• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Christian Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I am not Christian, but I do enjoy Religious Debate. I don't want to join, but I might keep an eye on the thread if I get bored. I don't bash on Christians, but I WOULD like to have debates/discussion. Feel free to say no and I will go away.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
I'll join.
I have been a christian since birth, but I don't know what type of christian I am...

It is not my right to question your salvation, but does this mean that you personally accepted Jesus Christ into your life as soon as you left your mothers womb?

You're either a Christian or not a Christian, there aren't different types.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
I am not Christian, but I do enjoy Religious Debate. I don't want to join, but I might keep an eye on the thread if I get bored. I don't bash on Christians, but I WOULD like to have debates/discussion. Feel free to say no and I will go away.

what i do in the atheists alliance ^^.

It is not my right to question your salvation, but does this mean that you personally accepted Jesus Christ into your life as soon as you left your mothers womb?

You're either a Christian or not a Christian, there aren't different types.
lol, i think he means that he's christian ever since he can remember, and his parents taught him the doctrine of God. thats how it was for me, only i really accepted christ in middle school.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
Years
Non-denominational Christian who prefers to go by the values set forth by the reformers themselves rather than any set by modern churches. Of course I'd like to join!

Anyway, I've been raised as a Christian my entire life, went through the whole doubt period at a rather early age (10-11, as opposed to the usual 14+). Been through a lot of "little miracles" myself, causing my faith to be that much stronger in our Lord and Savior ~

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
lol, i think he means that he's christian ever since he can remember, and his parents taught him the doctrine of God. thats how it was for me, only i really accepted christ in middle school.

Like this dude said.
But I live with my GRANDparents, since my mom made some bad choices.
& I can't remember ever doubting the existence of God...

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Dunno why, guess people just dont know what to talk abt....

Also, what do you all think abt the rapture? is it soon? is it far off? i dont want a date, i just want a time period, like the next couple of years or something. I personally think that it might happen sometime around the next 20 years.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
Years
I personally dislike giving even rough estimates on the end of this world. I personally see that the signs are beginning, and it will be soon. "Soon" is, however, a rather objective term. It could happen tomorrow, it could happen in a hundred years, it could happen in a thousand years. Really, I would say that the best thing to do for now is to simply prepare for it.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Join! Join! Join! Though I'm not baptized yet :)

God has been SOOOO amazing to me and my family, "chance" doesn't explain it :)

---

Oh, no one posted after me. Anyway, I made a banner:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Why is this club so inactive??

I guess that's because I haven't posted here for a while xD

I personally dislike giving even rough estimates on the end of this world. I personally see that the signs are beginning, and it will be soon. "Soon" is, however, a rather objective term. It could happen tomorrow, it could happen in a hundred years, it could happen in a thousand years. Really, I would say that the best thing to do for now is to simply prepare for it.

Yeah, although the end of the world is hard to think off...

Join! Join! Join! Though I'm not baptized yet :)

God has been SOOOO amazing to me and my family, "chance" doesn't explain it :)

---

Oh, no one posted after me. Anyway, I made a banner:
Spoiler:

That's awesome! The banner is in the thread now ^^

Sorry for being so inactive people, I was just lazy and stuff xD Anyways, I updated everything now! And a big welcome to the new members!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
I'm inclined to believe that the Rapture will occur within the next hundred years, but I'm unsure. All the Bible says is that "the Father alone knows the date and the time" and "Behold, I am coming soon" (hopefully those are exact quotes. :x). You just gotta remember that Jesus' soon has taken at least 2000 of our years, it's not much use trying to guess. It's much better to keep your guard up against the problems of this world so that when it happens, or doesn't within your lifetime, it's not something to fear for you.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Wouldnt want this thread to be considered old. Dunno if the revival rule counts in this thread, but here is a quote just in case:
Do not post in threads that have not been posted in for more than a month.
Taken from the rules. Its one month today, not more than one, so it should be alright.

I would expect it to be more active here, but oh well. Anyone reading, what do you think about aliens/sentient life outside of earth? Possible, impossible? C.S. Lewis's example in his space trilogy shows a way that it could be possible, but its impossible now that we have space tech and life in our solar system is disproved.... but what do you think? Sentient life outside of earth possible?

Last edited:

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I would expect it to be more active here, but oh well. Anyone reading, what do you think about aliens/sentient life outside of earth? Possible, impossible? C.S. Lewis's example in his space trilogy shows a way that it could be possible, but its impossible now that we have space tech and life in our solar system is disproved.... but what do you think? Sentient life outside of earth possible?

I think that it might be possible for sentient life outside of Earth... just not very likely. I mean, why would God decide to make life on another planet, and why isn't it recorded anywhere in the Bible or anything?
But yeah.... it might be possible - maybe life is in another Galaxy, trillions and trillions of light years away. We haven't discovered the whole universe - so yes I'd say it is possible.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I'd like to join.

What do you guys think about homosexuality?

My personal belief is that the bible was written in a context 2000 years ago. What would it be like if the revelation were established in a modern sense? I think that Christians, have learned to look to their own relationship to God to arrive to great revelations. For instance, slavery. Slavery was very necessary for society to fumigation; therefore, the bible included verses like "slaves obey you masters, whether they be kind or cruel." So maybe it was the right thing to have that contract for labor back then in order for our society to progress. However, in the world we live in today, or even a few centuries back, the need for slaves has dwindled; we have created a moderately stable faith-based economy. In the 1850's, I believe that many Christians began contemplating the morality of slavery, and had a revelation of sorts to demolish it. So can the acceptance of gay people follow suit? Being homosexual 2000 years ago was not practical; society needed to procreate rapidly in order to survive. But as we have all seen; China and India are suffering from over-population. Also, millions of children are in need of parents. Think about, more and more we hear about gay people thriving; not only do they not procreate, but they also adopt children in need of homes. So homosexuality is also going through a modern revelation; it is VERY beneficial to have gay people in our society. Therefore, why not encourage gay couples to adopt children and establish marriages?

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
I'd like to join.

What do you guys think about homosexuality?

This makes no sense. God created the way to the live presented within His Word, he did not base his word on the word and ways of man, so therefore if somehow his Word was written today it would be the same word that was written down back then. So therefore Homosexuality would still be regarded as sin. Rationalising that this act is right is like saying theft and murder are right because your town governor declares it legal, it's all a matter of authority, your earthly Kings or the Eternal King?

*Note I just want to get something straight(no pun intended) I was banned for a long time last time I mentioned Homosexuality on this forum, back then I was immature and didn't know Jesus and His Word as I do now, I do not hate Homosexuals I love them as I love my fellow brother in Christ, I just believe that Homosexuality it's self is sin, why? Because my Lord tells me so through his word and when it comes down it do sin is sin and we being fallen have to deal with our own personal issues everyday.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
This makes no sense. God created the way to the live presented within His Word, he did not base his word on the word and ways of man, so therefore if somehow his Word was written today it would be the same word that was written down back then. So therefore Homosexuality would still be regarded as sin. Rationalising that this act is right is like saying theft and murder are right because your town governor declares it legal, it's all a matter of authority, your earthly Kings or the Eternal King?

*Note I just want to get something straight(no pun intended) I was banned for a long time last time I mentioned Homosexuality on this forum, back then I was immature and didn't know Jesus and His Word as I do now, I do not hate Homosexuals I love them as I love my fellow brother in Christ, I just believe that Homosexuality it's self is sin, why? Because my Lord tells me so through his word and when it comes down it do sin is sin and we being fallen have to deal with our own personal issues everyday.

I understand the reasoning; however, what about slavery? When black people refused to do as their owners said, was that a sin? "slaves obey your masters whether they be kind or cruel." I think that there is a bias in religious institutions.

Also, the New Testament does not say anything about homosexuality being a sin, and Christians follow the doctrines in the New Testament, not the old testament. There is one verse that states that is a sin for heterosexual men to commit adultery with other men. Note: Before jumping to a conclusion about a verse, look at it's previous wordings. The only other verse that refers to homosexuality being a sin in the New Testament is that "homosexuals" will not inherit the kingdom of God. The word translated to "homosexuals" in recent times, has been translated as "sexual perverts" in past texts. The alteration to homosexuality is a fairly new interpretation concocted by some churches. So, homosexuality is not a sin, nor is same sex marriage. The bible says the heterosexual marriage is wholesome, but it doesn't mean that same sex marriage is not wholesome. I think that religious institutions have too much power; they manipulate the religious text and their followers. A relationship with God should be personal, not what others tell you it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back