• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
meh once pokebank comes out shiny will be like 1/1024? idk xD probably shinies more common >;o

MM rate w/o Shiny Charm is like 1/683 after the shiny rate was doubled. It'll probably be around 1/500 with the charm - unless they buffed the charm, as well.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Anyone wanna do some math for me? I wanna know the chance of encountering something like this. Cuz I'm wondering if I should buy a lottery ticket in the near future.

Safari caught - 1/3 encounter rate I think it is?
Jolly nature (with Sync) - 50% chance was it?
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31 - This, I don't know
Ability: Marvel Scale - This, I also don't know.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Not sure on encounter rates but I would assume it's 1/3. Synch is 50% yes, then 2 IVs will always be 31, with the other 4 being 1 in 32 chance of being 31. Ability if nonHA is 50/50?

.... just go buy a lottery ticket

Ársa

k.
Years
Anyone wanna do some math for me? I wanna know the chance of encountering something like this. Cuz I'm wondering if I should buy a lottery ticket in the near future.

Safari caught - 1/3 encounter rate I think it is?
Jolly nature (with Sync) - 50% chance was it?
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31 - This, I don't know
Ability: Marvel Scale - This, I also don't know.

If you could buy me a ticket too Griff, it would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Years
I'm directing this question to mods here in general, but would it be okay for me to open a temporary free Pokerus service?

I'm still contemplating about this, by the way, because I don't know if my friends list is going to be full or not, which could cause some complications. I really think maximum friends should be much higher than 100.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
If you're only giving Pokemon with Pokerus away that'll be fine. You can make a giveaway thread in Trade Plaza to do all your trades in. And if you fill up your friends list you can delete some that you don't need anymore to make room for more. Also, when you're done with it you can contact one of us mods and we can close it for you. Hope this answers your question. :)

Years
If you're only giving Pokemon with Pokerus away that'll be fine. You can make a giveaway thread in Trade Plaza to do all your trades in. And if you fill up your friends list you can delete some that you don't need anymore to make room for more. Also, when you're done with it you can contact one of us mods and we can close it for you. Hope this answers your question. :)

Thanks for answering my question. And yeah, it'll be exactly as it sounds, a giveaway.

I'm aware of the fact that I can delete friends off of my list without them knowing, but I still don't understand why the friend limit is so small. Step it up, Nintendo.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Yeah that part sucks, but it's better than in previous generations. You win some you lose some. But overall, trading is really nice in this gen and easy to do. No more running to the nearest Pokecenter to trade. \o/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2014
I'm currently breeding Shuppets, and I'm wondering - what do people find desirable in Shuppet? What 5 IVs would be preferable, what nature, and what egg moves if any?

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I'm chain breeding for a goomy. I want my final goomy to be shiny with an IV spread of 31/xx/31/31/31/31 with gooey nature. I think I want a timid nature. But I'm trying to breed a female goomy with gooey that can help me with this as the father is a japanese timid charmander with an iv spread of 31/xx/31/xx/31/31.

Years
Sitting on about 130 espurr trying to mm a shiny one.
This has been a nightmare with all the ups and downs, XD.
Everytime a egg hatches I get excited just to be let down. This can strenuous on an old man, XD

I'm currently breeding Shuppets, and I'm wondering - what do people find desirable in Shuppet? What 5 IVs would be preferable, what nature, and what egg moves if any?

Well I'm not the best to answer anything like this, but I will tell you what I do. I google the pokemons name + smogon and look at the competitive builds they suggest to get a jump start on things. That could help you decide moves, natures, iv's, etc etc.
Hope this helped ya and wasn't too late.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Trying to breed a shiny Eevee but I lost count after a few hundred eggs. D: Giving away all the Eevees I've hatched since they're all 4 and 5 IVs and I don't want to release them lol

By the way, bank is being released in America in 3 days for those who don't know :D

Years
Just got my first bank pokemon today. A mudkip. It was a Christmas gift from natsu dragneel. I was wondering what my first one was going to be.

Update on the mming,still nothing but I finally decided to finish the looker missions to get hatching power. Lvl 3 plus a flame body pokemon is nuts, gotta love these o- powers.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Just got my first bank pokemon today. A mudkip. It was a Christmas gift from natsu dragneel. I was wondering what my first one was going to be.

Update on the mming,still nothing but I finally decided to finish the looker missions to get hatching power. Lvl 3 plus a flame body pokemon is nuts, gotta love these o- powers.

Finish Looker mission for Hatch Power? I haven't done any Looker mission and have the Hatch Power.

Besides for that I'm posting to tell everybody I just hatched my Charmander I've been working on!! It's Female, Timid has Blaze and the 31/x/31/31/31/31. In a Premier Ball no less.

The only way to make it more perfect for me is it being Shiny and having a 0 Atk IV. Regardless I'm excited.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Wow nice Charmander! Bank being released has revived trade again lol GTS offers are ridiculous though. I got my first bank mon by trading an extra Icy Snow Vivillion I had for an Xerneas and then trading the Xerneas for a Totodile. Lots of fun :D

For the hatching o-power you have to have max style, which you can get easily by buying Pokeballs from the Pokeball Boutique place (forgot name) one at a time.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
5IV Piplup - JPN
4IV Porygon - JPN
3IV Treecko

I'm only missing Tepig and Oshawott for a full starter set. No Legendary used. Just got a free Mudkip, bred and traded for Chimchar, traded a few with EV and got all set. I'm not missing anything I was using and got some great Pokemon.

Anybody know where I can find a list of whether a Polemon's Hidden Ability has been released? I need to figure out which aren't released so I can stop hunting for them.

EDIT: Starter set complete. Tomorrow I'll start hunting for those I can't catch on Black 2 myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back