• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
You don't.

It's already been answered, as you would see if you did a bit of reading.

Oh, thank you for pointing that out Maruno. I apologize for wasting your time.

@nmorr: in a script, a line like this should display the number of pokemon owned:
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1}",$Trainer.pokedexOwned))
while this will show how many you've seen:
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1}",$Trainer.pokedexSeen))
You can probably mix the two if you want it to show in the same message, like this:
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1}/{2}",$Trainer.pokedexOwned,$Trainer.pokedexSeen))
Checking them just requires checking those methods ($Trainer.pokedexOwned, and $Trainer.pokedexSeen)

To silently add a pokemon as being seen, use this in a script (not in an event):
@seen[200]=true
Just change the 200 to the ID number of the pokemon.

Thank you very much. I'm really happy now.:D

cesa

Teh Game Developah
Years
Select and edit the "object" and in the left down corner select "Stop Animation"

This will prevent it to face at you.

EDIT:

Could someone help me? :| I talk with the MartKeeper and select "Buy" and this happens:

1zeyu5i.jpg

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Could someone help me? :| I talk with the MartKeeper and select "Buy" and this happens:

1zeyu5i.jpg
There's a comma after "POTION". That comma implies there should be another item in the list after Potion, but it can't find one so it throws a wobbly. Delete that comma.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
How can I make it, when I talk to an object that the object dont turn at me?

My english^^
That's actually explained in one of the default events in the starter kit. Stop Animation makes the character animate in place, you want direction fix, which does as the name implies. Also, that's a general RMXP question, please be careful where you put those.

tasmania12

Mewtwo Master
Years
I have another problem. I made side stair events for a 3 story building in my game, and they work perfectly, but when i test them, the stairs leading to the 3rd story give me this error:

Spoiler:

And also, for multiple region games what do you use to change the region map?

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
I have another problem. I made side stair events for a 3 story building in my game, and they work perfectly, but when i test them, the stairs leading to the 3rd story give me this error:

Spoiler:

And also, for multiple region games what do you use to change the region map?
That error has been posted in here a number of times already. Learn to read.

The solution, by the way, is to use an older version of Essentials.

As for region maps, the region shown when using the Town Map item (or PokéGear card or Pokédex page) is whichever one you're currently standing in. Stand in Pallet Town, the map will show Kanto. Stand in Route 42, the map will show Johto. There are plenty of problems associated with this (such as all the Pokémon nest locations showing even if half of them are for a different region), but it's a start.

Zephyra

I lurk
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2012
How would I go about having alternate movesets for different forms? Would I have to create a new entry in PBS/pokemon.txt for each form, or is there some way to add it in the PokemonMultipleForms script? I wanted to do this because apparently the script has Wormadam implemented, however in the games, each of Wormadam's forms learns different moves at certain levels. If I do have to create a new entry in PBS/pokemon.txt, would it be safe having two entries with the same dex number?

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2010
Hello,
does anyone know how to add new color schemes for Pokemon? Like, instead of shiny Pokemon, I could add another color scheme called ghostly, which makes Pokemon look a little transparent.

Maruno

Years
How would I go about having alternate movesets for different forms? Would I have to create a new entry in PBS/pokemon.txt for each form, or is there some way to add it in the PokemonMultipleForms script? I wanted to do this because apparently the script has Wormadam implemented, however in the games, each of Wormadam's forms learns different moves at certain levels. If I do have to create a new entry in PBS/pokemon.txt, would it be safe having two entries with the same dex number?
As far as I'm aware, form-specific movesets haven't been implemented yet. The nearest we've got is Rotom, but that's only automatically learning a move when the form changes, not an actual separate moveset.

The alternate movesets would need to be defined in the scripts, though, not in a PBS file (well, technically you could make a new PBS file for it, but it'd be even more work). Then you'd need to find and edit the scripts that concern levelling up (see both PokeBattle_Battle def pbGainEXP and PokemonDefaultItems def pbChangeLevel) to check the species and form and find the appropriate moveset.

It's complicated, quite frankly. If you can't figure out what to do from what I've mentioned, simply don't try. In fact, I'm not quite sure even I know how to do it.

Hello,
does anyone know how to add new color schemes for Pokemon? Like, instead of shiny Pokemon, I could add another color scheme called ghostly, which makes Pokemon look a little transparent.
Since you'd be wanting something that works more like shininess than alternate forms, I'd suggest you copy the way shiny Pokémon are handled but call it "ghostly" instead. There are several parts to it (the sections PokeBattle_Pokemon and PokemonUtilities have at least the important parts), though, so it'd be quite tricky to pull off - not least of all because shininess depends on the Pokémon's ID number, so you'd need to come up with a new equation for ghostliness (that doesn't clash with shininess - although just changing the limits of "<8" to "9-15" would work just as well, actually).

Again, this would involve significant script editing. Don't try it if you don't know what you're on about.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
i get this error when i walk into tall grass. How do i fix this error?

---------------------------
Pokemon Trainers Destiny
Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_Battle:523:in `pbSetSeen'
PokeBattle_Battle:638:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:549:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:753:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:752:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:754:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:751:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonField:751:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:1069:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'
PokemonField:1092:in `pbOnStepTaken'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
I read everything after my earlier post and it was never answered, so I figure I should post it again, especially since I've figured out the conditions of the error more accurately:

I get this error every time I walk into grass:

PokemonLunarVoid
Exception: NoMethodError

RPG__Sprite:112:in `effect?'

RPG__Sprite:397:in `effect?'

RPG__Sprite:396:in `each'

RPG__Sprite:396:in `effect?'

AnimationSprite:27:in `update'

AnimationSprite:81:in `update'

AnimationSprite:80:in `each'

AnimationSprite:80:in `update'

Scene_Map:47:in `updateSpritesets'

Scene_Map:41:in `each'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

I can't seem to figure out what about the grass is causing the error.

cesa

Teh Game Developah
Years
I get an error -.-

Script 'PokeBattle_Trainer' line 91: NameError Occurred.

uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Trainer::PBSpecies

Please help.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2010
I apologize if this has been solved, but I have yet to find an answer. The day/night shading is very messed up for me. It's currently 1:00 PM, and the game seems to think it's nighttime.

I'm aware the script pulls latitude/longitude data as well as time of day, but that all seems like way too much, and it's pretty buggy in my case. Is there a way to change the PBDayNight script to just use system time? I'm not much of a coder at all, I just know where the coding it, and I can read it; I'm just not comfortable editing it. Thanks!

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I apologise if this has already been asked and answered, or if it is a pointless question, as I am new to Pokemon Essentials.

Is there any way of making tiles 16x16 instead of 32x32? If so, how would I go about this?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back