• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Nvm about flash, I found it and think I've completed all the gyms and the BBB, The Sages are the only thing left. I've found 2 pages in that book about eevee evolutions, is there more to find in the current patch? Lastly is there only one orb to find in the current beta and what exactly do I do after I've found it or is that the end of the beta? Thanks in advance, and I love this hack, one of the best I've played. I'm going to play through 1 or 2 more times to try find most (if not all) of the hidden items and TMs. If it's not to much trouble could you send me a list to check off because I will possibly make a written walkthrough.
There are 4 pages in Beta 3 in all. The beta ends in Brightbulb City so if you've already gotten an orb too, there is not much you can do expect for try to beat the Grand Tower and Fisherman Dustin (Magikarp trainer) if you want to.

You should be able to open the rom file with Johtomap to see where different kinds of events are located and what you may have missed.

I don't know if I already said this, but this hack is truly impressive, I can only think of two or three other Pokemon hacks that meet this level of Scripting and ASM prowess. I never would have expected a hack like this from you, though. I mean, seeing your other hacks, I expected great mapping and various other elements, but the scripting and ASM is mindblowingly good, especially from the PoV of someone who dabbles in both. Have you been practicing in secret?
Thanks!
Well, Ultimate End was the last minor edit I finished and that was around 3 years ago. After that, I've been studying how to rom hack in general and have gotten pretty good at it. So no, I haven't been practising in secret but haven't published any complete rom hacks since Ultimate End came out.

Dark Future was too re-started two times. This was first a Crystal hack and then a Gold hack. Google the original threads if you like to see what the hack once looked like.

Just wanted to drop by and offer my sympathies that Snakewood is beating you out for HOTQ. I played Snakewood and enjoyed it, but I voted for you. :)

The progress looks great, and I'll find time to try Beta 3.1 and report back soon, honest. :D
I know :D
While I saw kkj1116 edit his post about praising Dark Future over to the two other hacks and make it compare Snakewood more and more to it, I realized something. What you can see in Beta 3.1 doesn't give you an idea of what the complete hack is going to be. One person in the thread said that "if Dark Future was complete, it would be kicking some butt right now", and I so much agreed with this. I know how the up-coming events are going to be but after thinking about what Beta 3.1 offers the player, I'm a little bit disappointed in making it like that.
You'll be hunting Elemental Orbs while carrying out a mission to go to meet some archeologists in Rocky Mountain because of some ancient text that has something to do with The Crisis. And that's that (yet you can't do a thing about this than finding one orb during the beta).

I've a well-planned storyline for the hack but the player won't notice what (s)he's going to miss if quitted playing before reaching Rocky Mountain. That's the point when the game really begins.

More and more reason for me to delay releasing the next beta before at least including Rocky Mountain to it. And getting that far is going to take a long time indeed.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
While I saw kkj1116 edit his post about praising Dark Future over to the two other hacks and make it compare Snakewood more and more to it, I realized something. What you can see in Beta 3.1 doesn't give you an idea of what the complete hack is going to be. One person in the thread said that "if Dark Future was complete, it would be kicking some butt right now", and I so much agreed with this.
The same could be said for Crystal Dust right now. It will be a complete hack of Crystal ported to Emerald, and I know a couple of the future plans (not much mind) and know the potential things that could be done (such as adding new trainers that give you stuff in Kanto, adding the starters to the grass in Kanto, adding new legendaries not in G/S/C in their original forms, i.e. Gen. III, and find a home for Mew...things like that), which gives it the vote for me. The storyline can continue in Kanto with Team Aqua or Team Magma showing up, giving reason for Groudon and Kyogre to come into the Crystal World. There is so much potential.

Cyclone

Years
miksy91, I gotta say: This is one of the best. I remember playing the Crystal version, but this is a lot better. I loved the parts where the music stopped. You knew something was coming. I was kinda sad the beta ended so fast, but that's ok. Keep it up!

miksy91

Years
The same could be said for Crystal Dust right now. It will be a complete hack of Crystal ported to Emerald, and I know a couple of the future plans (not much mind) and know the potential things that could be done (such as adding new trainers that give you stuff in Kanto, adding the starters to the grass in Kanto, adding new legendaries not in G/S/C in their original forms, i.e. Gen. III, and find a home for Mew...things like that), which gives it the vote for me. The storyline can continue in Kanto with Team Aqua or Team Magma showing up, giving reason for Groudon and Kyogre to come into the Crystal World. There is so much potential.

Cyclone
Perhaps getting a little off-topic but I just felt like saying I respect your opinion here.

miksy91, I gotta say: This is one of the best. I remember playing the Crystal version, but this is a lot better. I loved the parts where the music stopped. You knew something was coming. I was kinda sad the beta ended so fast, but that's ok. Keep it up!
Thanks! Beta 3 wasn't that big so I'm going to make the next one a lot bigger: basically, I'll include a lot more gameplay and give a major part to the storyline in the hack.

About the storyline, here's a video I happened to upload in youtube although didn't think it was even a good thing to record it. It may show a bit too much of the gameplay and reveal more about the Elemental Orbs and other storyline related stuff that you could find out in Beta 3. Simply, if you want to know what will be going on in the next release, check it out.

y0r124

EpicTrainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Hello Miksy91 , This is great hack, I like it
But I want to ask , What is the password to the abandoned Search Center ??

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
This is my first time playing a ROM hack of a Pokemon game, and after having clocked in a couple of hours, I really like it! The biggest thing I've noticed is how nonlinear the game feels. Making the Gyms optional made quite a difference, and the point where my character reminds me that I should challenge the first Gym was a nice touch. The selection of wild Pokemon in the early routes is really nice, too. I like how I'm not just fighting your standard fare of birds and rodents in the first few minutes of the game; I mean, I understand why the official games do this, and that is to slowly introduce you to all the different Pokemon types, but I much prefer having more varied options available to me right away like you've done here. Though I suppose it makes more sense here, since you start with a Normal-type, so your team already needs to be strengthened with more type variety.

Something I'd like to suggest that I found as I was starting out leveling up my Pokemon is how I think it would be better if "Heal Pokemon" was the first option your mom gives you. It's only because chances are good that players aren't going to be asking her to save/not save their money nearly as often as they'll ask her to heal their Pokemon. It's just quicker, I think. Another thing that I think should be looked at is how some message boxes don't appear until you press A; since most of the choice-based message boxes in the game appear right after dialogue, it can be slightly disorienting at times. Also, I've been noticing a lot of typos and grammatical errors (i.e. "Accurary") throughout the game, but it's not anything important. Worry about that stuff until after you've finished everything in the game; I'm just a little bit of a grammar nut, that's all, haha! ^_^

Speaking of stats, I like how you've renamed some of the stats to things like "Strength" and "Intelligence"; they sound much more elegant than "Attack" and "Special Attack." It's just a more effective way of saying that a Pokemon's physical attacks are determined by physical strength or that its intelligence is high enough to resist magic/elemental-based attacks, and I just find that neat. Also, really digging the difficulty level of the game. So far, you've done a good job encouraging progress and discouraging grinding; it's something I didn't encounter much in the official games.

So, in all, just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this so far! :)

Years
Hello. I just wanted to say, it's really, really great hack, and I'm really, really enjoyed playing this ;) GBC generation is my favorite, so this is another good thing.
Good luck on next releases !

miksy91

Years
Hello Miksy91 , This is great hack, I like it
But I want to ask , What is the password to the abandoned Search Center ??
Thanks! Check the FAQ next time before posting a question (which goes for everyone else too).

Hello. I just wanted to say, it's really, really great hack, and I'm really, really enjoyed playing this ;) GBC generation is my favorite, so this is another good thing.
Good luck on next releases !
Thank you!

This is my first time playing a ROM hack of a Pokemon game, and after having clocked in a couple of hours, I really like it! The biggest thing I've noticed is how nonlinear the game feels. Making the Gyms optional made quite a difference, and the point where my character reminds me that I should challenge the first Gym was a nice touch. The selection of wild Pokemon in the early routes is really nice, too. I like how I'm not just fighting your standard fare of birds and rodents in the first few minutes of the game; I mean, I understand why the official games do this, and that is to slowly introduce you to all the different Pokemon types, but I much prefer having more varied options available to me right away like you've done here. Though I suppose it makes more sense here, since you start with a Normal-type, so your team already needs to be strengthened with more type variety.

Something I'd like to suggest that I found as I was starting out leveling up my Pokemon is how I think it would be better if "Heal Pokemon" was the first option your mom gives you. It's only because chances are good that players aren't going to be asking her to save/not save their money nearly as often as they'll ask her to heal their Pokemon. It's just quicker, I think. Another thing that I think should be looked at is how some message boxes don't appear until you press A; since most of the choice-based message boxes in the game appear right after dialogue, it can be slightly disorienting at times. Also, I've been noticing a lot of typos and grammatical errors (i.e. "Accurary") throughout the game, but it's not anything important. Worry about that stuff until after you've finished everything in the game; I'm just a little bit of a grammar nut, that's all, haha! ^_^

Speaking of stats, I like how you've renamed some of the stats to things like "Strength" and "Intelligence"; they sound much more elegant than "Attack" and "Special Attack." It's just a more effective way of saying that a Pokemon's physical attacks are determined by physical strength or that its intelligence is high enough to resist magic/elemental-based attacks, and I just find that neat. Also, really digging the difficulty level of the game. So far, you've done a good job encouraging progress and discouraging grinding; it's something I didn't encounter much in the official games.

So, in all, just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this so far! :)
Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it.

Switching "Heal pokemon" and "Money saving" options is no big deal and I guess you're right that they could be the other way around.

About YES/NO boxes, now that you mentioned it, I noticed that Gamefreak designed scripts involving this option in a different way than I did. In these kind of scripts in Beta 3, there is always a useless command that requires player to push A button before displaying the YES/NO box which can easily be taken out. I'll be fixing this for later releases.

And what comes to typos and grammatical errors, the beginning of the game likely has more of those than what you see later on. You see, I'm not from North-America or UK like you might assume by the quality of text. Related to that, I think I'm doing very good with grammar which I'm actually taking this in notice while planning what kind of text to input; every time I'm unsure how to say a certain thing (a word or a short sentence) I often use a net wordbook as help. When the hack gets released and someone wants to fix all these grammatical errors for me, I'll probably let him/her to do so too.

By the way, nice to hear that you like new "stat names". I don't think I've gotten critique by using them this far but no one has mentioned them being a good thing either.

Still, thanks for the feedback and feel free to post something related to the hack as you get further on with the story. The further you get, the better the hack gets too (my skills have improved a lot since I started this hack).

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Not going to change it unless there will be more complaining about it. I really like the way it is right now.
I forgot to reply to this (from a few days ago) in my other reply. I'll comment on this.

If a move cannot be legitimately learned by any Pokémon used by the player (including TMs, breeding, and any legitimate means), then it should not be learned by any opposing identical Pokémon either. I've reviewed the data for Tentacruel in replying to this, and it learns no Electric moves at all; in fact, Tentacruel is WEAK to Electric moves, so just using such a move should shock it into a coma.

Giving a Tentacruel Thunder is an illegally learned move regardless of the reason and does nothing to increase the challenge of the battle as you're likely fighting using an Electric type, so I recommend that change if I may.

Cyclone

Blue Emerald

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
I forgot to reply to this (from a few days ago) in my other reply. I'll comment on this.

If a move cannot be legitimately learned by any Pokémon used by the player (including TMs, breeding, and any legitimate means), then it should not be learned by any opposing identical Pokémon either. I've reviewed the data for Tentacruel in replying to this, and it learns no Electric moves at all; in fact, Tentacruel is WEAK to Electric moves, so just using such a move should shock it into a coma.

Giving a Tentacruel Thunder is an illegally learned move regardless of the reason and does nothing to increase the challenge of the battle as you're likely fighting using an Electric type, so I recommend that change if I may.

Cyclone
In response to this, since your data comes from Bulbapedia, I would advise not putting much faith in it, since this is a ROM hack, and movesets can be changed from the official ones to allow for new attacks, such as giving Metapod Headbutt.

In regards to Tentacruel, while I think it's great that it can learn Electric moves (since it is a jellyfish and being able to shock its prey is a believable trait), I also have to agree that it doesn't seem like it would increase the challenge factor; even if it's not an Electric-type, it's still weak to Ground moves. If you had a Jolteon or Pikachu with Dig (I assume Pikachu can learn it in this hack, even though I haven't caught one yet), you could avoid Electric hits and still deal super-effective damage on everything. Personally, I think Lanturn would be a stronger replacement, since it can hit more things super-effectively, it gains STAB for its Electric moves, but while it has lower stats (save for HP) and is not as resistant as Tentacruel, it is weak to fewer types.

That is, unless you chose Tentacruel primarily because it's much faster, thus harder to get a hit in on it, in which case I can see why it works.

[EDIT] Also, I'm in the Grass Gym right now; I noticed you automated the staircase to push the character in given directions depending on where he steps on it. I get the feeling this was meant to be an escalator, but I'd think it would be faster to let the player character manually run across the steps on either side without a scripted event that forces him to walk up/down them. I'm not saying it was a bad thing to do, it's a neat trick! :) I'm just saying it doesn't have a practical use in this situation.

And what comes to typos and grammatical errors, the beginning of the game likely has more of those than what you see later on. You see, I'm not from North-America or UK like you might assume by the quality of text. Related to that, I think I'm doing very good with grammar which I'm actually taking this in notice while planning what kind of text to input; every time I'm unsure how to say a certain thing (a word or a short sentence) I often use a net wordbook as help. When the hack gets released and someone wants to fix all these grammatical errors for me, I'll probably let him/her to do so too.
Ah, I see. I would be happy to volunteer with the proofreading when the time comes to release the game. :) I could also probably come up with some new extra dialogue for some of the trainers, since I noticed some didn't have any post-battle overworld dialogue after you beat them.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
In response to this, since your data comes from Bulbapedia, I would advise not putting much faith in it, since this is a ROM hack, and movesets can be changed from the official ones to allow for new attacks, such as giving Metapod Headbutt.
I will concede the point. My data does come from Bulbapedia, and I did not consider some hacks adding new moves in in places in the evolutionary lines. My point still stands, however; if Tentacruel cannot learn Thunder, then an opposing one should not have Thunder.

Cyclone

miksy91

Years
No quote here because of most of the posting being about pokemon with special moves they shouldn't learn. There are Aipom with Extremespeed, Metapod with Headbutt, that Tentacruel with Thunder (and Night Shade maybe?) and perhaps more which I can't remember at the moment. All in all, these changes work (somewhat) but I'll be taking a look at them later and how to make them work better. The most reasonable way would be removing those moves from these pokemon but I think I'll make them learn them through TMs instead. This is just one of the things I have never been "worried" of because I simply don't mind having to battle a pokemon like that and seeing it knows moves it probably should be able to learn in certain circumstances but doesn't. If you take a look at Pokemon Stadium for instance, there is Fire Blast Machamp (which is what I believe one knows) along with many more combinations like that.

But yeah, this is not one of the "first things to do" in my list but I'll get to it eventually. There should be a change to this in the next beta.

EDIT:
Too much work to implement properly. There are loads of "impossible" combinations around: Quick Attack Spearow, Pikachu with Jump Kick, Blastoise with Take Down.... You see, there is very little space (without relocating lots of assembly code) for adding new moves for pokemon to learn and I'm not a real fanatic either and can't simply remember whether Tm Jump Kick exists in the game and can Pikachu really learn it or not. Same way, I believe TM Quick Attack doesn't exist yet one Spearow knows it but what's the big deal about it? I'll try to remove all the "cheat" combinations which simply don't work. No one wants to see a Pidgeotto with a Blizzard or something close to that but if there is a Delibird with a Drill Peck, I'd be absolutely fine to see something like this in a hack. I'm not Gamefreak Inc. and not creating a game with everything at its finest. Checking that every move combination works perfectly or making them work if needed is too much to ask. As I wrote a couple of lines above though, I'll be taking a look if I can find "cheats" around and fixing them. By the way, I just made it so Metapod can be taught Headbutt which also goes for Tentacruel with Thunder.

Also, I'm in the Grass Gym right now; I noticed you automated the staircase to push the character in given directions depending on where he steps on it. I get the feeling this was meant to be an escalator, but I'd think it would be faster to let the player character manually run across the steps on either side without a scripted event that forces him to walk up/down them. I'm not saying it was a bad thing to do, it's a neat trick! :) I'm just saying it doesn't have a practical use in this situation.
Running was implemented way later and at that time, you could have walked up the stairs as fast as you could be "lifted up". I don't think this needs a change although it's possible to run in buildings indeed (and this feature does have a use in another gym, like also in this one by splitting up two types of floors tiles from another).

You see, there is no script that moves you up when stepping on a certain part of the stairs. The tile (or properly said, block consisting of 2x2 tiles) itself is made to do that effect with a code that is called when you step on it so I'd have to make another type of stairs-tile for not automatical moving. When left part of stairs block is accessed, player walks one step up and when right part, one step down.

Ah, I see. I would be happy to volunteer with the proofreading when the time comes to release the game. :) I could also probably come up with some new extra dialogue for some of the trainers, since I noticed some didn't have any post-battle overworld dialogue after you beat them.
Interestingly enough, another person just PMed me about this already and I told he could help me out. I won't be needing two people fixing the grammar though so in case he's going to do it, I'd have to say no for now :\

If you want to plan something for the people to say after battle who currently say:

1) What they said before the battle
2) When they lost
feel free to help. You could PM me in which Area the trainer is and what he should say instead and I'll implement those changes.

Last edited:

Blue Emerald

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
No quote here because of most of the posting being about pokemon with special moves they shouldn't learn. There are Aipom with Extremespeed, Metapod with Headbutt, that Tentacruel with Thunder (and Night Shade maybe?) and perhaps more which I can't remember at the moment. All in all, these changes work (somewhat) but I'll be taking a look at them later and how to make them work better. The most reasonable way would be removing those moves from these pokemon but I think I'll make them learn them through TMs instead. This is just one of the things I have never been "worried" of because I simply don't mind having to battle a pokemon like that and seeing it knows moves it probably should be able to learn in certain circumstances but doesn't. If you take a look at Pokemon Stadium for instance, there is Fire Blast Machamp (which is what I believe one knows) along with many more combinations like that.

But yeah, this is not one of the "first things to do" in my list but I'll get to it eventually. There should be a change to this in the next beta.

EDIT:
Too much work to implement properly. There are loads of "impossible" combinations around: Quick Attack Spearow, Pikachu with Jump Kick, Blastoise with Take Down.... You see, there is very little space (without relocating lots of assembly code) for adding new moves for pokemon to learn and I'm not a real fanatic either and can't simply remember whether Tm Jump Kick exists in the game and can Pikachu really learn it or not. Same way, I believe TM Quick Attack doesn't exist yet one Spearow knows it but what's the big deal about it? I'll try to remove all the "cheat" combinations which simply don't work. No one wants to see a Pidgeotto with a Blizzard or something close to that but if there is a Delibird with a Drill Peck, I'd be absolutely fine to see something like this in a hack. I'm not Gamefreak Inc. and not creating a game with everything at its finest. Checking that every move combination works perfectly or making them work if needed is too much to ask. As I wrote a couple of lines above though, I'll be taking a look if I can find "cheats" around and fixing them. By the way, I just made it so Metapod can be taught Headbutt which also goes for Tentacruel with Thunder.
I'm personally okay with battling against Pokemon that are one-of-a-kind and can do things they normally can't do. I mean, the player character gets a talking Eevee, and encounters other Pokemon through unique situations. So who's to say your character should be the only one allowed to have unique and interesting creatures? Other RPGs are like that too, where you'll sometimes encounter things that are out of the ordinary. Plus, it makes the game more surprising by throwing unexpected stuff your way, and I've been enjoying this element of the game.

For example (spoilered for others to discover):
Spoiler:
Pikachu with Jump Kick works because it's a nimble Pokemon, and it already can learn some kick moves, but this particular one makes it tougher for slower Rock/Ground-types to take it out as easily. And a Blastoise with Take Down makes sense because it could already learn the move in Gen I. Same with Quick Attack Spearow through breeding. ;)

I say keep the Pokemon with the unique moves, so long as the Pokemon looks like it's capable of using those moves; it has made for an interesting challenge. :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2016
Hey,

I played the Beta 3 and I really enjoyed it. Probably one of the best Rom Hacks ever!

I am also going to make a Let's play of this game if you want (It will be commented in english, of course giving links like this thread and stuff :D, maybe even playing the game in 200% speed so the videos won't be too long).

Also those "special" attacks to other pokemons which you gave them are amazing, I mean it's not abd to see a Tentacruel with Thunder, it's nice and more challenging!

miksy91

Years
I'm personally okay with battling against Pokemon that are one-of-a-kind and can do things they normally can't do. I mean, the player character gets a talking Eevee, and encounters other Pokemon through unique situations. So who's to say your character should be the only one allowed to have unique and interesting creatures? Other RPGs are like that too, where you'll sometimes encounter things that are out of the ordinary. Plus, it makes the game more surprising by throwing unexpected stuff your way, and I've been enjoying this element of the game.

I say keep the Pokemon with the unique moves, so long as the Pokemon looks like it's capable of using those moves; it has made for an interesting challenge. :)
Thanks, I will.
There will be those who don't like it but good to hear some like that feature too.

Hey,

I played the Beta 3 and I really enjoyed it. Probably one of the best Rom Hacks ever!

I am also going to make a Let's play of this game if you want (It will be commented in english, of course giving links like this thread and stuff :D, maybe even playing the game in 200% speed so the videos won't be too long).

Also those "special" attacks to other pokemons which you gave them are amazing, I mean it's not abd to see a Tentacruel with Thunder, it's nice and more challenging!

Feel free to start a let's play if you want. I don't really want you to do it but if you do, I may watch the videos and check what you've to say about it. About 200% speed, you know when to use and when not to (pointing to cutscenes here).

I don't think it makes it more challenging because for instance, the only pokemon Tentacruel uses Thunder against are Flying and Water type I think. But it makes sense for it to know an electric move so that's why it does (which all other Tentacruels won't be able to do).

Progress update!

Progress has gone smoothly after Beta 3 ended and I've most of West-Suden already completed (two towns after Brightbulb City are already added). No screenshots today but I might actually provide the main post with "out of Beta 3" screenshots sometime soon.

Blue Emerald

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
I don't know if you've found this bug yet, but I haven't seen it mentioned here; figured I'd post it just in case. I noticed that the music in Highland Town resets when you enter and exit the Poké Mart.

Also, I gotta say the Highland Town gym has been pretty fun so far. XD Won't spoil how, though!

miksy91

Years
I don't know if you've found this bug yet, but I haven't seen it mentioned here; figured I'd post it just in case. I noticed that the music in Highland Town resets when you enter and exit the Poké Mart.

Also, I gotta say the Highland Town gym has been pretty fun so far. XD Won't spoil how, though!
Actually, there are many bugs in the hack which I haven't reported (this one being one of them). Reason for this is that I don't think reporting them is needed because none of them are game breaking or even harm you in any way. Makes the hack just sound unprofessional being buggy because I've seen others report bugs in their hacks which actually do much more than mine.

Here are pretty much all the bugs of Beta 3.

Code:
-Flying palette (may require ASM)
-That mart music thing (ASM work, haven't found/planned a way to fix it)
-Elemental Orb menu graphics (not really a bug but a minor oddity, should be fixable later)
-Two disappearing scenes (both easily fixable)
-Jin's sprite changes when you're sent out (possibly impossible to fix relating to how his room's map is loaded)
-De-Stone is described as Berry when a pokemon is holding it (ASM work, no idea what to do with this either, I've been searching for a possible routine that's causing it with no results)
-Warp sound (Little girl in The Capital entering her house, fixable)
-Ledge sound (Area 100 during an optional trigger event before visiting Oak, fixable)

There are a couple of more to come for Beta 4 while fixable things of these will also be worked with.

I agree about the unique attacks, I like the idea. It adds surprise and challenge into the game, and it also adds personality to the game and really to pokemon in general, so I hope you choose to continue supporting the idea.
Not going to leave it out then :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I don't question having unique attacks. I agree, it's a nice mix-up. However, it still should be one that can be legally learned. Why not look at the Egg moves and assign one of them (or two if they come from the same father) to the opposing Pokémon? Poison Jab/Water Pulse/Muddy Water/Tickle, for example, is a legitimate moveset because Omastar could legitimately be the father, and it would even support having that in the party if you wanted to include it; meanwhile, Poison Jab/Water Pulse/Muddy Water/Confuse Ray is NOT legitimate as you need two fathers to pull it off (I don't think it gets passed from a mother that knows it as an Egg move).

You could also use a Move Tutor move, like Sleep Talk, so if you put it to sleep it can still attack you or Tickle you into weakness. Any of these can be legit., even a full four moves from that list (though unnatural).

I for one do not personally believe a Pokémon can suddenly learn Thunder because it lives in an electrical environment. If a Pokémon cannot learn a move, it cannot learn a move. If, however, surprise moves are thrown in like breeding moves and move tutor moves (in the former case having the father in the party is an excellent support for it as well), then I'm all for it.

Cyclone

Back