• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Team Rocket vs. Team Galactic

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Spr_HGSS_Archer.png
Spr_DP_Cyrus.png

So in Generation IV, we saw two evil teams arise. One had already had the experience of being villains while the others were brand new to a brand new region. We have Team Rocket and Team Galactic, both who have endless dreams of domination and abducting Pokemon. Team Rocket has stuck around longer, since the very beginning and their plot is to steal Pokemon off the innocent.

Team Galactic's plot however is far deeper. Cyrus's goal was summoning Dialga and Palkia in order to destroy the universe so that he may start it again as its god, ultimately to create a world without spirit.

Battle-wise, they both had a fair appearance of the same Pokemon. Team Rocket used Pokemon such as Rattatas and Zubats along with Koffings while Galactic had common appearances of Glameows, Puruglys and Stunkys. Who did you think was a harder challenge to face, whether it be the grunts or the big cheeses? (the commanders.)

Which one of these teams did you like better, and why?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
For a gaming perspective, always Team Rocket. Their Pokemon might not be the strongest, nor the best choice(Poison... really?) but I find their goals of pursuing wealth and power to be not as psychotic as Magma, Aqua, Galactic or other teams that followed. I mean when you really think about it, who in their right mind would support a man wanting to destroy the world they themselves inhabit? Wouldn't that imply them "dying" along with it? I mean they're not "gods" like Dialga, Palkia or Arceus are portrayed to be.

Years
Speaking purely of HGSS and DPPt, I don't like any of the teams.
I was never fan of Team Galactic and their goal was just weird as CodeHelmet mentioned. Cyrus isn't even that charismatic to convince people to follow him and help him create new world where he's god.
And HGSS's Team Rocket was joke for most of the game. I never took them as thread like in Kanto games.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
Team Rocket was the most evil and feared team back in my day....

playing Ultra Sun/Moon that impression changed greatly because now its team RAINBOW rocket

we all know what Rainbow stands for these days and it couldn't have been placed more inappropriately imo

i luv gay ppl, i'm bisexual too whenever i feel like it, no need to come out tho because straight ppl dont even need to come out, it's just normal, nobody should feel the need to "come out" when their sexual preference is only normal

do ur open community stuff symbols when its appropriate and needed, why the hell make Team Rocket look less dangerous naming them Rainbow Rocket, for some1 like me who was around when Red/Blue was released it seems almost surreal that u cant do anything in ur life thats not influenced by politics these days, suddenly everything has a progaganda touch to it, when 20 years ago we just lived freely and didnt NEED to care about all that stuff

edit: ok sorry this is about the 4th generation, imo team rocket has really declined with every generation and now in the 7th gen it's only a shadow of itself, with team galactic i dont even know, cant even remember them so that says a lot

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
Team Rocket seemed to be more reasonable, all Giovanni wanted was to rule kanto!
Team Galactic was better. I've always had more trouble with them. Cyrus wasn't the easiest to beat, which added to the difficulty of the game. Dialga and Palkia were supposedly gods, and somehow he managed to summon them to do his bidding. Srsly, Giovanni step up your game.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
Cyrus is a hell of a darker man than Giovanni can ever become. A lot more intimidating of a guy, too.
giphy.gif

this is also true. Didn't mention how dark either was. Giovanni.had puree goals he never.once stole the mystical beings AKA the triforce, and summoned one of two, or both gods of space, time, and pokèsatan himself. Giovanni was probably a better man, but Cyrus was cooler

PokedexDan102

Beater of nuzlockes! And lover of Megainium
Years
Personally I found Rainbow Rocket to be intimidating once you got to fighting them.

I mean. THEY ALL HAD LEGENDARIES TO KICK YOU DOWN! Overall. Rainbow Rocket for the win.

Back