly cool.

I'm still impressed with the general layout :-D keep it up!

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
Years
Thanks for the compliments guys! I'll certainly fix those problems. I may post some more screens on Wednesday. Depending on how much I get done...

Phoenix316: I thought you could double post, as long as it was for screenshots...? I guess not. lol

AbareMax

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
You're only allowed to double post when you can't get any more attachments into the first post and you need to double post to get them all in. Well now you know, so you wont do it again, will ya? ;)

AbareMax

Years
Phoenix: No sir! Now I know...Do you have a FR/LG Rocket Charset I could use? I'd much appreciate it.

On Topic:

I am planning on releasing a demo around June, so keep that in mind ;D. Also I have come up with some new types of trainers for the games as well. If anyone would like to send me ideas, please do so!

The mapping is coming along nicely, as it should. I hope to have some more screens for you all tomorrow afternoon around this time, and maybe a sprite or two...hehehe

That's all for today.

AbareMax

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I believe Avatar or rm2k3kid may have an FR/LG Rocket Grunt, it may be worth requesting it in the Help Thread.
The demo should be pretty good if you're going to put that much time and effort into it, it should definitely be worth playing.

AbareMax

Years
Alrighty! Update time.

Here's some new trainers and one is a gym leader. I'm going to do my best to sprite them myself...:(

OperaWoman.jpg

This is an...Opera Woman! She'll be using loud, singing type Pok?mon. Whenever you encounter one, they'll use Pok?mon with music type moves.

Lawrence.jpg

I present to you....Lawrence! He's one of the Gym Leaders, later on in the game. He has a reputation for being a loud, obnoxious punk rocker, who uses Grass-type Pok?mon, with music therapy...Lawrence will be a major character throughout the game, other than being the Gym Leader of Allergando City. He gives out the LOTUS BADGE.

Ballerina.jpg

Another basic trainer. The ballerina uses pretty Pok?mon that can dance. Any Ballerina that you meet in Pok?mon Jade Conference will have exceptional agility skills, as well as above average Special Attack.

Whew! That was a lot. Still, if you wish to help sprite, by all means post here and let me know. I hope to have the sprited forms of these by Saturday, but if someone wants to help me out with them, just post here.

AbareMax

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I love the viking helmet on the opera singer XD. They look like nice trainer images, though it will be better to judge them when you've actually sprited them.

AbareMax

Years
Thanks for the compliments Phoenix, although I'd like to hear some more from other people...

http://projects.rpgi.net/abaremax/

I've been working on a game site, but it's not much...yet. It's very basic. However I think you all will like the Pok?mon...thanks to the spriter that is helping us out, Chibi_Pika!
Please post comments on the site.

AbareMax

AbareMax

Years
Please excuse my double post, but I have a FULL map of one of the early towns in the game.
Route1.png

Well, this is Route 1. What else can I say about it except that it's the first route of the game....

MiddleBrookTown.png

This MiddleBrook Town. You'll go here as one of the first towns, and this is also the very first Jade Conference Gym.

I would very much appreciate it if anyone would like to give comments on what I can improve upon...because I know there is something I can do...

Drum roll please...*bah dah bah bah dah bah bah dah bah* Some new Pok?mon, courtesy of our spriting team! I won't be revealing any other information about these Pok?mon right now, but I'll "unveil" the shadows next week...

pixtalshadow.png

Felineeshadow.png

Reynileshadow.png

octspinshadow.png

Again, I'm sorry for double posting, but I felt like I had to update this. Also visit our new website: http://projects.rpgi.net/abaremax/

AbareMax

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
Years
The maps look ok, but are they resized? Because they look really squashed and its hard to see minor mapping errors. The Gym looks kinda weird and the mart looks like its missing a row of tiles in the roof, but mostly good work, keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2006
Hi i'm new, but me and Abaremax go way back.

Anyway, I have seen some of the maps and this game is shaping to look pretty nifty. Abare also asked me to design some trainer drawings for him that he will put in the game, let's just say we came up with some pretty creative trainers which Abare might post soon.

AbareMax

Years
OK, on next monday I'll start revealing the stats about the Pok?mon in my sig. One by one...

Anyways, eventually I'll get a forum going, but not yet. I haven't had enough feedback yet.:'( Once I do, then I'll open a forum and the forum will have all of the information first. I don't have any good screenshots right now, so I won't post any...

Also please post some Constructive Criticism about my site...I'd like to know what I can do to improve it.

AbareMax

Maximo v.2

my walking sprites and....
Years
That third pokemon is reynile and if youre not chibi pika from serebii stop stealing sprites

Edit: sorry i just checked youre website chibi pika's helping ya

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2005
Heya, Abare, Finally had a chance to get on PC. x_x Anyway, I was think of making a pre-evo for the sprite I made cause it seems like it needs one. What do you think?

AbareMax

Years
MoonlightPoochyena said:
Heya, Abare, Finally had a chance to get on PC. x_x Anyway, I was think of making a pre-evo for the sprite I made cause it seems like it needs one. What do you think?

Yeah, that'd work out very nicely Poochyena! I think it could use one, too. Not that the Pok?mon is bad, it's just that it looks to powerful to be only a basic.

Game progress is going well. It looks like a very basic demo will be out in a few weeks, I'm still not 100% sure. So don't hold it against me if things don't work out XD.

If at all possible, I'd appreciate some work comments on my maps, chars, etc. These things are what keep me motivated! As soon as I get 5 more posts I'll start to reveal the new Pok?mon for Jade. ;)

AbareMax

AbareMax

Years
Mods: Please forgive me for double posting, but I have some screenshots and some new Pok?mon to reveal...

I think it's about time to reveal one of the Pok?mon sprites..don't you all?

HarmonyTown.png

This is Harmony Town. The very first town in the game. It's home to the professors of Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn.

Felinee.gif

I present to you...Felinee. The newly discovered baby-form of Meowth.

POK?DEX ENTRY: Felinees like to live in urban areas, and constantly crawl around in alies. One can hear a Felinee coming, due to the bell around it's neck.

----
Well that's all of the updates for today. Please post suggestions, comments, etc. on things I can improve upon. There's always room for me to improve my work.

Also constructive criticism is a must for me...

AbareMax

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
that Felinee is sooo cute lol..
I love it.
The map is nice too. The only problem I have with it is the "cliff" tile at the bottom right. It just looks wrong.

Back