• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you anticipate your opponents?

kingfor6

Pkmn Trainer SS Goku
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2015
How do you anticipate "thrashers"? I haven't battled on Wifi but every Wifi battle I have seen on video has both sides using their most powerful moves like Thunder, Outrage and nothing else. No dragon dance, swords dance, ect. That seems pretty easy for me to counter. The only other strategy I have seen (and only work 1 time lol) is the substitute and protect strategy. Being that one is hard to pull of as it is, not concerned about it either.

If you know before the battle, that your opponent is going to use Garchomp as their first pokemon and outrage as their first move, what do you do?

Lets also say this is for a non-legendary battle.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Have a counter for their pokemon as your lead. That's normally a pretty hard thing to predict, because they could think you're going to use a counter for what you think is their most "obvious" lead, then be sure to use a counter for your counter.. It's a lot of luck in prediction, really.

Back