• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you program?

Sorvete

Novice
Years
If so, what languages are you most fond of?

I used to learn C in school, and will start messing around with Java soon. Had a bit of Python as well (but that was just arbitrary).

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Yeah, I'm a pro software engineer. This year's going to be pretty wicked with some of the stuff I'm making at work!

I spent several years learning how to use various development stacks, including native C/C++ (Windows and Linux), web development with Node.js, and .NET development with C♯, but after a point I ran out of stuff I thought would be worth learning. From there I learned a lot about the science and engineering behind code, since it let me take my job a step up in difficulty.

I've recently started learning Haskell as an intro to functional programming too, since it seems pretty good for certain projects I'm interested in that involve radio waves, satellites and meteorology.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I learned Dreamweaver back in high school and I don't remember a single thing about it. Does that count?

Last edited:

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
Basic stuff. I have plans to go in-depth soon though, since I find programming very fun.

(I only have C, Java, and Python on my plate as well)

Last edited:

Yotes

GameDev
Years
C# and Unity because I'm crazy like that.

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-09%2Bat%2B12.17.13%2BAM.png

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
Fortran and Matlab, as it is required for university.

Java (and HTML, if you count that here :P) as a side thing.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I know a small number of languages, not limited to:

- PHP (To a degree, there's a lot more to learn though)
- JS (Same as above)
- C/C++ (I bundle these together because of similarity, but I am well aware they are vastly different languages)
- C# (This is my current language of choice right now)
- Java (I know this but I choose to just not use it because eew)
- x86 assembly (For when I want a good challenge)

I'm almost done a diploma in Comp Sci right now, and I'm working on a project in C# for one of my two jobs right now, so that's been fun. I've also dabbed in Python, Z80 assembly, and ARM assembly, but I'd like to keep going and learn some more of those.

Additionally we have a really sweet coding chat thread if you all wanna join in!
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=367308

Last edited:

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
BSCS so the usual C++,C,C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, Javascript, Perl, and Prolog.
My favorite has to be Java or C# because the code writes itself.
My least favorite is Ruby or PHP.
Honorable mention to my favorites has to be LISP (particularly the Racket dist), because parentheses are cool.

I used to code in IBM 360 because the school requires assembly experience.
Finally, R is a great language that I highly recommend for anyone who is approaching computer science from a mathematical and research perspective rather than a business and IT perspective. If you are planning on going to graduate school for CS or related, you won't be sorry that you know it. I was able to use it to create charts to include in my ACM paper and get it successfully published (probably more on the content I wrote than the figures but judges like nice figures).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I've messed around with a lot of languages and have a pretty big list of those that I want to get really good at someday.

Currently I'm using:
- Delphi (for work)
- Java (for school, otherwise it can go to hell for all I care)
- D (at home, but haven't done anything with it in a while)
- Haskell (I still suck at it, but it's just way to fascinating)
- Python 3 (preferred scripting language)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 11, 2018
Yup. I'm currently majoring in EECS so there's C and some Python in there.

While I've also dabbled a bit with most programming languages, I rather like Rust and Haskell (yes, I'm an FP fan, can't you tell?). Nowadays I've been messing with LÖVE (Lua) for making games.

Also, I'd like to forget that Matlab is a thing. Sadly, I don't think I'm succeeding.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Considering I just got my second bachelor degree in Internet Systems Development, I guess you could say I'm qualified as a full-stack developer. Web development stuff is my favourite, but I dunno about how much job potential there is for that here, so I'm hoping that my knowledge of C++, C#, and Java (including android development) will carry me through. I taught myself jQuery, and a bit of javascript and node.js, too. I'm still in the camp that loves PHP development, too. :') And I enjoy building stuff from scratch, rather than use a framework or template as a base.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
Yep! I recently finished my bachelor in Information Technology majoring in Software Development. I'm pretty confident in the following:
  • HTML, CSS, JS
  • Vue, React
  • PHP
  • Java
  • Perl, Python

Right now I'm trying to refine my web development stills and am focusing on React / Redux quite a bit. I enjoy front-end the most, but honestly the money isn't really there.

Back