• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Years
Hello there!
I´m having a problem/bug/whatever. Every time i want to Mega Evolve my Blaziken (it´s the only one I tried to mega evolve as a test) the animation goes well until my game freezes on the phrase "the Blazikenite is reacting to blah blah" Just like this(not allowed to post images yet)
http://imgur.com/4QhJZSr

btw, very good rombase! i will use it a lot for my hack.
Thanks for the help in advance!

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I will test this and see what's the occurring problem

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Still no fix for the weird evolution table?

Can u show me or test rather if the evolutions for some of the mons still work in game I will get to fixing the evolution table but If this is happening in a program then test in game because what the program says may not actually be true

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
It just happens in a program like PGE or 3GHS. In-game it works well, but how do I change evolutions then?

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
Question - I might have missed this somewhere. Does this have JPAN's patch built in or is it the original game with all scripts/events, but with the new pokemon added to the pokedex?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
this does not have JPAN haked engine built in and also i fixed the hydration bug thanks to NewDenverCity and i fixed the Eviolite bug as well thanks to him as well

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Hello, guys! I have a problem... When I click on the Unown forms or a free pokemon (???????) my PGE crash (InvalidArgument=Value '0')... I edit the other pokemon normally, but only when I click those cited it happens. Does anyone know how to solve? I am using the rombase beta 2.1 (1460 no Megas)

(And sorry for my horrible english!)

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Hello, guys! I have a problem... When I click on the Unown forms or a free pokemon (???????) my PGE crash (InvalidArgument=Value '0')... I edit the other pokemon normally, but only when I click those cited it happens. Does anyone know how to solve? I am using the rombase beta 2.1 (1460 no Megas)

(And sorry for my horrible english!)
It's because the ???? Spots have no move data or any kind of data for that matter u need to add them yourself with other programs or you can ask Gamer2020 how to do it

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
PokeFreak890, When I open... I think it's that 1460 beta2.5? Anyways when I open it (after applying it to a fresh FireRed v1.1 rom) in programs like TEE3 (TypeEffectivenessEditor3) I see this > http://imgur.com/a/4pkGw < and I was wondering, are those were types that are able to be created/edited or do they NEED remain blank?

If u mean the white squares then I think that means it's neutral but the types u see currently were the ones already in the base because of MRDS patch and I think you can edit them if u want but I don't know how

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
The base you're using I'm pretty sure Megas are included but u can check just to make sure

Years
So Pokemon that (I think) evolve through Link Cable and certain Pokemon with Megas (the Kanto starters load fine but Alakazam crashes the program) don't work with PGE, and I think its the items used to evolve them that are the problem. The items like Link Box I guess are supposed to function like evolutionary stones, but the Pokemon that evolve with the Dusk Stone (I tried Murkrow and Misdreavus for instance) work just fine, so I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. I even tried editing the Link Box to function like a stone but to no avail.

To others who have managed to fix this issue, will simply removing the added evolution methods work? I'm a bit curious on that front. I don't know how to remove the broken items from the game at all, or even how to edit the Pokemon via hex-editing to change the evolutionary method.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
Everytime I try oopening my rom in PGE it opens it fine but when i try using anything like pokemon editor or item editor, etc. It gives my an error, non negative value required or something along those lines, is there anything I can do? All the ini are correct.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Everytime I try oopening my rom in PGE it opens it fine but when i try using anything like pokemon editor or item editor, etc. It gives my an error, non negative value required or something along those lines, is there anything I can do? All the ini are correct.

Is your INI in the same place as your rom and is it named the exact same as your rom?

Edit: My computer broke that had all of my fire red stuff in it so sadly I cant upload beta 1.1a with fixed movesets but I got a new computer so that's all good ill get started on fixing the moves again soon I just need either another fire red copy that already has the move fixes or I have to go back into my backups in dropbox

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2017
What kind of Fire Red rom did you use? Whenever I patched the 1020 version onto Squirrels I got the first frame of the intro repeating and Independent has the control screen have some glitched graphics and the game booting into the intro again.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
it dosent matter what rom it is as long as its version 1.0 and can you show me how youre patching it?

Back