• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Okay i have a problem with a-map and it called bridge!:P
well i set all behavior bytes for the bridge when its over land to 08 and when its over water to 70 and the movement permissions before entering to 0 to get acess to some tiles with 10 and than to 3c and the bridge itself is working perfectly but there is another problem i need to figure out and it's this:
the bbridge actually is accessible from a lower level or...u can walk under it too but when i try to walk in game under the bridge it shows the ow on the bridge not under it how it was supposed to be.
have someone a clue what i have to do?
im still trying to get it myself so if i will find the sulution myself i tell u:P
thnks in advantage and sorry for bad english!:)

Liquid Twilight

Super Geek
Years
Hey, I have a question. I know that you can decompile a script from Fire Red using an application such as XSE to see how it works in game. My question is can you decompile scripts for more deep rooted aspects such as information to save, adding more phrases into the battle system or adding more screens and info to the intro cutscenes. I just wanted to ask if this would be a scripting aspect or whether I would be treading into ASM coding.

I will surely have more questions later but this should do for now. Thanks.

Last edited:

Liquid Twilight

Super Geek
Years
You could use Advance map to select the player sprite and then move it around.

If you wanted to change the map it starts on then you might need to copy the offset of the player sprite, change advance map to display the desired location and then paste the offset over an already existing sprite and change the sprite type to that of the trainer. Someone may need to confirm this because I havn't actually done this before.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Okay i have a problem with a-map and it called bridge!
well i set all behavior bytes for the bridge when its over land to 08 and when its over water to 70 and the movement permissions before entering to 0 to get acess to some tiles with 10 and than to 3c and the bridge itself is working perfectly but there is another problem i need to figure out and it's this:
the bbridge actually is accessible from a lower level or...u can walk under it too but when i try to walk in game under the bridge it shows the ow on the bridge not under it how it was supposed to be.
have someone a clue what i have to do?
im still trying to get it myself so if i will find the sulution myself i tell u
thnks in advantage and sorry for bad english!
reposting the question coz it's gonna be skiped now:)

EDIT: never mind figured it out already:D

Last edited:

Vittorini

Expert Trainer
Years
I'm having a really annoying problem with the warp events in advance map. I set up the warps and make sure they are connected by clicking "goto" and all the numbers are correct and everything. When I go to test them out on my emulator, I go into the warp and then the screen goes black and there is no music for the next area. I have the unknown of both warps set to 03.

Anyone know what causes this and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my rom is FireRed and I'm using the most up to date version of advance map.

Reposting this question because I still can't figure it out. Do you think it might have something to do with completely different tile sets between the warps?

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittorini
I'm having a really annoying problem with the warp events in advance map. I set up the warps and make sure they are connected by clicking "goto" and all the numbers are correct and everything. When I go to test them out on my emulator, I go into the warp and then the screen goes black and there is no music for the next area. I have the unknown of both warps set to 03.

Anyone know what causes this and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

it's a tileset malfunction, if the maps you're connecting are using different SECONDARY tile-sets, it can often cause errors no matter what you do with warps. if you HAVE to use two secondary tile sets, make use one map or the other doesn't use them.

the other error i've ran in to is editing gatehouses, everytime i change one, I'll enter it, and the screen is black.

essentially, don't edit gate houses, and don't mix tilesets from map to map.

hope this helped.

Alright, I've recently been trying to insert a world map, but to no prevail. every time it ends up some thing similar to this:
Pokemon+-+Fire+Red.png

I'm locating it in UNLZ.GBA, editing the image, writing to ROM, re-building in NTME, then writing the RAW to the ROM. then I'm changing the original HEX with the new one. but it's just not working.
This is the map I'm trying to insert:
location+map1.png

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Reposting this question because I still can't figure it out. Do you think it might have something to do with completely different tile sets between the warps?
Right, I have a feeling that Cyndaquil was wrong.

Try resizing the map you are warping to by adding 1 tile to the width and height, save, then edit it back to the old width and height and save, and see if that works.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
In Advance Map, is there a way to use tiles from different places in the game (i.e., use tiles from Pokemon Tower in Cerulean City)? Whenever I change maps, the tile group on the right changes to whatever tiles are in that particular the map. Thx guys.

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
Years
In Advance Map, is there a way to use tiles from different places in the game (i.e., use tiles from Pokemon Tower in Cerulean City)? Whenever I change maps, the tile group on the right changes to whatever tiles are in that particular the map. Thx guys.

Under Header, there's an option to change Tilesets. say you want pokemon tower, go to lavender town and view header, near the bottom (next to where you can change the map size) should be 2 numbers generally the first is 0 and the other number is the tiles for lavender town. copy those numbers to the header on the map you want them for.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Under Header, there's an option to change Tilesets. say you want pokemon tower, go to lavender town and view header, near the bottom (next to where you can change the map size) should be 2 numbers generally the first is 0 and the other number is the tiles for lavender town. copy those numbers to the header on the map you want them for.
If they do this, then they'll lose access to the Cerulean-specific tiles -- wrecking the map. If they just plan on replacing all of the Cerulean tiles with Lavender tiles, though, then that's no problem.

If they need both Cerulean and Lavender tiles, however, then they'll need to splice the two tilesets (and their palettes!) together in AdvanceMap.

Years
I have a really weird issue, I was hacking a route (firered rom base) and I added some trainer battles I had scripted. Now the scripts worked fine, but the issue was in some places after the battle my sprite would be stuck in front of the trainer I had battled. The weird part is I could still move the camera and run into wild pokemon. It was pretty much like I went invisible but could move, while my sprite was frozen in place. I think it might be a tile issue because when i moved these battles to other places on the same map, I wouldn't have the issue. It only occured in certain areas of the map, so I think it had nothing to do with the scripts.

Vittorini

Expert Trainer
Years
it's a tileset malfunction, if the maps you're connecting are using different SECONDARY tile-sets, it can often cause errors no matter what you do with warps. if you HAVE to use two secondary tile sets, make use one map or the other doesn't use them.

the other error i've ran in to is editing gatehouses, everytime i change one, I'll enter it, and the screen is black.

essentially, don't edit gate houses, and don't mix tilesets from map to map.

hope this helped.

Alright, I've recently been trying to insert a world map, but to no prevail. every time it ends up some thing similar to this:
Pokemon+-+Fire+Red.png

I'm locating it in UNLZ.GBA, editing the image, writing to ROM, re-building in NTME, then writing the RAW to the ROM. then I'm changing the original HEX with the new one. but it's just not working.
This is the map I'm trying to insert:
location+map1.png

Ok, I'm gonna try this but first I gotta fix up my map because of the changed tilesets. I'll let you know if it worked.

EDIT: Now I'm really confused. I matched the tile sets exactly (both of them were the same) and the problem is still ocurring. I'm baffled lol thanks for trying though. IDK what else it could be. I'm making the map over a random house in Cerulean city if that is somehow a helpful bit of info.

Right, I have a feeling that Cyndaquil was wrong.

Try resizing the map you are warping to by adding 1 tile to the width and height, save, then edit it back to the old width and height and save, and see if that works.

I just tried this and it did not work unfortunately. Thanks anyways though.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I have a really weird issue, I was hacking a route (firered rom base) and I added some trainer battles I had scripted. Now the scripts worked fine, but the issue was in some places after the battle my sprite would be stuck in front of the trainer I had battled. The weird part is I could still move the camera and run into wild pokemon. It was pretty much like I went invisible but could move, while my sprite was frozen in place. I think it might be a tile issue because when i moved these battles to other places on the same map, I wouldn't have the issue. It only occured in certain areas of the map, so I think it had nothing to do with the scripts.

It sounds like a problem with one of your OWs. Change any OWs in the map which have their movement type set to 'Face Down' to No Movement'.

Years
It sounds like a problem with one of your OWs. Change any OWs in the map which have their movement type set to 'Face Down' to No Movement'.

Thank you sooooo much that worked like a charm. I set up one of the exact scenarios that would give me the issue and when I had set all my 'face down' OW to 'no movement' the issue was gone. Again, thanks a million.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back