• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Ho-oh arabia

Yeah, i started the fire.
Years
i didn't think so. I remeber him saying that in one post. sorry. BTW, if u have permission from Zel, get the advance map application and map inside of the ROM. I did that and I changed wild pokes too. great tool. made my own "legendary tower" where u could catch every legend. every level has its legend.

Prince Vaati

Banana Lover, GH person :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 2, 2013
Will the pokemon in MT.Silver be the same as on GSC, or will you change them around abit to make `em different?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Don't open the spoiler if you don't wanna know what I saw today...

Spoiler:

Anyways, zel, I am too excited to play Beta 5.

Best of luck and always keep it up! ;)

Don't open the spoiler if you don't wanna know what I saw today...

Spoiler:

YOU SAW WHAT?????????? Ooooh, Zel ain't gonna be happy.

spoiler in reply to destinedjagold's spoiler
Spoiler:

EDIT: addition to spoiler above
Spoiler:

EDIT 3: Wow. there's loads. I'm just gonna make a new e-mail address and report them all. It's my duty to society!

Last edited:
Years
I'm guessing you're referring to the RSE pokemon available in the game. Well, since Firered and Leafgreen are technically before RSE, but they can support RSE pokemon, this is like them in that it can support ALL pokemon from RSE, FR/LG and GSC. This is like the ULTIMATE pokemon game!!!

That is not what I ment! I ment that the trick master haden't left his house yet to go on his adventure. So the event wouldn't be in the right order.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Trust me here, I will not neglect Shiny Gold or forget about it with Pokemon Shiny Silver having a thread

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Well, zel your not gonna like this:

Spoiler:

Well, anyways this is looking great, I have 2 questions:

1. Is Mewtwo going to be catchable? Cause I don't remember you saying if it was.

In case zel doesn't want people to know:
Spoiler:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
1. Is Mewtwo going to be catchable? Cause I don't remember you saying if it was.
Yup, all 386 pokemon will be catchable, even legendaries.

Alright, everyone listen!!! Zel is fully aware that Shiny Gold is being sold on eBay and in most smaller countries, it has been going on since beta 2. Hence the "Say no to pirates" slogan. There is nothing that any of us can do about it and no matter how many times you report it to eBay the best thing that can happen is that it will be taken off eBay. It will still be sold on all of those smaller countries. So, there is no reason to keep this conversation going, it's just spamming up the thread.

-end rant

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Yup, all 386 pokemon will be catchable, even legendaries.

Alright, everyone listen!!! Zel is fully aware that Shiny Gold is being sold on eBay and in most smaller countries, it has been going on since beta 2. Hence the "Say no to pirates" slogan. There is nothing that any of us can do about it and no matter how many times you report it to eBay the best thing that can happen is that it will be taken off eBay. It will still be sold on all of those smaller countries. So, there is no reason to keep this conversation going, it's just spamming up the thread.

-end rant

Yeah, your right.

Well thanks for answering my first question.

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
Its a shame that people steal your work but their is a non obvious upside. People consider your work so good, they steal it and make money from it. Its because your work is good enough to make money...that's a stupid thing to say.

I have a few questions. Are you going to increase the levels in the Kanto's Gym Leaders Pokemon?
Are you going to do anything with the museum? It was closed in Gold but you could always have an event there...it'd be a good way to make the other fossil pokemon avaliable I suppose...

Sorry if these have been answered.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
Well, zel your not gonna like this:

Spoiler:

In case zel doesn't want people to know:
Spoiler:

There are lots of Shiny Gold Pirates. We say no to all pirates. So, just ignore them. You won't stop the China.

About 386 Pokemon - I'm not really a big fan of this. Do you guys REALLY play a Gold Remake to catch lots of Pokemon? I think that kills the enjoyment of the hack, you focus on Pokemon instead of enjoying the hack. Original games are for catching. The only hacks where catching actually makes sense are hacks with Fakemon. Only!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
There are lots of Shiny Gold Pirates. We say no to all pirates. So, just ignore them. You won't stop the China.

About 386 Pokemon - I'm not really a big fan of this. Do you guys REALLY play a Gold Remake to catch lots of Pokemon? I think that kills the enjoyment of the hack, you focus on Pokemon instead of enjoying the hack. Original games are for catching. The only hacks where catching actually makes sense are hacks with Fakemon. Only!

100% agree, but think it this way: it's also a challenge for the hacker to hide all the pokémon in a relatively small space.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
yeah I think zel's done a great job of putting a lot of 3rd gens in without making it overcrowded. keeps the original feel of the game with some added fun. it'll be interesting to see how he fits all the legendaries in

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2008
Awesome!!!!!!! I know everybody knows that but i'm a newb at pokemon hacking and I got all giddy playing this. That sounded wrong:embarrass

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
No he doesn't, when he is done he makes a second game and boosts the levels with pet

Yes, that's what I do, though those are some boring long nights of PET-editing X_X

Zel, about trainer sprites such as the Gym Leaders', did you make them, somebody else make them, rip them from the game, basically, how did you get them.

So far, I still have some made by me. Some (a good number) made by Enrico Marini. And I think Jasmine's from Kike-Scott, if I remember correctly.

Will the pokemon in MT.Silver be the same as on GSC, or will you change them around abit to make `em different?

The normal GSC Pokemon will remain as in the original. With obviously the added two Hoenn Pokemon as everywhere else.

The first was answered, and for the second, Marnic has the priority there, sorry. I still haven't inserted any new graphics, though.

I have a few questions. Are you going to increase the levels in the Kanto's Gym Leaders Pokemon?
Are you going to do anything with the museum? It was closed in Gold but you could always have an event there...it'd be a good way to make the other fossil pokemon avaliable I suppose...

Sorry if these have been answered.

In the Normal SG: No. In the X Version: Yes.

About the museum, it's also a good opportunity to let J&J do their evil stuff with the fossils, as you said, so it'll be open, maybe with a chance to resurrect the fossils there? (since Cinnabar's destroyed, the resurrection machine or whatever must be located somewhere)

I know that the post from before got delete, which is okay, But i never got a answer about is carlos gonna get you team Zel?

Yes, I'm gonna be trying this new team on both versions (though it'll be my final team, which means I'm gonna keep having different Pokes depending the version till I start building my final team slowly on both games) Obviously, Kingdra's still there... <3

There were also two discussions that I cannot quote, but I'll drop a few lines anyway...

The Pirates Thing: You all know what I think about them, basically the same that all of you. You also know what to do about it "Don't buy them and tell your friends, and they to theirs and so on to NEVER buy anything that's not from Nintendo" (meh, hate when I sound like a Nintendo staffer... -_-)

The Gotta Catch'em All Thing: The chance to finally get all of them (just for collecting reasons) is one of the things I always wanted to have in a Pokemon game made by Nintendo, but since they never do things the easy way, someone has to do it (yay, now I didn't sound like a Nintendo staffer... XD), besides finding the Hoenn Pokemon is something just for the people dedicated into it, you'd probably play the game normally and find only about a 30% of the Hoenn Pokemon around, so it really doesn't affect gameplay.
Just a matter of opinions, really. But it's my hack, so my opinion is supreme on this aspect :P

Well, gotta post more screenshots before keep checking the threads, let's see... It's Celadon time!

image027ts6.png
image028pw7.png
image029fa6.png
image030jg7.png

News? I'm gonna try Baro's guide to Level Scripts to see if my idea 'bout the Legendary <something> trio would turn out more easy than I thought. And I'm gonna be repracticing some music inserting as well.

Back