• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Josephrulzyou

Secret trainer
Years
beldum : help ;/
dratini : iv got :D
chikorita : iv got
kanto starters : iv got
fossils : i talked with all people in museum and nothing ;/

where i can find lapras ?
ps. someone MUST make pokedex with pokemon locations ;p

what i must do now ? (RICYAN CITY GYM IS EMPTY)

for beldum go to ironmen city

before u resurrect the fossils u should have free slots in ur party

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
Does anyone know what to do when you get to grometch(I don't know the right spelling) city-the desert one. I go to the gym and a guy says go to mine. The mine guy says go to the museum and the museum guy says I need a ticket!? I've been trying to figure this out for like 3 hours at least. I even went all the way through Mt. Zheri and I just found Steven and someone else battling at the end and when I passed them nothing happened and I got to a deadend where I needEd surf? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Xoy

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Why I can't use any hack tool on the rom, after I patch it with the .ips? And why can't use it on gpSPhone (I have iTouch 4g with gpsphone 6.6.7)? Btw, best hack so far, congrats.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Does anyone know what to do when you get to grometch(I don't know the right spelling) city-the desert one. I go to the gym and a guy says go to mine. The mine guy says go to the museum and the museum guy says I need a ticket!? I've been trying to figure this out for like 3 hours at least. I even went all the way through Mt. Zheri and I just found Steven and someone else battling at the end and when I passed them nothing happened and I got to a deadend where I needEd surf? Thanks to anyone who can help.
You've been to gym and you couldn't go to museum?
Weird... you should be able to enter museum once gym guard tells you that GL isn't there.

Why I can't use any hack tool on the rom, after I patch it with the .ips?
Well it's blocked :D Only some guys know how to break it :D (Okay I'm joking xD Use RHEA xD)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
thx a lot :)

and this seadra (with dragon scale) from trade is only female ? i tried 10 times load the game and all the time is female , i dont collect female pokemons xD

Gender doesn't really matter. In the new English version, you can evolve Seadra into Kingdra by levelling up to Lv. 50.

Well it's blocked :D Only some guys know how to break it :D (Okay I'm joking xD Use RHEA xD)

Ash, you shouldn't tell anybody else on how to crack the Rom. This information should only be known to us. Honestly, he's not even the editor of this hack. He shouldn't edit anything at all.

Anyways, did you receive my PM? You're supposed to be editing the stuff I tell you to do.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
Why I can't use any hack tool on the rom, after I patch it with the .ips? And why can't use it on gpSPhone (I have iTouch 4g with gpsphone 6.6.7)? Btw, best hack so far, congrats.

I had the same problem. It was in a post earlier. You use GBA Header with the light platinum rom and ruby rom. Also make sure the permissions are set right.

You've been to gym and you couldn't go to museum?
Weird... you should be able to enter museum once gym guard tells you that GL isn't there.

So what can I do now? Is there a way to like go in and reset the event or something?

Last edited:

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
thx ;)
where i can get psychic ? (TM 29 ? )
and there will be "FAQ pokedex" ? because i dont know what moves can i get on other pokemons than kanto / johto / hoen

ps. u or someone must fix some exp bugs , i mean for example in elite four if i kill stelix 65 lvl i got 2700 exp , BUT if i kill torterra 66lvl iv only recive 630 exp
this same situation exist in other pokemons in elite four

Last edited:

Xoy

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Ash and Squaredancer, thanks for the help, and S. Prince, I know I'm not an editor, but can't I edit it for my own usage? I wanna make the game harder than it is, but for ME to play, OK? Again, keep the good work, cause its great.

master2738

Deviant Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 21, 2011
jeez, people are still asking how to edit the rom and get it to work on the gpsphone? people, all wes did was edit the rom's header, he didnt block it or use some magical creator power to keep u from editing/playing it on the gpsphone. if you want to edit the rom ( with advance map or hacking tools like that) or play it on the gpsphone you hav to google and download the gba header edit tool. simply change the header of the rom to a basic ruby rom header and you'll be able to edit with advance map/play the rom on your gpsphone to your hearts content :]]]]]]]

P.S. if i remember (around page 70 in this thread) there is a much better explanation on how to do all this then the explanation i just gave....just fyi :]

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Gender doesn't really matter. In the new English version, you can evolve Seadra into Kingdra by levelling up to Lv. 50.
Why did you do that oh my god? o.O
You absolutely destroyed the purpose of Wes' in-game trades...

Ash, you shouldn't tell anybody else on how to crack the Rom. This information should only be known to us. Honestly, he's not even the editor of this hack. He shouldn't edit anything at all.

Anyways, did you receive my PM? You're supposed to be editing the stuff I tell you to do.
Wah, it doesn't matter ;) He'd find it out anyway ;)

Yeah I did, I know, just chill =D

So what can I do now? Is there a way to like go in and reset the event or something?
Weird... Have you tried re-enter to see if it works now?

i dont understand one thing
why i cant fly to cities with blue line ? http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/beztytuuspz.jpg/
game is completed ;)
Because ROM does not have unlimited amount of fly positions =)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Ash and Squaredancer, thanks for the help, and S. Prince, I know I'm not an editor, but can't I edit it for my own usage? I wanna make the game harder than it is, but for ME to play, OK? Again, keep the good work, cause its great.
No. Wesley only gave permission to me.
If you continue editing the hack, I will get the moderators
on you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Why did you do that oh my god? o.O
You absolutely destroyed the purpose of Wes' in-game trades...

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

It is pathetic to have a PKMN evolve right after an in-game trade.
It will be more of a challenge if you train the traded PKMN in order to have it evolve.

Oh alright.Well can you at least help me ? im at the entrance of mt. icestorm but theres a girl in my way and she wont let me through no matter how many times i talk to her.

No. I'm not even at that place yet. To be honest, don't play the untranslated version if you can't understand Porteguese.

I cant understand what r u talking all about. Is the new english version of Pokemon Light Platinum out? If yes can someone give me a link for prepatched game and can u tell me is it playable for android phones because i have xperia x8 and i can play all original gba and hack pokemon games on my gba emulator but i cant play this game. First english version of P.L.P. was great it worked perfectly can u explain me what is wrong with 1st versio. Is it bugged or is it unfinished pls answer? THX.

No. It's not completed yet.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It is pathetic to have a PKMN evolve right after an in-game trade.
It will be more of a challenge if you train the traded PKMN in order to have it evolve.
o.O o.O o.O
Okay... I think it's pointless to convince you...

I've left the city and come back and talked to him like 20 times but the museum gaurd still says I need a ticket.
This is really weird... I could sware that when I reached that point of game, only talking to guy ahead of gym was enough... in fact I think he gave me that ticket.
Don't you have save from before?

i found bug
ENBUOH from lvl 38 evoluing into this http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/545.shtml xD i must all the time stop the evolution

someone read my post about exp bug in E4 ?
SP is going to fix the first bug, don't worry.
But I'm curious about that E4 bug =)

Back