• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
I have looked for a Cry changer tool but I can't find it. PokéCryGUI didn't work and "killed" my hack, thanx to god I made a backup.

A little post above a guy was asking for this but someone told him to fin that tool on Toolbox. But I think he thought he was talking about the TittleScreenCryChanger.

So the question is: Where can I find a Cry changer tool? (if there's a way to change the cries).
I saw a video on youtube: something like "Iconmon" and his pokes had other cries.

Another question: I've got an error on Advance Map, it says "Advance Map error (5)" something like that and tells me that the map offset is not a pointer. If I didn't explain well, i upload a pic to show you my problem.

This is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE8y9oemN8o (copy and paste if doesn't work)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2008
adding new trainers?

I was wondering if its possible create completely new trainers to fight to pokemon ruby sapphire etc instead of just editing the ones already on the game

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
1. It is a level script, so you could possibly remove it with the latest Advance Map or you would require to do it in a hex editor.

2. Part of the titlescreen is at 152, the Rayquaza part in 16 colour mode, The "Emerald Version" part is at 2612 in 256 colour mode, the "Pokemon" part is at 2611 in 256 colour mode and Press Start and Gamefreak are at 2613 in 16 colour mode, but you might need to use Black/White to see it.

THANK_YOU!!!

now, THAT is usefull information :P :P:P

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Use this tool:
Start Map Chooser Advance by: Hackmew

Find the OW with the closest palette, export it and paste your OW into that.
Recolor/resize if needed, and import.

You have to replace the old ones if you want more than 25 fakemon, I'm 99% sure on that.

That could be done with scripting.

The 1% seems a little right, as in the stickied Frequently Asked Questions it said this:

3. It is near-impossible to use ALL the pokemon in any hack.
Why? Because the game only has 25 (98 with the advance versions if you know what you're doing) free slots to add more pokemon. More slots require engine-hacking.

Anyone know anything about Engine Hacking?

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
I've got a problem I have no idea how to figure out: On a certain route in my hack, if you go into the grass in a certain area (or once, going out the door of a house that normally works just fine), after the battle ends or after you step outside the door back unto the route, I suddenly end up controlling a different sprite on the route, while the camera remains locked on my player sprite! My guess is that I have a faulty script somewhere (at the beginning of the route, there's people blocking it that don't go away until you fulfill a certain task - they work fine, but perhaps I did something wrong anyway?), but this glitch is driving me nuts and making me wonder if I have to resort to leaving the route a spriteless wasteland to get it to not glitch up ^^; Has anyone else had this problem and been able to figure it out?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I've got a problem I have no idea how to figure out: On a certain route in my hack, if you go into the grass in a certain area (or once, going out the door of a house that normally works just fine), after the battle ends or after you step outside the door back unto the route, I suddenly end up controlling a different sprite on the route, while the camera remains locked on my player sprite! My guess is that I have a faulty script somewhere (at the beginning of the route, there's people blocking it that don't go away until you fulfill a certain task - they work fine, but perhaps I did something wrong anyway?), but this glitch is driving me nuts and making me wonder if I have to resort to leaving the route a spriteless wasteland to get it to not glitch up ^^; Has anyone else had this problem and been able to figure it out?

I actually had this problem.

My guess is that you used the same flag(setflag and checkflag) in a script, in the same location, that was my problem.
Also, it could be how the script was compiled in a wrong way.
Also, there may be a problem in the movements in AM.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020

Check the events in that route with Advance Map. If there's a sprite whose movement is "Look down", then change it, that's what causes the problem. You can use "No Movement" or other "Look down" options (not the first one),
instead.

raging lion

Veteran Player
Years
Can someone tell me is there a text editor for D/P/P as advanced text editor. I searched but didn't found it. (Sorry if someone had already asked this.)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
[...]
1. It is a level script, so you could possibly remove it with the latest Advance Map or you would require to do it in a hex editor.

Sadly it's not, the whole truck animation is ASM-based.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Can someone tell me is there a text editor for D/P/P as advanced text editor. I searched but didn't found it. (Sorry if someone had already asked this.)

There was one being made a while ago, but I don't know if it ever got completed. It was called "PokeText", search the D/P/P thread for it. ^^

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Hey all. I have 2 more questions.
1. How do I continue a script after a warp? I heard it's called a level script or something.. How would I go about making a level script?

2. In the beginning of Firered, Professor oak is hidden until you try to go into the grass. (meaning his sprite was hidden, it was visible in Advancemap but not in the game itself). I know you are supposed to use the command hidesprite or something like that.. but how on earth was the sprite hidden without there being a script to hide him in the first place?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
2. In the beginning of Firered, Professor oak is hidden until you try to go into the grass. (meaning his sprite was hidden, it was visible in Advancemap but not in the game itself). I know you are supposed to use the command hidesprite or something like that.. but how on earth was the sprite hidden without there being a script to hide him in the first place?

There is a flag (probably others as well) that is set before the game starts, its flag 0x2C. Sprites can be hidden without the use of scripts by their Person ID; if it corresponds with a flag number that has been set that sprite will be hidden upon entering the map.

Hope that makes sense to you ^__^

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
No there is another way to hide people with out level scripts, I can't remember how though.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hiding people is not level script. It's only a matter of flags set and cleared.
In Pallet town, OAK is invisible because his people ID is 002C, which is a flag set at the very beginning of the game.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Thanks guys.. I got it now. I'm trying to learn how to script in XSE but I don't know most of the commands.

anyways, I tried to make a warp script in XSE but it didn't work, I put warp 0x3 0x0 0x2, and it keeps on giving me an error on that line. What am I doing wrong?

Also, for level scripts, do I have to set a flag for the script not to happen again like any other script?

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Thanks guys.. I got it now. I'm trying to learn how to script in XSE but I don't know most of the commands.

anyways, I tried to make a warp script in XSE but it didn't work, I put warp 0x3 0x0 0x2, and it keeps on giving me an error on that line. What am I doing wrong?

Also, for level scripts, do I have to set a flag for the script not to happen again like any other script?

The warp command should be like this:

warp 0x3 0x0 0x2 0x0 0x0

You should add two 0x0 in order to work.( If it doesn't work, try only one 0x0)

As for the level scripts, you don't need flags, as they are useless. Only if you want a person to disappear after the level script, then you should add a setflag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back