• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 3] NOW COMPLETE - Knost's Custom Hardlocke - RUBY

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
KNOST'S CUSTOM HARDLOCKE - RUBY

HI ALL!!!
Welcome to what I can now say is the Third installment of our Journey!!!
NOW, if you haven't read my FIRST Challenge Log
PLEASE STOP READING NOW
and check it out!!!
Don't read out of order!!

CLICK LINK HERE!!!

OK! That's out of the way. If you have read my first and second Challenge Logs then you know what to expect! I can't use ANY healing items ever!! I can ONLY use the Pokeballs I find or I'm given and cannot purchase any more! The latter being made especially difficult because to WIN this Challenge I not only have to beat the game, but I also have to catch all of the Legendaries!!!

Just like the first two times I'm going to be open about my thoughts and strategies as we go along as I feel that's ultimately why I'm playing this way, with these rules. For the Challenge of it all.

All of that said, TLDR...
I'm playing...
maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome to my Challenge Log!
I hope you enjoy!

All the rules are listed below. Every rule that differs from the standard Nuzlocke has been highlighted in Ruby Red.

RULES
1. Any Pok?mon that faints is considered dead, and must be boxed.
2. I cannot use any healing items..
3. I cannot buy Pokeballs (I can only use what I find)
4. I must nickname all of my Pokemon.
5. A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pok?mon left in the PC.
6. Battle type is SET.
7. I can catch whatever I want.
8. At the end of the game I must catch all of of the legendaries to win..
9. No Duplicate Captures.
10. I can use HM slaves for moving around, but if I use one in battle it is an automatic game over.
11. None of the Pok?mon in my party should ever be a higher than the Ace Pok?mon of the next gym before and when I ENTER said gym. If a Pok?mon is in violation of this rule it will not listen to me until the gym is defeated..
12. The number of Pok?mon I can have in my party and boxes combined (including the death box) at any time is determined by the number of Gym Badges I have obtained plus two. (For example I can only have three Pok?mon in my party once I have obtained my first Gym badge)

I will be playing Pokemon Omega Ruby Version on a Nintendo 3DS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
How, the crap, did I end up in the back of the moving van? I mean, sure, I ate the Mega Grande Burrito right before we left when I had been advised against it, and yeah, I'm not arguing that I'm not having difficulties dealing with the consequences of that choice right now, but does a little flatulence really drop me in status from beloved son to no better than a spare bedroom lamp that quickly? I think not. This punishment is definitely a little cruel...but oh well, at least I have my Phone.

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

"Finally, he calls back...took long enough." I say aloud, the bumps on the road making it difficult to hold onto my Phone as I pull it out of my pocket and click 'answer'.

"Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting...."

THE START

-I talk to Birch who asks me some really odd questions. What's my name? Bro. You called me. Get it together.

-I make it home and jump out of the back of the Moving Van. Wow, it's pretty here.

-I think my mom forgot that I drove here with her. :/

-These Machoke are amazing at moving things. They even unpacked for me.

-I live next door to a girl! SCORE!!

-I walk down the stairs after my new neighbor leaves alone in her room. When I make it outside I hear heavy panting and a panicked scream come from the woods. I rush over to see what's going on and find...is that the Professor being chased by a small Dog Pok?mon? This is the guy that's going to help me become a Pok?mon Master? Thank Arceus, I've always been a self starter.

-He tells me to choose a Pok?mon and save him from the frightening baby Pok?mon. I choose....

BUBBLES the MUDKIP!!!
258.png

I'm told he cries at night longing for a mother he's never known having been saved from a breeder by Professor Birch while he was still an egg. He loves to be held and thinks it's hilarious when I pop the bubbles he creates with my finger. He hates walking in grass.
NATURE: Lonely
ABILITY: Torrent
Male
LEVEL: 5
HP: 20
ATK: 13
DEF: 9
SP ATK: 10
SP DEF: 10
SPD: 9

Next: A New Adventure

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
I head home and take a nap after training Bubbles to Level 7. When I wake up I feel a tear roll down my cheek.

This is the 2nd time in as many days that I've woken up crying...Mom said that moving to a new area, just having some different scenery, might help, but I just can't shake this feeling. It's like...I don't belong here.

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-The Level Cap is 12 for the first Gym so I definitely need another team member to soak up Exp.

-I don't think there are a ton of overly useful Pok?mon around so I'll probably just wait a bit to see what I encounter before making my decision.

-So here's some logic. I'm going to battle my Neighbor who has the type advantage Pok?mon against my starter. At Level 5 I started with a stab move which mean my Neighbors Pok?mon will as well. I'm 4x weak to Grass. What does all of that equal? The shortest Pok?mon Journey in history.

-I'm leveling up to 10 to counter the disadvantage. Is that a mistake because of the Level Cap? Probably yes lol but I'm not losing this early.

MAY

-Yeah...We won...easily.

-I didn't need to level up that much. I regret that decision so hard right now...

LITTLEROOT

-Professor Birch gave me a Pokedex and May gave me Pokeballs!!! I need to be smart with these.

LONELY BUBBLES

-Bubbles needs a friend and I need a Pok?mon to keep us within the rules.

-I've heard Ralts are extremely rare in this area, but...it's by far the best choice for us starting out.

-After searching for far too long we caught...

BELL the RALTS!!!
250px-280Ralts.png

Despite my extra effort to include her in activities she prefers to keep to herself and practice her 'attacks' often targeting Bubble from a distance much to his dismay.
NATURE: Quirky
ABILITY: Synchronize
Female
HP: 15
ATK: 6
DEF: 6
SP ATK: 7
SP DEF: 7
SPD: 7

-This things only "Attack" is Growl....crap.

Next: BELL needs help

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
THE TEAM COMES TOGETHER

-Bell grew to Level 4 and learned Confusion! Yay being useful!

-Trained Bell to level 7 as we made our way to my Dads gym in Petalburg.

-I was having a nice bonding moment with my Dad when done sickly looking kid just barged in and asked for a Pok?mon. Dad asks me to help him so...I guess that's what I'm doing now lol

-It took me at least 15 minutes to find my own Ralts and this kid, Wally, just stumbles upon one as his first encounter? Ugh.

-The sick kid updated my Pokegear....now I feel bad.

-My Dad just called me a "green horn trainer"...that's fair.

-Got caught by a Wingull I couldn't escape from. Took Bell's health down to 1 hp. That was terrifying.

-After catching 3 of these things and wasting 5 Pokeballs (which was dumb of me) I caught my next Team Member!!

Introducing MARSALA the SHROOMISH!!! |:<
250px-285Shroomish.png

Her face says it all. No matter what I do Marsala is not impressed...unless I buy her pink Pokepuffs. Not orange or green or brown. No those are all unimpressive |:< Only the Pink Pokepuffs are good enough for Queen Marsala.
NATURE: Adamant
ABILITY: Poison Heal
Female
LEVEL: 5
HP: 22
ATK: 11
DEF: 11
SP ATK: 8
SP DEF: 12
SPD: 9

-Leveled Marsala to 8 and she learned Leech Seed!! That's going to be insanely helpful!!

-Found a researcher in the forest and was about to have a nice conversation about my Pok?mon with him when we were AMBUSHED BY A RED PANDA!!!!!...oh never mind. It's just a guy in a weird Bear hoodie. Says he's part of something called Team Magma. What does a Panda have to do with Magma?

-Marsala took down the most annoying Puppy in the world. And down goes the Magma Panda!!

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-The scientist gave me an Exp Share that I will keep off for now as Bubbles is already at the Level Cap for the next gym. :(

-I WROTE IT DOWN! Right up there! I said I'd turn off the EXP share and I didn't. Now Bubbles is Level 13 and ineligible...this next Gym would've been a breeze with him in the lead.

-I guess I'm going to deal with a hoodlums in hoodies infestation after the gym. Blarg.

Next: RUSTBORO CITY GYM

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
RUSTBORO CITY GYM

-Due to my mistake we have to lean on Marsala for this Gym. I don't like that it's nature goes against the move we need most though. That scares me.

-Marsala swept the entire Gym, including its Leader Roxanne. The only worry I have now is that the next Level Cap is 16 and Marsala is already Level 15
|:<

WE BEAT THE GYM!!!!!!
WE ARE AWARDED THE STONE BADGE!!!!

THIEVING MAGMA PANDA

-As I leave the gym, head held high after my victory, I see the Team Magma grunt run by followed by the scientist I had help earlier. The scientist stops as he passes me and asks me to run after the thief to retrieve something called "Devon Parts". I guess I'll call this a victory lap.

-And this thieving grunt stole a Pok?mon! Not cool.

-I think the Magma Panda just googled Wingull and realized it was a terrible Pok?mon lol The Grunts Poochyna bites Bell and takes her down to 8 Hp. Luckily Disarming Voice doesn't miss and we out speed. Bell survives, the Grunt goes down and we get back the Parts...oh and Wingull. We save Wingull too. :)

-The Wingulls owner says he owes me a favor and he owns a boat. Nice.

-Gave back the Devon Parts and the scientist gave me a Greatball. Very, very cool.

-Got a letter to give to the Wingull guy.

-May meets me and mentions the Wingull guy, who's name is Mr Burney apparently. Everyone really wants me to go see him which seems fishy. I'm going to go somewhere else.

-Well, I literally cannot progress unless I go where everyone is telling me to go. Guess I have no choice, but I feel like I'm being...herded or something....Nah, thats impossible. Man I have a headache.

-We meet the Wingull guy and get on the boat. Off to Dewford!

Next: Ready? FIGHT!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
DEWFORD

-Went into a cave and a hiker gave me Flash!! Love this move!!

-Almost lost Bell to a Geodude with Rollout. Scary.

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-So...I wasted all of my regular Pokeballs. :/ I know, I know. I have to catch all the Legendaries and I need Pokeballs to do that. And I know that I cannot buy any Pokeballs as per the rules. But, with all of that said, I don't think regular Pokeballs are going to catch anything useful for us later on. So while I'm a low enough level to hunt useful members for our Journey I'm going to do so. There are two parts to this journey.
One: Beat the main game.
Two: Catch all the Legendaries.
Hopefully, I made the right choice and the team we have right now can make it all the way through. If that happens it's takes care of One and Two. We can't lose anyone, because we can't replace anyone. Fingers crossed.

That said, I DIDN'T WASTE THEM FOR NOTHING!!! :)

Introducing DEASHI the MAKUHITA!!!!
250px-296Makuhita.png

Deashi and Bubbles form a quick friendship bonding over their love for popping bubbles, their hatred of mayo and their shared interest in professional wrestling.
NATURE: Quirky
ABILITY: Thick Fat
Male
HP: 33
ATK: 16
DEF: 10
SP ATK: 10
SP DEF: 12
SPD: 10

Next: Team Update and DEWFORD GYM

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
BULK UP AT THE DEWFORD CITY GYM

-We enter the gym with everyone under the Level Cap of 16. Bell is Lvl 15, Marsala Lvl 15, Bubbles lvl 15, and Deashi Level 11.

-Bell and Bubbles clean house on the way up to Gym Leader Brawly. Unfortunately, they only gain one Level each so the last battle will be on uneasy, even footing.

GYM LEADER BRAWLY

-Brawly leads with Machop so I send out Bell. Bell's frail defenses scare me a bit in this gym, but she takes minimal damage from a Karate Chop and uses two Confusions to KO the Machop quickly.
Brawly withdraws his Machop with a hearty laugh and then sends out a Makuhita.
-Having faced a few of these, trying to catch my own, I know that it's a bit too bulky for Bell to take One on One, so I call Bell back and send out Marsala as Brawly's Malkuhita uses Bulk up. Marsala uses stun spore. Malkuhita uses Sand Attack. Marsala uses Leech seed. Makuhita uses two more Sand attacks as Marsala uses Mega Drain to widdle it down to 25% health. And then things get scary. Brawly uses a Super Potion. Marsala uses Mega drain bringing Makuhita down to 45%. Makuhita uses Bulk up now at +2 Attack. Crit Mega Drain. Bulk up +3 Attack. Mega Drain MISSES. MAKUHITA MISSES KNOCK OFF! Marsala's Mega Drain hits....AND KOs!!!

YES!! We win!!!
That was terrifying!!!
WE RECEIVE THE KNUCKLE BADGE!!!

BUBBLES evolves into MARSHTOMP!!
250px-259Marshtomp.png

I love Bubbles, I do, but his 'teen years' are hilariously awkward. He keeps tripping over his own feet, spacing out with a blank expression in battle, and I swear I heard his voice crack during battle (which he vehemently denies...but it totally happened lolol).
NATURE: QUIRKY
ABILITY: TORRENT
LEVEL: 16
Male
HP: 51
ATK: 36
DEF: 28
SP ATK: 26
SP DEF: 29
SPD: 23

GRANITE CAVE and PUSHY LOCALS

-Went to Granite cave and gave Steven the Letter. He rewarded us with the TM for Steel Wing.

-Steven blabs about some ancient art and then leaves me in the cave alone.

-I meet Mr. Burney at the port and he tells me where to go again. I know I just moved here, but the people that live here are so freaking pushy. That said, I'm pretty sure I can get to the next Gym from Slateport, so I'll take the free ride. Off to Slateport!!!

Next: I DO NOT WANT TO DRESS UP.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
"I'LL END YOU FOR GOOD THIS TIME!!!" "HahAHAHaHaHA" "It was you! You've been sending this MONSTER to haunt me?!" "You...have become truly powerful Knost." "Okay Red. Let's go...." "Let's go, son..."

"SON!" I wake up in a panic to see Mr. Burney standing over me, looking concerned. "Let's go Son. You ok?"

"Yeah." I say sitting up and wiping my face, catching a tear as it falls down my cheek. "Yeah, I'm fine. We're here?"

"What was all that about?" He says with a serious look. "Your nightmare I mean."

"I-I don't remember. It was nothing." I lie. He would think I'm crazy. But of course I remember. The nightmare's always the same. It's repetitive phrases come back again and again, like echos in my head. They'll fade in time as they do everyday, but for now I push past it. "Where's the Gym?"

"Oh, the Gym is in Mauville." He says helping me to my feet. "But while you're here I guess your off to find Captain Stern to deliver those Devon Parts."

"Yeah." Might as well just go with it.

SLATEPORT

-We clear out all of the trainers from the beach and a restaurant.

-I deliver the Parts to Captain Stern and defend him from the Magma Pandas.

-A bobble headed looking man, who claims he is the leader of the Magma Pandas, threatens me.

-I try to head north, but a pack of Magma Pandas (Panda? Pandi?) block the path and they won't acknowledge me. They just keep repeating the same phrases over and over again like robots.

DRESS UP |:<

-I head back to Slateport looking to waste some time until the route is cleared when I see a group gather around a woman and her Dragon.

-I should've stayed away, now she pulled me into a costume contest? No. I'm good.

-Just like everything else in this region, I don't have a choice and she dresses me up. She says I can keep the outfit. Nice. Garbage Canned lol

-Hey! The route cleared up. Let's go to Mauville!!

MAY

-May stops me on my way to Mauville and demands a match. I hope my team is ready.

-Bubbles leads vs May's Slugma and gets the quick KO with two super effective Mud Bombs.
-May switches in Grovyle so I call back Bubbles, but not before Grovyle uses Pursuit! I was going to send in Bell, but after seeing the Pursuit, I decide against it and send in Deashi. Deadhi uses a Fake out and takes 10% health from the Grovyle with a flinch. Grovyle out speeds and uses Mega Drain on Deashi taking Deshi down a little less than half max HP. I contemplate swapping Deashi out, but realize I don't have ANY switch ins for Grovyle. Deashi puts up a good fight getting Grovyle down to half Hp, but...ultimately dies to Mega Drain.
-I send Bell out knowing this could be her final battle as well. Grovyle uses Pursuit. Bell uses Confusion. Grovyle uses Pursuit as bell drops to 8 hp. Bell uses Confusion...IT'S A CRIT!!! GROVYLE GOES DOWN!!!
-May then sends out Wallimer and I switch to Marsala. Marsala has no issue at all setting up Leech Seed and Mega Draining to victory.

I walk over, pick up Deashi and push the button on his Ball to have him return to me one last time.

Spoiler:

May leaves me as I continue to Mauville, Deashi's death looming over me.

Next: Moving on in Mauville

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-I need a fire type. Deashi died because I couldn't counter Grovyle and May will want to battle again.

-I'd like to grab another Fighting type. I miss Deashi...we'll see what we find.

-Still need to be conservative with Pokeballs. May gave me a Dowsing Machine so maybe I'll head back and try to find some with that.

MAUVILLE

-Pretty cool to find a mall here.

-Wally asks to battle. I'm not really in the mood, but the kids sick so I give in.

-Bell takes down Wally's Ralt. Wally starts asking weird. His uncle gives me Rock Smash for putting up with him. Lol

BELL evolved into KIRLIA!!
250px-281Kirlia.png

Finally in her second form, Bell seems to be breaking out of her shell. She loves to play with Bubbles dancing around him as he shows off his various wrestling moves. Marsala thinks she's a bit of a princess and Bell thinks Marsala is overly grumpy at times, but they get along regardless...until they don't lol
NATURE: QUIRKY
ABILITY: SYNCHRONIZE
Female
HP: 50
ATK: 21
DEF: 20
SP ATK: 32
SP DEF: 28
SPD: 30

MAUVILLE CITY GYM

-Marsala accidentally Levels to 22 before this Gym so its ineligible as the Level Cap is 21.

-Bell hits level 21 and Bubbles stays eligible at 21 as well. Here we go!

-Bell is doing so well in this gym. I thought I might just use Bubbles to sweep, but Bell is showing her worth so far. Thank Arceus she evolved.

-I can't explain how cool it is to see Bell really blossom in battle like this. Our journey has been a really, really rough one so far and this is making it much better.

GYM LEADER WATTSON

-I lead with Bell and Wattson leads with Magnimite. I don't like the matchup so I swap in Bubbles who is unaffected by a Thunder Wave. Bubbles uses Mud Shot activating Magnimites Sturdy ability taking it down to 1 Hp. Wattson uses a Super Potion maxing Magnimite's health once again, but Bubbles uses two Mud Shots and KOs the Magnimite.
-Wattson, trying to turn the tide, switches in his Ace, Magneton, who out speeds Bubbles, but misses a Supersonic. Bubbles misses a Mud Shot. Magneton uses Magnet Bomb and hits. Bubbles KOs with a Crit Mud Shot!!!
-Wattson then sends out his final Pokémon, Voltorb. I think hard about rewarding Bell for her amazing run earlier in the Gym, but decide to play it safe and keep in Bubbles who KOs the Voltorb, without issue, with Mud Shot.

WE WIN!!!
Wattson gets grounded!!!
WE RECEIVE THE
DYNAMO BADGE!!!!!

Team Update:
Spoiler:
Next: I'm coming home....to collect items.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-I only have one greatball and I have some massive holes in our team synergy. In going to go back home and use the dowsing machine to grab some more Pokeballs.

-Made it home and back again. Got x1 Luxury Ball, x4 Pokeballs, and x4 Greatballs. Well worth it.

-Of we run into a Fire type and/or a fighting type we might have to pick it/them up.

ROUTE 111

-I mistakenly take on a family of Pokémon Trainers. During the third Battle. Marsala almost goes down to a Roselea surviving on 8 Hp before KOing it back.

MARSALA evolved into BRELOOM!!
250px-286Breloom.png

Now in her final form, Marsala finally seems comfortable in her own skin for the first time. This has done wonders to Her's and Bell's relationship as they would now be described as inseparable.
NATURE: ADAMANT
ABILITY: POISON HEAL
Female
LEVEL: 23
HP: 66
ATK: 78
DEF: 42
SP ATK: 29
SP DEF: 37
SPD: 40

-Luckily, the next family member leads with a water type so Marsala Mega Drains some health back.
-Wow. We survived that families murderous onslaught with Bell at 4 HP and Paralyzed, Marsala on 4 HP, and Bubbles on 28 HP and Burned. Screw those people man.

-Bell learned Draining Kiss! She's getting to be really powerful.

-On the trail to Mount Chimney Marsala gets poisoned....WHICH IS AWESOME!! I'll try to keep her poisoned lol.

-May healed us without asking...no more Poison Healing for us lol oh well.

-Met the scariest Gyarados ever right outside of Mount Chimney. It used Dragon Rage which took Bubbles from 78 HP to 38 HP. Luckily it used Bite after that and Bubbles was able to KO with 3 Rock Tombs and two clutch speed drops.

-May has me follow her deep into a Mountain to track down some Magma Pandas. So annoying |:<

-Ugh a double battle with a Grunt and an Admin. Double battles are terrifying.

-After we take down the Magma Pandas a team of Emo Pirates show up to make fun of them. And then the Emo Pirates threaten me...what the crap man.

-Back in Mauville. I'll head east to try and find the next Gym. Nope they won't let me swim across. They said I need Surf. Guess I need to take down the Magma Pandas at Mount Chimney first.

MOUNT CHIMNEY

-This admin has a temper. Time for a battle. Let's go!
First turn....Koffing kills Marsala with a crit Sludge. #*!*....I swap in Bubbles who Flinch KOs the Koffing with Rock Slide.
-Bubbles KOs Numel with Rock Slide.
Spoiler:
-Maxie next. I should probably run to heal, but as I scoop up Marsala's now lifeless body a different emotion takes over me. I'm mad. This whole journey I've felt bad for myself. I hate this region, this regions inhabitants are pushy, I can't sleep...blah, blah, blah. Right now none of that matters. I want revenge.

BRING ON MAXIE!!!

-Maxie leads with Mightyna so I send out Bubbles. Bubbles draws the first blood with a Mud Bomb that takes 40% HP from the Mightyna. Mightyna uses Roar and drags out Bell. Bell steps up and uses a CRIT Draining Kiss to KO the Mightyna.
-Maxie send out Campert and I swap back in Bubbles. Campers uses Amnesia so I abandon my original plan and instruct Bubbles to use Rock Slide. Two more Rock Slides and the Campert goes down.
-Last up for Maxie is Crobat. One thing our team has trouble with is speed and this thing is a master in it. Bubbles hits itself after a Confuse Ray. Bubbles hits himself again. I call Bubbles back and send out Bell. Bell gets hit by confuse ray. BELL BREAKS THROUGH!! BELL KOs WITH A CRIT CONFUSION!! BELL SAVES US AGAIN!!!

-Maxie makes up an excuse to leave. We are left to mourn alone on Mount Chimney as ash falls around us. Farewell Marsala. You had an amazing run. You will be missed.

Next: This could be the end

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
Introducing Diana the Machop!!
66-Machop.png

Diana is postively the happiest Pokémon you will ever meet. She loves to show off her power often crushing rocks in one hand with a big smile on her face.
NATURE: JOLLY
ABILITY: NO GUARD
Female
LEVEL: 22
HP: 63
ATK: 42
DEF: 32
SP ATK: 24
SP DEF: 24
SPD: 24

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-I'm in a bind again. Both Bubbles and Bell hit level 29 during the battle with Maxie meaning I have to train Diana to 28 and have her Solo this gym....this might end us.

-A short time later.....Diana hits 28 and....

DIANA evolves into MACHOKE!!
67-Machoke.png

I knew when I met Diana that she was close to her next evolution, but I didn't know how close. Now even more uninhibited and confident, Diana often poses like a body builder in what seems to be increasingly inappropriate places.
Female
LEVEL: 28
HP: 83
ATK: 63
DEF: 52
SP ATK: 38
SP DEF: 43
SPD: 35

BULK UP | ROCK TOMB | REVENGE | KNOCK OFF

Let's go take on Lavaridge!!

LAVARIDGE TOWN GYM

-Diana is our only team member eligible so we have to hope she can solo.

-Diana had no issues with the trainers here. Let's find the leader.

FLANNERY

-Hey this gym leader is kinda cute. I wonder if she...NVM SHE'S CRAZY

-I lead with Diana and immediately use Bulk up while her Slugma uses Light screen. Diana KOs the Slugma with Rock Tomb next turn. One down.
-Flannery then send out her Ace, Torkoal, who gets hit by a Rock Tomb from Diana as she again sets up, using Sunny Daycare to boost her fire moves. Diana gets a CRIT ROCK TOMB!!! The Torkoal faints!!!
Another Rock Tomb KOs her last Pokémon!!

DIANA SURVIVES AND SOLO RUNS THE GYM!!!
FLANNERY GOES DOWN!!
WE RECEIVE THE HEATBADGE!!

-May caught me as I left the Gym and gave me Go-Googles so I can walk through the desert!!! Things are looking up!!

-Time to go back to Petalburg Gym and take down my DAD!!!!!

PETALBURG CITY GYM

-After 5 easy battles it seems we have things in the bag...until Bubbles dies to a crit Crush Claw from a Zangoose. My first Pokémon. Honestly, I have no words. This whole Journey has just been a mess. I don't know how we can make it without you.

-I rush into find my Dad, Gym Leader of Petalburg, and find no sympathy in his words. "Right now I am this Gyms Leader and you are a challenger!" He shouts emotionless. "Get ready!"

-Leaning on my rage and Diana's strength the match goes relatively easily with Diana using Bulk Up while his first Pokémon encored and loafed around. From there Diana simply used Revenge and won.

WE RECEIVE THE BALANCE BADGE!!!

-My dad gives me a speech, but all I can focus on is Bubbles. He was so close to evolving, you could tell he was excited.
Spoiler:

-Wally meets me in front of the gym and offers to share his ride to Mauville with me. That trek is a long one so I take him up on it.

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-Between Bell and Diana we have an ok, Functioning core, but we will need more if we plan on beating the Elite 4.

-We will probably try to grab a Dark type and a Water type to round us out. I don't think Electric is concerning enough to need a ground type.

-Good news is we're still going :) Barely alive, but still going.

A STEP FORWARD

-After we Surf east to route 118 from Mauville I encounter Steven who mentions how tired I look. It's true I'm exhausted. We talk until a Latias, who seems to be in some sort of distress, communicates with Steven that it needs our help. Steven has me come with him and she whisks us away.

-We land on an unnamed island, seek out Latios, and, surprise, surprise, find the Magma Pandas snooping around. BATTLE ON!!

BATTLE FOR LATIOS

-I swap Bell in to lead with Steven's Metang and the pair pick up a quick KO on the Magma Panda's Koffing. Campert takes big damage from Metang's Zen Headbutt, so I leave in Bell to help finish it off. And then it happens. Metang misses. Bell fails to KO Campert with Confusion. Campert kills Bell with Earth Power.

I lose all sense of my surroundings and bound into the battle without regard. "NOOOOOOO!!!!" I yell scooping up Bell as she flops limp in my arms. "NO PLEASE!! BELL! Wake up, come on you're alright it's ok. J-just, we'll go back to the PokeCenter a-and you'll be ok. Steven let's go!" I stand up.

"Metang use Zen headbutt!" Steven shouts and then turns to me as Metang's eyes glow with a Pink hue and Campert faints. "Knost wait!!"

"We have to go!" I shout bumping into Magma grunts as they make their escape.

"She's gone Knost." Steven says, his voice stern, but sympathetic. I freeze. "That's not how this world works! You can't just....she's gone..."

I drop to my knees as defeated. "Take me home." I sob into Bell. "I'm done."

"You can't be done Knost." Steven says putting his hand on my shoulder as I hold tight to Bell.

"I won't let Diana die too!" I yell pushing him away.

"You can't stop Knost! You can't!" He screams his hands clinched into fists. "They won't let you!"

His words cause me to go numb as I exhale my response, "They?"

"Listen to me quickly." He bends down to make direct eye contact. "You have a task to do, and it is important, but this..." he reaches down and pulls up a clump of blood soaked grass. "This is NOT what we signed up for! Our world is in peril."

"Because of Team Magma?" I reply, leaning away as he moves closer.

"Not THIS world! You are not the Knost who moved to Honnen." He pounds the grass beneath us sending blood and dirt everywhere. "You are Knost Pokémon Champion of Kanto!! And..."

"St..." I shake my head.

"Listen!! Don't talk!" He yells shaking me, his hands clenching my shirt. "In a minute this moment will restart. They will try to take your memories, but if you can remember one thing remember this! Don't keep the Stone! Do you understand!! They want your Pokémon to die! If you keep the stone they get control over you! Over your emotions!"

"Who?! Steven!!" I shout as Steven gets yanked into the air by an unknown force.

"RED is your Mega! NOT LATIOS!" He screams in pain as his body dematerializes before my eyes. "Don't let Team..." He vanishes in an instant.

"RED..."

................EVERYTHING DISAPPEARS IN A BLINDING WHITE LIGHT................

"We were able to protect this Latios, and its mega stone, thanks to you and Bell." Steven says motioning to Bell's Pokeball on my belt. "I'm sorry she didn't make it."

"Yeah, I'm sorry too." I say sharply, "She was a great friend...but that's part of it right? Part of of the Journey?"

"That's right. And looking forward, that bracelet on your wrist will allow you and Latios to reach new heights as long as your bond is strong enough." Latios dips it head to me as I take a Pokeball and it joins our team. "Now that Latios is with you, you should try Mega Evolving the next time you're in battle." Steven says smiling. "Let's head back."

Introducing MACH the LATIOS!!!
latios_normal_coloration_by_xous54.png

From the moment we meet, Mach and I seem to be completely in step with each other as if we're linked somehow. And although a naturally quiet Pokémon, Mach has no issue becoming aggressive to defend me or his teammates.
NATURE: QUIET
ABILITY: LEVITATE
LEVEL: 30
HP: 97
ATK: 63
DEF: 60
SP ATK: 91
SP DEF: 80
SPD: 72

-We land back on route, part ways with Steven, and make our way to the next Gym!

Spoiler:
Next: Our journey continues.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
REBUILDING

-Went fishing on Route 118!!

-Welcome ARIEL the MAGICARP!!
latest

Void of any personality whatsoever, Ariel fails to distinguish herself at all from any other magicarp.
NATURE: GENTLE
ABILITY: SWIFT SWIM
Female
LEVEL: 25

-A short while later.

-ARIEL evolved into GYARADOS!!!
21392B3758BAB76E2CF4BC

Terrifyingly massive in her new form, Ariel's intimidating presence is shocking when you first see her in battle. Outside of battle however she loves to be pet and wear flowers as decoration.
NATURE: GENTLE
ABILITY: INTIMIDATE
Female
LEVEL: 26
HP: 84
ATK: 69
DEF: 41
SP ATK: 38
SP DEF: 70
SPD: 50

SURF| TACKLE | LEER | DOUBLE TEAM

THE WEATHER INSTITUTE

-The Magma Pandas took over the weather institute. After Bell and Marsala I know what they are capable of. Better help. People might be hurt in there.

-I beat Team Magma into leaving and then I'm given the MOST inappropriate Pok?mon in the world as a gift. Seriously...get some pants man. I don't care if I need Pok?mon or not. Boxed.

-Steven gives me a Swamperite. Ouch.

ROUTE 120

-After a very long and tedious hunt...

-Caught CHAOS the ABSOL!!!!
250px-359Absol.png

Nicknamed because of the lore surrounding her species, Chaos is actually incredibly courageous, preferring to lead our party with her incredible senses to keep us from harm as we walk through the the wilds of Honenn.
NATURE: BRAVE
ABILITY: SUPER LUCK
Female
LEVEL: 27
HP: 79
ATK: 85
DEF: 43
SP ATK: 49
SP DEF: 43
SPD: 43

SWORDS DANCE | BITE | SLASH | DOUBLE TEAM

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-Our team speed sucks, but we may be more powerful than we've ever been thanks to Ariel's bulk, Chaos' luck, Diana's strength, and Mach's Mega Evolution.

-We are DANGEROUSLY low on Pokeballs now. I'll need to do another Dowsing Machine hunt, but we really need to be perfect from here on out if we want a shot at winning the whole Locke.

Team update:
Spoiler:

FORTREE CITY GYM - WIONA

-We make our way to Fortree City.

-After clearing out an invisible Pok?mon with something called a Silph Scope, we enter the gym more ready for any gym we've battled so far.

-Winona's birds get their wings clipped by Chaos, Ariel, and Mach!!!

EVERYONE SURVIVES!!!
WE RECEIVE THE FEATHER BADGE!!!

LILYCOVE

-Basically just a ton of grinding.

-Chaos almost dies to a Swagger + Crit Quick Attack combo. Luckily she survives on 10 HP and we live to fight again. Too close.

MAY

-May doesn't stand a chance against our new line up. I feel like we're almost invincible at this point. Easy win.

-Sounds like the Magma Pandas might have a secret hideout somewhere on Route 122. They've taken two Pok?mon from me. Time for a little payback.

Next: Some Pandas just want to watch the world burn.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
MOUNTE PYRE

-The battles here are mostly uneventful other than Diana dropping to 10 hp after a Wheezing Sludge Bomb.

-Courtney brings a single Pokémon to battle me as Maxie ducks out. Mega Mach makes her pay for her disrespect. We win, but Maxie gets away with the Red Orb.

-An older couple has me take the Blue Orb and urges me to follow the Magma Pandas to Slateport.

SLATEPORT

-I join a large gathering of people in front of the boat port just in time to hear Maxie spoil the fun by announcing that they were in the process of stealing the new submarine that everyone had gathered for. What a douche.

-The captain I had defended previously grabs me and pulls me inside the boat port. Maxie preaches at me again and then sends two of his Magma grunts to attack me. One of the grunts refers to themselves as an "Ace grunt" looolol They both go down to Mega Mach.

-The captain takes me to Lilycove so I can find his Submarine and take down the Magma Pandas for him. Thanks guy. Why not grab one of the Gym leaders?

LILYCOVE / TEAM MAGMA HIDEOUT

-I find the Magma Pandas Hideout, which was very poorly hidden, and start taking out the grunts.

-I find a bed and make myself at home to heal up. This will make not having healing items much easier in here.

-DIANA hits level 40 and evolves into MACHAMP!!!
068_machamp.png

Now in her final form and thinking of herself as an amateur comedian, Diana often uses her extra arms to pretend wrestle or make out with herself to make others laugh.
Female

BULK UP | SUBMISSION | ROCK THROW | DUAL CHOP

-I finally find the submarine (which now looks like a Campert lol) and who's blocking my way? Courtney...with her one Pokémon again. Diana bodies her Campert. Step up your game Courtney.

-Maxie makes off in his new Submacampert while Courtney distracts me with her weird Robot talk. Luckily, Maxie blabs about their destination before he leaves (which is super nice of him) so we hop on MACH and make chase.

ROUTE 124

-Wow!!! I went the wrong way to train a bit and our entire team almost gets destroyed by a Play Rough using Azumarill. Diana survived with only 8 HP! Jeez. I need a poison or fire type like whoa.

-The rest of the route was less eventful. Thank Arceus.

MOSSDEEP CITY GYM

-I get to Mossdeep City and FIND THE COOLEST GYM EVER!!! YOU FLOAT AROUND ON BEAMS OF LIGHT TO THE TRAINERS HERE!!! WHAT?!?!

-Everyone is eligible, if not a bit underleveled for the Gym. Ariel 40, Chaos 44, Mach 41, Diana 40.

-Nothing more to write other than that Chaos and Ariel swept up the twin gym leader's Pokémon with ease. Not a Contest. The Solrock used a Rock Slide that put Ariel at 13 HP before being KO'd the next turn, but that was the only scare.

WE WIN!!!!!
WE RECEIVE THE MIND BADGE!!!

As I leave the gym a massive earthquake knocks me off of my feet. I hear people scream as bright beam of light shoots out of the sea and pierces the sky. Men and women around me scream and run for cover. I go to stand but another tremor keeps me grounded. I hear a familiar voice through the chaos as I look up and see Steven standing over me holding his hand out to assist me. "Let's go Knost! My house is close! We can take shelter there!!"

We run to his house and discuss the event as the tremors start to die down.

"What was that?!" I say winded as I gulp down a glass of water he'd offered me.

"They've done it." Steven states pausing, swirling his own glass of water and shaking his head. "Those idiots actually summoned the Ancient Pokémon. Knost, you have to help me. I know you've just moved here, but Hoenn is my home. Team Magma is on the Seafloor Cavern on Route 128. That's where the beam of light came from."

"What do you need me to do?" I ask without hesitation.

"Go there, to the Seafloor Cavern and stop them. Whatever you have to do. I'll be there as soon as I can, but you have to hold them off." He walks to the window as he trails off watching the residents of his town panicked. "If you don't..."

"I will. My family is here. Hoenn is my home now too." I say standing.

"Good...thank you. Here, take this." Steven says, turning and tossing me a Disc. "It's the HM for Dive. You'll need it to get to the seafloor. And be careful. With Team Magma so close to completing their vision for the world, they'll be more dangerous than ever."

After a nod and brief moment of silence to take in the immensity of what is to come, I head out the door to Route 128 and the Seafloor Cavern. I won't let Hoenn down.

Next: Maxie crosses the line.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
ROUTE 128

-We had a very, very dicey match vs Bird trainer Brian who's ace Pokémon was a Natu. It was a long battle, but suffice to say that Chaos survived on 21 HP, Mach survived on 35 HP and Ariel survived on 15 overcoming an Air Slash to end the match with an Ice Fang.

SEAFLOOR CAVERN

-I found TM 26 - Earthquake!!!!! Yes!!!!

-I find Maxie with his right hand man Tabitha, both equally smug as per usual. Maxie vows to attack me with full force. It doesn't matter. Ariel sweeps his team easily. We Win.

Maxie congratulates us and mockingly calls me a "hero. I try to convince him that all he will accomplish in summoning this 'Groudon' is destroying the world. Even Tabitha, his right hand man, sides with me. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, Maxie is unfazed by our logic. He states he, "...wants the world to end so humanity can reset," and then uses the Red Orb to resurrect Groudon.

The ground quakes as the Ancient Pokémon starts to crack out of its rocky tomb. It awakens with a loud roar and, without hesitation, jumps out of the Cavern and into the sea above. Maxie, in a state of obvious confusion, demands a report from his team, "What is happening on the surface!" He screams at Tabitha as he shields his face from the immense heat created from Groudons presence in the sun.

"I-its too strong!!" Tabitha replies back checking his device feverishly. "The sunlight its...This is what I was trying to tell you!! If the planet keeps increasing in heat like this...everything will die!"

-After a longer than needed argument between the two I leave with Maxie and the Magma Pandas, heading to Sootopolis to meet Groudon as it seeks the power it needs for something that Maxie calls, "primal reversion".

SOOTOPOLIS

-When we get to Sootopolis everyone plays pass the Magma Suit and I am the last one holding it...So I guess that I, a child, am going down to face the Ancient Magma Beast. Don't everyone try to stop me at once lol

-Wallace, Sootopolis' Gym leader, hypothesizes that the blue orb I was given will protect me from Groudons immense heat and might potentially calm the beast...but, I'm still gonna wear the suit lol because fire.

As I turn to walk away from the most unhelpful group adults ever, Maxie stops me. "Child, I'm...sorry you lost Pokémon trying too stop this. Trying to stop me." He apologizes sincerely. "It was my ignorance that got them killed. I know I can't bring them back, but...I'll try to make up for all of this if it's at all possible."

"It's all right." I respond with a nod. "It's all part of the journey."

"That's very gracious of you. Funny, you don't sound like the young man I fought back on Mount Chimney." Maxie says looking a little taken back.

Steven steps in and pats me on the back. "He's not the same. Knost has been through a lot." Steven says with a smile. "He knows much more about this Pokémon world than he did before. Good luck Knost. You better get going. The world is depending on you."

And with that I take my first steps into a place they call 'The Cave of Origin.'

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-I don't have the team setup or the Pokeballs I need to catch Groudon right now so I'll just take it on, hopefully defeat it and catch it later.

THE CAVE OF ORIGIN

-Ariel, unfazed by the enormity of the situation, defeats Groudon in stunning fashion as she Dragon Dances around and through the Molten Behemoth.

-As I exit the Cave of Origins, Steven is first to greet me and he gives me an Eon Flute!

-May congratulates me and says I'm ready to be Pokémon League Champion. She also calls me her best friend which is odd because we've talked like 10 times total?

-Steven says I still have a few obstacles in my way to becoming league champion and points me in the direction of Sootopolis' Gym.

ONLY ONE BADGE LEFT...we're so close.

Spoiler:

Next: When it rains it Encores.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
SOOTOPOLIS CITY GYM

-This Gyms puzzle is pretty tricky. At one point I fell through the glass and got caught under the platform where a ton of trainers jumped me. We almost lost Diana.

GYM LEADER WALLACE

-Diana, our oldest member insists on leading in our last Gym so I send her out. Wallace sends out Luvdisc. Luvdisc outspeeds and lands a Sweet Kiss dropping Diana to one knee in confusion. Luckily, Diana seems to hear my pleas and breaks through confusion twice to KO the Luvdisc despite it's gaining back health from using Draining Kiss.
-Next Wallace sends out Whiscash. Diana is again outspend and takes a Zen Headbutt which, coupled with recoil from another Submission, takes Diana down to 13 HP!!! Thank Arceus she lived!!!
-I call back Diana with 4 big high fives and switch to Chaos. Swords dance. Mud sport. Night slash crit KOs the Whiscash.
-Wallace then sends out his Ace Pokémon, Milotic. Milotic outspeeds Chaos and uses Hydro Pump taking Chaos from full health at 132 HP to 56 HP. Chaos shakes off the huge hit and hits back with a Night Slash. Next turn Chaos KOs the Milotic with Sucker Punch.
-I call back Chaos and switch to Ariel as Wallace sends out his Sealeo. Ariel and Sealeo trade Aurora Beam for Dragon Dance. Aurora Beam for Dragon Dance. Aur...nope...Encore...crap. Ariel gets stuck Dragon Dancing three times while taking more Aurora Beams until the Encore ends. Ariel is mad and wounded at only 44 HP. I ask if she wants to stay in. She let's out a loud Roar and charges the Sealeo. Earthquake KOs the Sealeo! Earthquake KOs Wallace's last Pokémon Seaking!!!!!!

We win!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!
That was a tricky one!!!!

WE RECEIVE THE RAIN BADGE!!!!!!

WE HAVE ALL EIGHT BADGES!!!!!!!!!

-Wallace tells me that if I plan to challenge the Pokémon league I need to head east to find a remote piece of land called 'Ever Grande Island'. Little does he know I already found that place lol Remote my butt.

VICTORY ROAD

-So far Victory Road is absolutely terrifying. Chaos has a close call trying to save Mach from a Froslass in which he overcomes confusion at 8hp to pull out the win.

-After a very long trek through Victory Road we push through with everyone at 50 hp or less except for Chaos who sits at 81 Hp just above the yellow bar. Luckily, it looks like we're in the clear until we get to the PokeCenter at the top!

WALLY

-Dang it!!! Wally shows up and I can't heal because I can't use healing items!!! Man, I honestly thought I could reach the next PokeCenter before I met anyone else....this could end us.

-Wally leads with Altaria and Chaos comes steps forward for me as he was already in the lead when we were ambushed. I decide that the only way we win is to sweep so I have Chaos set up a Swords Dance. Wally returns in kind having his Altaria use Cotton Guard. I don't see the harm in going for another Swords Dance, so Chaos executes the order while Wally makes a bad play, instructing Altaria to use a Safeguard. Chaos then Crit KOs Wally's Altaria, Delcatty, and Roerade with Night Slash in that order.
-It seems like we're in the clear when Wally sends out Magneton. Chaos uses Night Slash...Magneton survives on 1 HP due to its Sturdy ability. Magneton uses Tri-Attack....it hits....
Spoiler:
-Wally sends out Gallade....My heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest from Chaos' last exchange so I call her back...but she refuses to budge. Wally calls out his strategy to Gallade....Gallade moves with blinding speed...I hold my breath...Chaos lands a Sucker Punch!!! It's a One Hit KO!!!!!!

Spoiler:

-Wally congratulates us as we clear Victory Road unscathed!!!

STRATEGY AND THOUGHTS

-After healing up, I evaluate our situation and determine that, despite our recent victories, we're not ready for the Elite 4. Time to grind and search for some TMs.

Next: THE ELITE 4.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
-THE ELITE 4-
Team update:
Spoiler:

Sidney - Elite 4

-Sidney leads with Mightyena and I lead with Diana. Diana outspeeds and uses Cross Chop to KO.
-Shiftry comes out next and Fake Out Crit Diana, causing her to flinch instead of use a move. Next turn though, Diana outspeeds and picks up another KO with Cross Chop.
-Shapedo is third for Sidney as Diana stays in and picks up another Cross Chop KO after taking damage from a Slash attack and Sharpedo's ability Rough Skin.
-Cacturn comes late hoping to swing the match and uses Spiky Shield which blocks Diana's Cross Chop and brings her down to 56 HP. Diana Cross Chop KOs Sidney's last two Pok?mon.

We move on.

Phoebe - Elite 4

-Mach leads here and Psychic KOs Pheobe's first Pok?mon, Dusclops, quickly.
-A Sableye comes out next and, after a Fake out/flinch, falls to Mach's Dragon Pulse.
-Psychic KOs Banette #1
-Psychic KOs Banette #2
-Dusknoir comes out as Pheobe's Ace and Tanks a Psychic from Mach hitting back with Ice Punch. Mach uses Surf. Full Restore from Phoebe. Mach uses Surf.
Mach uses Surf For the KO.

-We win. Two down. Moving on.

Glacia - Elite 4

-Uninteresting battle. Ariel leads and uses Dragon Dance. Glalie uses Light Screen. Dragon Dance. Glalie uses Hail.
-Earthquake KOs Glalie.
-Earthquake KOs Froslass.
-Earthquake KOs Glalie.
-Earthquake KOs Froslass.
-Earthquake KOs Walrein.

-I don't like the hail damage on Ariel (45 HP in total), but we move on. Last Elite 4 trainer is next.

Drake - Elite 4

-Mach sweeps with Dragon Pulse.

-Too easy. We still have our full team. Steven's next. Here goes nothing....

----Steven - Pok?mon League Champion Honenn----

-Ariel leads against Steven's Skamory and sets up a Dragon Dance as Skamory hits with Aerial Ace. Ariel uses Waterfall and flinches Skamory. Ariel uses Waterfall again and KOs Skamory. One down.
-Ariel stays in as Aggron comes out for Steven. Ariel uses Waterfall. Aggron survives with it's Sturdy ability. Affront hits back with Stone Edge...Ariel dies.
Spoiler:
-I send out Mach for revenge.
-Steven uses a Full Restore on Aggron.
-Mach uses Surf and Saffron survives again with it's Sturdy ability and hits back with Dragon Claw. Mach KOs Aggron with Surf.
-Mach KOs Armaldo with Surf.
-Claydoll comes out next for Steven and I pull back Mach as Surf fails to KO Claydoll sets up a Light Screen.
-I pull back Mach and send out Chaos as Steven uses a Full Restore on Claydoll.
-Chaos uses Swords Dance.
-Claydoll uses Reflect.
-Chaos uses Swords Dance again.
-Claydoll uses Earth Power to bring Choas down to 113 Hp.
-Chaos uses Night Slash and Crit KOs the Claydoll.
-Chaos uses Night Slash and Crit KOs Craydilly.
-Finally, Steven sends out his Ace, Metagross. I instruct Chaos to use Sucker Punch a she's plus 4 Attack, but...the barriers still up. Sucker Punch fails to KO and leaves the Metagross at 10% HP.
-Metagross uses Giga Impact....Chaos dies.
Spoiler:
-I send out Mach who uses Surf! HE KOs THE

We defeat Steven!!!! We win!!!!!!!

WE ARE POK?MON CHAMPIONS OF HONENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Knost," Steven says with a slight smile masking his own disappointment, "You are truly an excellent Pok?mon trainer."

I hit the button on Diana's Pokeball and release her as I jump around the room in celebration.

"We did it!!" I yell, giving Steven a high five before jumping into Diana for a big hug. "Wow, Diana. You were fantastic...and you!" I turn to Mach, grabbing his head placing my forehead against his. "MVP buddy. You really carried us through this. I'm so proud of you!"

I let him go as I smile and turn to Diana who, in spite of the moment, hangs her head. I look back to Mach who shares the same look. "What's wrong with you two?!" I ask patting them both on the back. "We won, right?!" I exclaim, "We're Champions of Honenn! This is amazing!" Mach floats over toward Chaos and Ariel as they lay motionless on the ground.

"Oh...I'm sorry Mach...I'm...It's not fair that they don't get to share this with us...But this is part of it." I shake my head as I look at the pool of blood expanding beneath Chaos and Ariel and take a step back before it runs under my feet. "I mean..." I continue to stumble back. My Mega Stone glows and I halt my movement. The blood hits my shoe. "We cant dwell on that guys. Look at what we've just accomplished!"

Suddenly, Mach attacks me, biting at my arm and tearing at my flesh as he yanks me into the air. "Hey! Stop! AHHHH! MY AR...MACH STOP! STOP!" The assault continues, pain shooting up and down my arm until I rip free, kicking Mach and falling to the ground.

"WHAT THE HELL MACH?!" I examine my arm, gripping the wounds to slow my bleeding. I look up only to realize my Bracelet is still in Mach's mouth. Before I can speak, Mach uses a Dragon Pulse reducing the Bracelet and it's Mega Stone to a sparkling cloud of dust.

"What is wrong with you?!" I scream, still bleeding and shaken from the attack. "That was your stone! Now you can't mega evolve! What are...." I stop mid sentence as Mach floats to the side and I again see Chaos and Ariel..."Oh..." I feel my legs give out beneath me. A wave of nausea crashes over me, followed by a blinding, tearing pain that causes my head to feel as if it will be ripped in two. Memories flood my mind. Kanto, Red, Splinter, Chomper, Johto...I scream in agony as the visions continue....Team Rocket, Ronin, Nets of Fire, the Soldiers in White. "The Soldiers in white!" I scream my eyes shooting open and scanning the room. "Diana! Mach! Come here! Soldiers are coming!" I yell pulling myself to my feet.

"What soldiers?!" Steven jumps in front of me. "Knost are you..." I cut him off and push him aside, knocking him to the ground, as I run to Mach and Diana.

"The men Steven! The Soldiers! They're all dressed in white and...Mach! Diana! Get beside me!" Steven vanishes into thin air. "STEVEN!! No this can't be happening again!! Back to back guys! Get ready!"

I see a pink fog roll in, covering the ground. "STAY TOGETHER!!!" I yell as Mach and Diana move in closer.

And then suddenly we're frozen.

I can't speak. I can't move. A pendulum. My vision clouds over causing me to go blind. And then...I hear a female voice.

? - "People! We have to anticipate these kinds of situations! Did you see the look Machamp gave Latios?! That was a tell! Our response was much better than last time, but our timing has to be better. We cannot let it get that far."

Followed by another voice. A male this time.
? - "Boss, can't they hear us? Of course I understand that they are frozen, but..."

? - "Even if they can hear us this will all be just one bad dream for them when they wake up. Nothing more."

? - "Yes, but last time the dreams..."

? - "We were unprepared last time. We'll give Knost another stone. We can help mitigate things now."

? - "But look at the data. We can't keep wiping his memory to this extent and we're going to start causing permanent damage..."

? - "Yes, yes, yes. And then this was all worthless. I know. What is with you today? He's still within parameters. He'll be fine."

? - "He's almost halfway through now. He's progressing quickly....I really thought Bell or Ariel would be the one. It's a shame."

? - "Don't worry. It will sort itself out. The extra time we've put into him should keep him on track."

? - "Did you get the new report yet? How long do we have?"

? - "Dialga's on our side remember? We have all the time in the world."

? - "You know what I mean."

? - "Yeah, I know. This game of Meowth and Rattata is....tiring to say the least, but it's all we have."

? - "And we have them."

? - "Right. We have them. Let's just hope they make it in time. Is everything ready? New stone?"

? - "Yes. The new stone has been placed and everyone is in position. We are ready on your mark."

? - "Alright! Everybody clear?!!! Starting preparations for Sinnoh in 3, 2....."

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Next: The Journey Continues in Diamond!!

Leave a comment if you're so inclined :) Thanks for reading!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
Finished filling in all of the personality summaries for our Pokémon :) Let me know who you like best!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Great job once again! It's too bad you lost all of your early team members though. :( You seem to be having bad luck with Water-type starters. =O And Bell's loss was so sudden I didn't see it coming. =/ But you managed to pull through and beat the game!

Furthermore, I'm now more than ever expecting some shady business going on behind the scenes. I had originally thought it was just your style, starting off with each game as a "new person", but now I can see that that isn't the case.

And I do like the personality summaries, both here and in your previous two challenges. It's a good way to immediately show off what your Pokémon are like. :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
Great job once again! It's too bad you lost all of your early team members though. :( You seem to be having bad luck with Water-type starters. =O And Bell's loss was so sudden I didn't see it coming. =/ But you managed to pull through and beat the game!

Furthermore, I'm now more than ever expecting some shady business going on behind the scenes. I had originally thought it was just your style, starting off with each game as a "new person", but now I can see that that isn't the case.

And I do like the personality summaries, both here and in your previous two challenges. It's a good way to immediately show off what your Pokémon are like. :)

Thank you! The summaries thing came about from reading your Challenge Log and seeing how much personality and life your Pokémon had, so thank you for the inspiration lol

And yeah, there's for sure something going on :) I'm excited to show it off!

Also, if anyone is reading this make sure to check out Jessica's Challenge Log. It's excellent. Link here!!

Back