• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Taking my first steps -- trouble already

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Trying to create a fangame from scratch using the latest Essentials as a base. (I'm running RMXP 1.05 under Windows 10, in XP/Service Pack 2 compatibility mode.) Even though I have changed ONLY the game title so far, I get an error dialogue box and an empty screen whenever I playtest --

Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon Lead Balloon
Exception: Errno::EACCES

Compiler:2706:in `save_data'

Compiler:2706:in `pbCompileAnimations'

Compiler:4133:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4219

This exception was logged in 

C:\Users\isnor\Saved Games/Pokemon Lead Balloon/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   
Please let me know what's causing the problem and whether/how I can fix it. Thank you!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
It might be because of permissions and user rights. You should try to run RMXP in Admin Mode or put it in a folder that you can access without rights. By the way why do you use the compatibility mode? In my case RMXP is running just fine on W10.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I already have RMXP set to run as an admin every time (since I own this PC). My default user account is also an admin, so it puzzles me that I'd have permission-related errors. Should I do a clean reinstall of RMXP in a folder outside C:\Programs (x86), just in case?

Back