• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infraction system information and questions

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
:/ If you have a problem with the infraction, I'd be happy to talk to you about it via PM. But so long as we're keeping it vague and in public, I feel that if your PM was disrespectful enough to be reported by the recipient, it deserved an infraction. What you said was not polite and no matter who you said it about, I'd have given you an infraction over a warning. If people have gotten away with worse in the past, it's either because the post went unnoticed and unreported or the staff member may interpret the rules more loosely than I do.

As I said in the infraction PM, if you're going to say something on PC itself (using our servers), you have to follow the rules, even if it's to someone in private via VM or PM. If you want to keep things 100% between you and the other person and don't want to deal with possible repercussions for saying those kinds of things, keep it on twitter or IM.

But again, if you want to argue your case in more detail, feel free to PM me about it.

droomph

weeb
Years
Hey, I have a question. If you get 15 or more warning cards, does that also count as a permanent ban? (Though that'd be really unlikely.)

Just wondering.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
The rules saying that if you get 15 cards or more you will be banned permanently. It is highly unlikely that you would get that many warnings without infractions as warnings are due to be followed by infractions. So I believe that chances are that you would be subjected to a banning, depending on some circumstance. Just do your best to not get into that situation, that's your best bet!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hey, where can I report signatures? There's no "report" button but yeah.

If you report the post you first notice the signature in and say in the report you're reporting it for the signature, that's enough. :)

Years
Guys, I just got a 4 point infraction for content theft after I used an avatar/signature that was similar to one that Leaf Storm used and I don't want to get banned again.

Can you help me reverse this infraction cos I'm considering quitting PC for good.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So I suppose that is the meaning behind your latest blog.

At any rate; no, infractions are not reversed just because you may leave PC or don't want to get banned (which only happens if you break more rules on top of that, so). You can contest the infraction if you don't think you used someone else's images or whatnot without permission, but not because of that reason.

Years
Guys, I just got a 4 point infraction for content theft after I used an avatar/signature that was similar to one that Leaf Storm used and I don't want to get banned again.

Can you help me reverse this infraction cos I'm considering quitting PC for good.
You got infracted for using an avatar that was similar to someone else's? I am sorry but I say that's ********.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So she should bring it up for that reason in some more detail (say via PM to myself or another higher staff, or the one who infracted and give one more of an idea of what the two avatars/signatures looked like in the first place in the case of asking someone else) and bring up said reasons if that is the case, rather than say 'I might leave PC forever'. That's not a reason to overturn any infraction.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
You got infracted for using an avatar that was similar to someone else's? I am sorry but I say that's ********.

Actually, no. If someone creates the images and the layout used in a theme and someone else uses it without permission, then intended or not, that's content theft. However in this case we aren't 100% certain of the circumstances and we're looking further into it.

Last edited:
Years
Actually, no. If someone creates the images and the layout used in a theme and someone else uses it without permission, then intended or not, that's content theft. However in this case we aren't 100% certain of the circumstances and we're looking further into it.
Oh I thought she got infracted just for using a Gangnam Style avatar.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If the image is from another source and not created from scratch, then the original owner should also be infracted as they stole the content to make the gif or avatar image. So anyone using say Marlon's VS sprite like the Seven members during B2W2's Japanese release (who all had the same signatures as well.) should have been infracted. I'd have to be for editing a sprite made by nintendo. If your Gif. is from a TV show or taken from any other source that isn't you doing that dance, you technically stole content that wasn't yours to use for your own personal use.

Bobandbill stole the Wes dance sprite if its from Earthbound/Mother or who ever created it, if he didn't make it himself.

Everyone using official music video gifs of Gangnam Style stole content from the video.

By copyright laws and regulations we are all stealing if we don't make every last detail from scratch.

Theft should ONLY be considered if there is actual theft and not when two people have identical or the same Avatar/Signature

Which this honestly does look like. Especially since when this was done to Hikari nothing was done to the person "stealing" from her.

Last edited:
Years
If the image is from another source and not created from scratch, then the original owner should also be infracted as they stole the content to make the gif or avatar image. So anyone using say Marlon's VS sprite like the Seven members during B2W2's Japanese release (who all had the same signatures as well.) should have been infracted. I'd have to be for editing a sprite made by nintendo. If your Gif. is from a TV show or taken from any other source that isn't you doing that dance, you technically stole content that wasn't yours to use for your own personal use.

Bobandbill stole the Wes dance sprite if its from Earthbound/Mother or who ever created it, if he didn't make it himself.

Everyone using official music video gifs of Gangnam Style stole content from the video.

By copyright laws and regulations we are all stealing if we don't make every last detail from scratch.

Theft should ONLY be considered if there is actual theft and not when two people have identical or the same Avatar/Signature

Which this honestly does look like. Especially since when this was done to Hikari nothing was done to the person "stealing" from her.
This is the exact point I wanted to make, but you worded it much better than I would have. :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
So are you guys handing out infractions for people who have the same avatar as someone else now, or? Is this going to be a thing?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So are you guys handing out infractions for people who have the same avatar as someone else now, or? Is this going to be a thing?
I would have thought the obvious answer is that no, having the same avatar as someone else is not infractable, but using an avatar that is made by someone else (say it is a picture someone drew, for sake of an example) without giving credit/asking for permission is against the rules (content theft).

Anyways, the case is still being looked at. Don't think there's a need on a public commentary here on this case on it given it only involves Hikari, so let's drop that please.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years

Did you know that I acted very much like you did when I got my first ever infraction for copy and paste welcomes back in 2008. And hey... I now admit that I did the wrong thing. And often when it's our first time... we often would overreact, it's only a learning curve for us. 'Cause when we do get infracted... it's something we just something we have to learn about, after all... no one's perfect. ^^

And like pretty much everyone has already said, there's no way for the staff to reverse your infraction unless the avatar was proven to be not used by someone else. At least we're learning to be careful when using other people's avatars, 'cause anyone has the right to complain about their content being used.

I do have to admit though, I do wish that people could share their stuff rather than have control over it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
My apology, but I can't believe that they should never use such bad language, such as the slang term "sucks", which sometimes don't put them in infraction of their rules.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My apology, but I can't believe that they should never use such bad language, such as the slang term "sucks", which sometimes don't put them in infraction of their rules.

...I'm sorry, what? What are you trying to say? If you got in trouble for saying the word "sucks" then I don't see why that was a big deal. Surely it was something else? I don't really understand what you're trying to ask though.

Years
Can my account be deleted please? I like the infraction system, and I want to know why I was really infracted, becauise I want'ed to know before I get banned permanently with this username for going off t-oicp when the computer's shutting down, and I acceidentally click send without chercking who did what with my profile. I 'm undcertain that the point cogt across, no hallucinations, upon me. I'm on meds, now.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
If I had seven yellow cards and three red cards, would I be suspended due to this:

Earning 18 points or more or at least 10 infractions, whether expired or not will result in a three month suspension.

Or do you physically need ten red cards to provoke this?

Also, say you're on PC for five years and you rack up ten 2pts infractions for double-posting or "spamming." Is that user permanently banned regardless how spaced out these infractions were (under the following)?

You will be banned permanently if you accumulate 20 points or more.

Just wondering if time and the actual "badness" of the infractions is taken into account. I'd say a person who in five years is receives infractions for double-posting should be allowed leniency compared to a user who's around for three years and receives ~20 points for posting illegal content, content theft with a few double-posts tossed in there. Especially if typically the former person's posts are informative, helpful and they had no intention of actually doing any harm.

Back