• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
wow lol i might just go and bid a whole load of money and see what happens lol i also would like to know why anyone would put that up on wikipedia as well but i like the edit that was made to it

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
wow lol i might just go and bid a whole load of money and see what happens lol i also would like to know why anyone would put that up on wikipedia as well but i like the edit that was made to it

I'm guessing that the person who auctioned ShinyGold on ebay may have put that on wikipedia to make people believe that it's a real game.

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
Years
Just noticed that glitch? There are way more. It took me 30 minutes to do the Cut HM thing. Were your in Ilex forest and you have to get the bird to the kid. The bird kept going into an unreachable area. As well the trainer thing happens alot of the time. It usualy happenes with regular trainers

I didn't notice it in the Glitch section, so I figured that no one had noticed. And that wasn't in Ilex Forest; I would hope that Mike would be evolved by then, and higher than lvl9. x_x

And also, Zel, while this is terrible, take it as a compliment. Some people see your hack as being authentic enough to pirate and sell! You're doing a great job, so keep it up, dude! XD

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
I have a question about Ilex forest zel, is recurring grass when you walk supposed to be a glitch or a feature, i also want to point that, when i was almost to the mid-end of the forest(probably right above the guy that teaches you MEGA PUNCH), that i run into a pokemon with a CAVE BACKGROUND, when i got the end of the forest i ran into one with the normal forest background, but i went back and i noticed it happened again. Man i don't think Caterpies exist in caves...

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
zel said:
True, true. Let the miserable :pirate:s live their miserable lives...
Now I'm a bit more relaxed... So, I'll keep on working on SG, which by the way I'm close to the half of the event of TR in Goldenrod (right now I'm in that area with the switches and the doors in the Underground) Hey! I've been doing some tile changing in the radio... That's... weird in me...
There are gonna be two new rivals surging in the Rockets events, which I'll use to make them follow the player through Kanto (the humoristic kind of rivals :D) I'd like to reveal a bit more, but I'll hold them till you actually play the B3.

That's all. Gonna get some sleep...

Wow! So much stuff happened in this thread, right? It's almost as if the thread were alive, with its own history! :laugh:

Well Zel, you could say that SG is making history as we know it. I hope you're okay - damn pirates! Heh, at least that bidder on eBay will quite amused... :P And articles on wikipedia? I checked, and there's none, which is a good thing. ;)

Two new rivals? :shocked: Interesting...can't wait to find out about them. Well Zel, you wouldn't want to spoil all the suprise, so don't give too much away (though the whole idea of two new rivals makes me curious to find out more). I guess we'll have to play the hack to see for ourselves... :D

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
hey...umm what should I use to open the file?

What do you mean? The winRar formatted thing that looks like 5/4 multicolored books with a lock on them? or the IPS patch?

1. Download WinRar at www.winrar.com Then you extract the document by rightclicking on the Icon and it should extract.
2. Take a Fresh FireRed Rom (take away the FireRed for a different hack and get the specified rom) and rename the rom or the IPS patch the same name as the rom or the IPS patch. And then play with VBA or any other GBA emulator

3. If your stuck on what to do after the 1st one all you do is go on the 2nd one.
Have Fun!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, I hope you guys don't mind if I skip the posts about those... we know who... I'm getting concentrated once again into the game, and I'd like to stop that topic, 'cause I think we were getting too off-topic, anyway. It's sad, but I appreciate your concern.

So, substracting those posts I've only left with the next two... Which just shows how off-topic we were... lol

Oh, and Zel, I noticed something:

2trainer1.gif

And there we go again, don't worry about the names of the trainers. It's just that I needed something to remind me which are the trainers I should edit later, for when in the original Gold I rebattle them with their new pokes and levels. It'll still happen in all the next Betas, till the Final Version. So I suppose people will still report it, jojo! :\

I have a question about Ilex forest zel, is recurring grass when you walk supposed to be a glitch or a feature, i also want to point that, when i was almost to the mid-end of the forest(probably right above the guy that teaches you MEGA PUNCH), that i run into a pokemon with a CAVE BACKGROUND, when i got the end of the forest i ran into one with the normal forest background, but i went back and i noticed it happened again. Man i don't think Caterpies exist in caves...

Is not a glitch, that's how it did turn up. I was told that I should have used a cave tileset, but Illex's had so many problems, and since now all is fixed, I don't really want to touch anything else there. That's how it will be forever, and, besides, it's not THAT bad... Or is it? jojo!
And, about the caves battles they are fixed.

I'm sorry but I guess all the glitches have already been found. There may be some oddities that I don't consider glitches (that's why they are not in the list). So make sure to check out that Glitches List, please! I'll start to ignore the glitches posts from the people who doesn't do it, though...

[EDIT]: Yeah, I knew there were other posts I have forgotten before, so I searched back a few pages, and I've collected the following unanswered posts (my apologies)

zel i have an idea u know in gold their is johot and kanto maybe beta 3 should finsh up johto then beta 4 should be updated after all jhoto stuff is updated
p.s. cool screenshots i am going to use chickorita to make ur game fun and hard

The plan for B3 is to finish after a battle against Carlos before entering Ice Cave (but the events with the Rockets, and the capture of Ho-Oh will be in B3. But, remember, I'll prepare the patch, and keep on hacking, and meanwhile I'll start with my usual Screenshot Time posts! :)

maybe you could make hoenn in the game, like, after kanto, there is this other plot in hoenn and you have to go there...

No Hoenn... Too much...

You know i saw screenshots of the pokegear that the people made from the another remake of pokemon G/S/C called Pokemon platinum, Zel maybe you want to ask these people to get the pokegear function in the hack. Not now maybe after you finish the Johto part in hack...:\

As far as I know, Platinum is a game for Game Maker. So they can do a lot more than I can in a hack, lucky they are, huh? :laugh:

So zel, what do you think about the poll results, now that the poll is closed?

Well, as you may (or may not) know, there are gonna be two releases of Shiny Gold, one will be a more close to the remake, and the other will be just more challenging, less remake.

Hey the hack looks like its coming along really well. I played shinyGold over again and I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but I noticed that after you win the first gym badge, you can carry on with the rest of the game without picking up the egg from the professor's aide. I then played pokemon gold and noticed that the guy that gives you the miracle seed doesn't allow you to carry on past violet city until you've got the first badge AND received the egg from the prof's aide.

THAT is very interesting, and shows me that it's helpful to have other people playing the original Gold. I'll add the corresponding checkflag to that guy. Thanks!

Now I can go back to sleep in peace (because I don't like to say "rest" :laugh:)

Last edited:

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
Years
I really wanted to play this, but it won't work.

Do you know how to patch into a ROM Hack?

Just in case if you don't understand, the following steps should be followed:

1. Get a Pokemon FireRed ROM (No, I won't tell you where to find it, but you can use a search tool like Google)

2. Get VisualBoyAdvance at http://vba.ngemu.com/

3. Get a IPS Patching tool (I recommend either ipsXP or Lunar IPS, either way is fine)

4. Download the patch at the first page. (Yeah, it's necessary, OK)

5. Use the IPS Patching Tool (ipsXP/Lunar IPS) and use the patch on the Pokemon ROM.

6. Play the game. It should now be Pokemon ShinyGold.

I agree, people should look at the Glitch List. I believe it's on the front page, so you should be able to find it without any trouble.

Hope I helped in any way possible.

Pokemon_X

Trainer
Years
I think i found a bug. it happened after using the VS seeker and talking to the policeman. luckly that kid disappeared after exiting and reentering the area.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Shurikenway, whatever about Ilex forest, you're only in there for like one time to get cut and then a second time, which we don't even know will happen (or did you say you were gonna put the Celebi in the Shrine event, zel?) to get Celebi in the shrine. As soon as I got out of Ilex forest in Beta 2 and started battling that Youngster, I believe, I totally forgot about that grass. It's no biggie. It's not like Zel's working for Nintendo, or something.

Hah, I think we added 2 pages to Zel's thread today (I'm not sure though, I haven't been on constantly). This thread and hack are really famous, and there's no reason it shouldn't be. Why, Beta 2 even got sold on eBay for 90 bucks. A beta. 90 bucks. You do the math.

Last edited:

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Well, I hope you guys don't mind if I skip the posts about those... we know who... I'm getting concentrated once again into the game, and I'd like to stop that topic, 'cause I think we were getting too off-topic, anyway. It's sad, but I appreciate your concern.

So, substracting those posts I've only left with the next two... Which just shows how off-topic we were... lol

And there we go again, don't worry about the names of the trainers. It's just that I needed something to remind me which are the trainers I should edit later, for when in the original Gold I rebattle them with their new pokes and levels. It'll still happen in all the next Betas, till the Final Version. So I suppose people will still report it, jojo! :\

Is not a glitch, that's how it did turn up. I was told that I should have used a cave tileset, but Illex's had so many problems, and since now all is fixed, I don't really want to touch anything else there. That's how it will be forever, and, besides, it's not THAT bad... Or is it? jojo!
And, about the caves battles they are fixed.

I'm sorry but I guess all the glitches have already been found. There may be some oddities that I don't consider glitches (that's why they are not in the list). So make sure to check out that Glitches List, please! I'll start to ignore the glitches posts from the people who doesn't do it, though...

I agree, people should look at the Glitch List. I believe it's on the front page, so you should be able to find it without any trouble.

Jeez i did Look the glitch list, i just didnt really knew what was going on in the Ilex Forest, plus it didnt show up on the list so i had to ask. Dont take it personally zel. Theres nothing wrong with it.:D

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I've tried to replay my original Gold on my old GBC again, but sadly it didn't retain the save file. If you wait, even less than a minute, the save file gets deleted. Strange, since my Yellow does retain the save file. It's just not that fun, playing Gold on VBA, because if for example you speed it up with the space bar, it REALLY speeds up.

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
I've played crystal on VBA and i put off the sound in the sound menu at the top. It speeds it up very, and press the space bar... WUAHAHWHAHAW!!!

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA. There are going to be 2 versions?

Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back