• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Gundam-Fighter

Look at the ickle Rhydon!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 1, 2009
This is the best I've needed something like this for ages as I had no idea how to edit Pokedex entries Thank you so much!

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
wow, this is sooo helpful. you cant edit texts on elite map's dexter.

NeoS

Mexican Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
Hello! i think. This Tool is much better than the Pokemon Amplifier. Congratulations!

Neslug

Overgrown Slug
Years
YAPE is the best Pokémon ROM hacking program I have ever used and I only found it about three days ago. Yes, it's that good.

I'm really looking forward to any and all tools you might make in the future.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
The other day I was bored and made a Spanish translation.
Files should be in a folder named es-es in the data folder.
[ES-ES]
Name = Español (España)
CommonVals = data\es-es\commonvals.ini
Strings = data\es-es\strings.ini
Help = data\en-us\yape-help.chm

I also started a help file in txt but it's not finished, anyways I'm including it.
The help contains the same text as the english one but with some notes like "english help has pictures" and "where I say rubí, zafiro ..I actually mean ruby, sapphire... i.e. the english versions".
I started it in txt because I don't know how to make *.chm files.

By the way, the program doesn't pic the Misc. Data title from the strings.ini? It stays the same even If I put Miscelánea.

Attachments

• commonvals.ini
    2.6 KB · Views: 19
  • strings.ini
    5.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Ayuda de YAPE.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 19

Lord Skall

Zeik Tuvai
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
This is a great tool, but would it be possible to add a search feature to search for which Pokèmon could learn a certain move?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
It doesn't work with my rom :(
Anyway, apart from that it looks really good! ;)
Keep up the good work. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
I try to run it but it said i need the right version of the NET Framework so where do i get it?

StuckOnExile

Can't think of a clever subnic
Years
I really like this program. I used a few other evolution editors to make my Fire Red hack to change Clamperl's evolutions. The other programs wouldn't accept my changes. But this program worked perfectly! I really like it! Thank you for making this program.

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
Years
When I opened the editor for the first time, I got this message:

whatstheproblem.png

why do i need it, and where do I download it

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
thank you for this tool.. this thing is amazing.. it is not just yet another pokemon editor, its the best pokemon editor

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Wow. Best 3rd Gen Pokemon Editor EVER!

I can't wait till it has a Pokedex order changer though, neither of Sebbe's ones works. (It makes the pokemon #000)

Years
lol. Downloaded it, tried it. It is awesome. Turned squirtle into piplup (everything, including the pokedex). I need to learn how to index images, cuz i deleted my piplup hack in fustration after not being able transfer Empoleon sprites.

Back