• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wonder what else Cheren will have. A lillipup? Maybe the last leader?! I just don't see him as an early leader lool despite having Patrat omg how did he take over Lenora soo many questions.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
If he's the first Gym Leader, I do not like where this is going. Homika only has two Pokémon, and then Shizui has three. One, two, three? That's not bland at all!

Plus if Cheren's only Pokémon is a Patrat...there's just no way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Patrat can be for show HE COULD BE DEMONSTRATING how to catch Pokemon while really have a Stoutland and Bouffalant and not wanna show his gym leader skillzzzz.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
An Oshawott is shown battling the Patrat, and assuming that is the protagonist, yeah I don't see how that would be demonstrating -- especially since he would be on the other side of the battlefield.

Cheren, oh you disappoint. :[ He should've been at least the 4th or 5th Gym Leader.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay okay you people win with my lack of vision but wow first that doesnt really fulfill his aspirations at all does it.. :(

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
True. :c
Although it almost, ALMOST, looks as though his gym is actually in the beginning city. Not sure if that's it, or he just is very weak. Either way, he looks adorable in this game. <3
Hopefully just his Patrat is weak. I find it cute that he has one, though. But hey, Gym Leaders are the best at what they know, and are supposedly tough, so maybe he just knows SO MUCH about the type and Pokemon, they made him a Gym Leader?

From what I'm looking it, it seems that the player's Oshawott shown battling him is at level 11, so I'm thinking he may actually be before Homika. o3o
He seems to be as a teachers role, and there is a training school in the first town so it would only seem natural that he be the Leader there if both are the case. Although I am extremely disappointed in his turn out, they could have done a lot more with him then that.

Haha Serebii edited. Well that's good at least, they look nothing alike. I wonder who Homika's father is though?

So if Homika, Shizui, Cheren, and Brycen are four of our Gym Leaders thus far, I wonder who else they will include. To be honest up to this point, I don't think we'll receive any new Gym Leaders or typings, unless some of them decide to take on their gyms to different routes with different types of Pokémon and all.
Do we have confirmation Brcyen still retains his position as a Gym Leader? For all we know he went from Leader to someone who operates these PokeWood or whatever they are called events. Kind of like how Caitlin went from Frontier Brain(although Darach fighting on here behalf) and then an Elite Four member.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Wow Cheren is disappointing...he's the opposite of what Blue was in GS...is this Gf trolling us again? Maybe we battle Cheren for practice and then we come back and battle him for real...wow I sound like Forever...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Wow Cheren is disappointing...he's the opposite of what Blue was in GS...is this Gf trolling us again? Maybe we battle Cheren for practice and then we come back and battle him for real...wow I sound like Forever...

loool

Well with Brycen mentioned down below, he'd be leading the sixth gym yeah? Actually we may even skip Nimbasa/Castelia as gyms... HMMM since Nimbasa's ferris wheel area is expanded.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Maybe Cheren has learned that being a camp isn't just about being strong, and their making a point about that by making him an early gym, using a week Pokémon, as apposed to his more powerful team? I don't know, could explain it I guess.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But if that happened where would he put all his old Pokemon? Maybe there might be another gym later on that has Cheren's Pokemon, while he uses theirs so he... gets skilled in using other people's Pokemon? XD; Dunnooo.

Years
My bet is Cheren is the first Gym Leader, he gives out the Basic Badge.

I don't get why he's using Normal-types, his name means "black".

I saw this evidence through a CoroCoro scam shown on Serebii.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It shows his badge as the first one in the new case so Cheren is definatly first. As for why he took over...Maybe Lenora got Pregnant and couldn't keep the gym running.

Just took a look at the screen shot with the badge case again. The Second Badge silhouette SCREAMS Homika. So looks like she's Second and we may still follow the 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 pattern unless they show more Gyms.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The scans shows the Basic Badge being first so I'm assuming Cheren's first. Though that slightly contradict's his motto of being strong. Maybe he had an odd revelation or something. GameFreak keeps throwing in curve balls with tons of surprises who I don't know what's gonna happen.

blue

gucci
Years
"Cheren is now a Normal-type Gym Leader, replacing Lenora and giving out the Basic Badge. He is the first Gym Leader while Homika, the Poison-type Gym Leader with the guitar, is the second. (Some of this info comes from the 6th scan.)"

So I'll assume he'll have a Patrat & Lillipup or something like that although as other people have said it would be more fitting for him to have a full team of Normal types.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
My bet is Cheren is the first Gym Leader, he gives out the Basic Badge.

I don't get why he's using Normal-types, his name means "black".

I saw this evidence through a CoroCoro scam shown on Serebii.

So you think he should've been dark...? Well, maybe he's just the gym leader for normal in Black 2, while there's another one in White 2?

Years
Do we have confirmation Brcyen still retains his position as a Gym Leader? For all we know he went from Leader to someone who operates these PokeWood or whatever they are called events. Kind of like how Caitlin went from Frontier Brain(although Darach fighting on here behalf) and then an Elite Four member.
Yeah, I don't think he's a gym leader this time around. The scan says he was a gym leader in BW. All the others say they are gym leaders. It looks from the scan like he's gone into movie making.

blue

gucci
Years
If Brycen isn't a gym leader then it's either two things, one there's a couple of more new undiscovered Gym leaders or two Shikima (Water leader) takes his place. Yes he has 3 Pokémon but so did Brycen at that point in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back