• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which pokemon is better for a stall team?

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
I am between Clefable and Blissey.They will both have the same moveset.(Wish Softboiled Fire Blast Toxic)
But l am confused since Clefable has Magic Guard while Blissey has monstrous HP and Sp.Def.
Help me do the right decision and also explain why you chose..well..what you selected.

BQ : Which is the best moveset for a celebi in a stall team?
Recover,Heal Bell,Leech Seed,Psychic or Recover,Perish song,u-turn,psychic.
Except from celebi's heal bell l dont have any other cleric in my team so consider this as well.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Blissey. Magic Guard is useless when Blissey does the same thing with Natural Cure and much better stats and bigger Wishes. Everything likes bigger Wishes. The only difference between Magic Guard and Natural Cure in this regard is Leech Seed, but Bliss would switch out to get rid of status anyway so yeah.

Both Heal Bell and Perish Song are very useful. Heal Bell gives your team a utility cleric and Perish Song prevents last-mon sweeps. I would not use U-turn on any defensive Celebi set. It is a pitiful attack and you don't need that kind of momentum when you're playing stall.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
yeah but also consider that blissey takes damage from stealth rock and spikes while clefable doesnt.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
yeah but also consider that blissey takes damage from stealth rock and spikes while clefable doesnt.

It'd be in your interest on a stall team to invest in a spinner anyway, otherwise you're going to have a hell of a time with other stall teams. ;(

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
yeah but the spinner cant always live.Lets say l switch in my spinner.It rapid spins the hazards away but then the opponents spiker and stealth rocker comes in again and lays them down again.I try to switch in my spinner but he either switches in a ghost or a counter to my spinner.If its a ghost type then l cant rapid spin at all so the hazards stay there.If its a counter l either spin them away and let my spinner die(so the spiker comes in again and he lays them once more without fear of them being blown away) or l change pokemon and l dont blow them away at all.Thats what l am trying to get across.And its not only that.He may have a banded scizor and a strong sp.attacker so l will have to switch in skarmory and blissey very often.So blissey will take a lot of damage and eventually die due to the hazards while clefable wont :/

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Clefable will sooner die to strong attacks (physical or special, doesn't matter) faster than Blissey will succumb to hazards. Believe me. Between taking a pittance from special attacks, Leftovers, and Wish, you'll have plenty of health to spare. The scenario you stated is really how you play, not how Blissey performs. For absorbing hits and supporting the team, Blissey is ultimately the superior choice. Here are some damage calcs if you're interested.

Timid LO Starmie Hydro Pump
252/252 Bold Blissey: 23.11% - 27.31%
252/252 Calm Clefable: 45.94% - 54.31%

0Atk Skarmory Brave Bird
252/252 Bold Blissey: 27.31% - 32.07%
252 Calm Clefable: 35.03% - 41.37%

Magic Guard is cool and all, but these calc don't lie (at least not on purpose lol). Bold Blissey can take both physical and special attacks much better than Clefable. Well, there you have it, you presented your case, and we presented ours. Why not just test it; instead of using half-baked theorymon? What matters is what works better in a real battle for you.

Back