• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: September Serpents - Deadline Extended to 9/26

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Name: Calabar
Species: Constricting Pokémon
Type: Ground/Water
Ability: Disguise
Size: 1 meter long
Evolves into: Filigree upon learning Earthquake at level 35
Description: This snake lives in lush Rainforests but is rarely seen out in the open. It's head has evolved over the generations to act as a blunt shield as it burrows into the ground. It's also been known to be in lakes and rivers. It's tail resembles that of its head so as to confuse enemies. Small by constrictor standards, it's Evolution is much larger in size and lethality.

Base Stats: 305
HP: 45
Attack: 60
Defense: 45
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 45

Move set:
Wrap(level 1)
Water Gun(level 10)
Dig(level 20)
Glare(level 25)
Scald(level 30)
Earthquake(level 35)

Name: Filigree
Species: Constricting Pokémon
Type: Ground/Water
Ability: Disguise
Evolves from: Calabar
Size: 10 meters in length
Description: This snake is huge and not to be trifled with! It can incapacitate a Mamoswine within minutes of wrapping its body around it and squeezing with its strong muscles. It's intricate design on its body confuses enemies and this snake primarily lives underground by burrowing into caves, streams, rivers or lakes. It only comes out to hunt and it can be found in rainforests, grasslands and even on farms preying on local animals. Caution is advised when battling this Pokémon.

Unique quirks: It learns an exclusive move in incapacitate(15 PP), a Normal Type move upon evolution that prevents the opponent from moving or being swapped out while dealing damage for two to five turns. If this snake has the speed advantage, you can figuratively squeeze the opponent until it faints.

Base stats: 520
HP: 90
Attack: 100
Defense: 70
Special Attack: 90
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 70

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I'm so great with deadlines.

Quetzalcoil

UPrkEmg.png

Name: Quetzalcoil (Quetzalcoatl plus coil)
Species: Precious Pokémon
Typing: Dragon/Psychic
Egg Groups: Undiscovered
Gender Ratio: Genderless
Catch Rate: 3

Abilities:
Wind's Favor: When Quetzalcoil is sent out to battle, it instantly whips up a Tailwind.
Quetzalcoil doesn't have any Hidden Abilities.

Height: 6.2 m (20'4'')
Weight: 240 kg (529 lbs.)

Appearence:
Quetzalcoil is a big serpentine Pokémon covered in long green feathers. A bit behind his head, a pair of small bat-like wings spout from its body. The head reminds of a dragon, but feathered as well instead of scaly. Blue feathers cover the underside of a strong jaw, filled with curly, yet sharp, teeth. The top and sides of the head are red and the feathers standing upright at the sides of the Pokémon's face make it look bigger than it actually is, giving Quetzalcoil a fearsome yet majestic appearance that makes it worthy of its status as a legend. A layer of yellow down feathers covers the Precious Pokémon's snout and surrounds its eye sockets. Herein lie deep purple eyes, sparkling with an uncanny intelligence. A pearl, its color matching Quetzalcoil's eyes, is nestled in the Pokémon's neck and emits a dim light.

Biology:
The skies are Quetzalcoil's domain. If you had to guess, you'd say this Pokémon would never make it off the ground, but fly it can. Spotting the legendary serpent is an exceptional occasion, but the rare sightings of the Precious Pokémon report the winds being bent to the Pokémon's will to lift it off the ground.

When resting, Quetzalcoil hides itself in the depths of ancient temples, preferably those located deep inside the jungle, far from civilization. It never truly sleeps however. During its meditation, its purple eyes turn hazy and a thick purple mist swirls around inside the gem on its neck, as the legendary Pokémon receives visions on the past, present and future. Only its keen sense of smell keeps the serpent aware of its surroundings in the real world while journeying through its mind's eye.

PokéDex entries:
Pokémon Pink: Quetzalcoil is an ancient Pokémon that has lived for many years. It is said that it shared its visions of the future with the kings of old.
Pokémon Purple: Quetzalcoil manipulates the very air in order to fly, creating uphill air current that are subjected to its grace.

Base stats:
HP: 100
Attack: 125
Defense: 70
Sp. Attack: 160
Sp. Defense: 95
Speed: 110
Total: 660

Moveset:
Lv. 1: Ice Fang
Lv. 1: Fire Fang
Lv. 1: Thunder Fang
Lv. 1: Twister
Lv. 1: Scary Face
Lv. 1: Miracle Eye
Lv. 1: Tailwind
Lv. 6: Glare
Lv. 10: Dragon Rage
Lv. 14: Confuse Ray
Lv. 20: Psybeam
Lv. 24: Razor Wind
Lv. 28: Mind Reader
Lv. 33: Ancient Power
Lv. 36: Feather Dance
Lv. 40: Extrasensory
Lv. 44: Crunch
Lv. 48: Light Screen
Lv. 53: Dragon Pulse
Lv. 57: Psych Up
Lv. 61: Psychic Fangs
Lv. 65: Future Sight
Lv. 71: Coil
Lv. 76: Hurricane
Lv. 82: Extreme Speed
Lv. 88: Aura Sphere

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
^ WHOA, it's great to see something based on Quetzalcoatl! :D I initially wanted to make a Quetzalcoatl-based Pokémon, but I couldn't come up with any ideas (or names!) for it so I went with something A.I.-related instead, haha.

I'm so great with deadlines.

And here I thought I was the one who put the "pro" in procrastinate. xD

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
^ WHOA, it's great to see something based on Quetzalcoatl! :D I initially wanted to make a Quetzalcoatl-based Pokémon, but I couldn't come up with any ideas (or names!) for it so I went with something A.I.-related instead, haha.

And here I thought I was the one who put the "pro" in procrastinate. xD

While it's nice he did something on that, did you look at its stats? The darn thing beats Mewtwo when you think about it and would destroy Dragonite or any Dragon for that matter with it's obscenely high Special.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
While it's nice he did something on that, did you look at its stats? The darn thing beats Mewtwo when you think about it and would destroy Dragonite or any Dragon for that matter with it's obscenely high Special.

But there were no restrictions on stats. You could make anything as weak or strong as you want, so long as it was a serpent.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
There's no way I can vote in this... you can't make me choose! I love all of them!

Also I wouldn't worry about the stats being too extreme, and Quetzalcoil does give the impression of being a very formidable Legendary! I wouldn't want to face it on the Battle Server. xD

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Actually Quetzalcoil's stats are on the low side when compared to, say, Dialga. It is a legendary Pokémon after all (that's only mentioned three times, so I can understand it's easy to miss :p ). The rules didn't say legends weren't allowed so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Besides, since the monster that is known as Primal Rayquaza is allowed to officially exist, I don't feel like I should worry about balance for even a bit with my snake. ;]

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well I'll just say this: I'm ineligible for any of the awards because I don't play anything past Generation 1, much less on Virtual Console :P So good luck passing along what you have as prizes LMAO. I just created two snake Pokemon that were based off actual snakes with stats/moves that would be viable in-game.

Years
Wow! I can't believe my eyes. The amount of creativity that has come from members of pokecommunity has been outstanding. You guys have come up with Pokemon from every corner of the realm of imagination, and I wish that every single one of these creatures was obtainable in gen 8.

It will be incredibly difficult to pick a winner from these 6 amazing entries, so I made the poll so that you can pick more than one. It is still hard, but we knew this day had to come! Follow the link here to watch the competition and maybe even stumble upon another Pokemon! https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9930935#post9930935

Come along for the adventure everybody!

Back