• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Speed

Skyward
Years
Here's some new Xillia info for you all.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Tomboynerd

Tomboy Ace Trainer
Years
I gotta say I'm a big fan of the Tales of symphonia series. Anyways, does anyone know if there will be a Tales of Symphonia 3.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I gotta say I'm a big fan of the Tales of symphonia series. Anyways, does anyone know if there will be a Tales of Symphonia 3.

Doubt they'd stretch it that far. Many people have suggested a prequel to the first ToS, but I think Namco-Bandai has moved on from Symphonia, which is sad since I found Dawn of the New World really disappointing.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Doubt they'd stretch it that far. Many people have suggested a prequel to the first ToS, but I think Namco-Bandai has moved on from Symphonia, which is sad since I found Dawn of the New World really disappointing.
I'm not too sure yet. I think before we officially say that, we have to wait until the OVA has ended. I mean, it was between the two arcs in which they released DOTNW.

I think I'm going to get Graces solely so Namco-Bandai realizes how many fans there are. I don't have a PS3 to play it on, so unless I have borrow my cousin's, buying it would be the most I could do.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
Here's some new Xillia info for you all.

Spoiler:
And there you have it folks - Tales of Xillia's loli!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
She's cute! Her clothing kinda makes me think of a cross between Yuri and Estelle's with a non-matching hairpiece. XD;
I'd say that's a good thing because otherwise they might give us more stuff like DotNW for ToS and that's a major do not want. I'd rather they leave it alone than mess up the canon anymore. :<

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
-bump-

So I was looking at Dat Loli, and realized she really reminds me of Alice from Dawn of the New World.

1) Her hairband. The placement is extremely similar to the pink band Alice wore as part of her... hat thing.

2) The color scheme in general. Pinkish whitish, the both of them.

3) The bottom half of their outfit looks extremely similar. I don't even need to explain, I believe.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
^lol, Leia Roland is her official name.

I guess she does look a bit similar to Alice, but the Symphonia character designer is one of the character designers for this game as well, so it shouldn't be that big of a surprise to see some similarities within different characters.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
...Leia.

Leia.

I will always think of Star Wars when I hear her name. >__<

And Roland will make me think of Luminous Arc. Goshdarnit Namco, be original. First Hisui/Kohak, now we have two cameos in one character! D: [/half kidding on this line]

And... I know, I was just pointing it out. Trying to bring some life to this club... ):

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Hisui and Kohak were the brother and sister from Hearts, no? Had their names been used in another game?

lol, Roland is the main dude from Luminous Arc 2 right? Wasn't a fan of the first, so didn't bother with second. :\

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
Nope, haven't played Hearts yet. Plan on importing it sometime, but it's not very high on my want list. Not a fan of it's battle system. (Played it on an emulator once to test out the english patch...)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Aside from Graces, its the only mothership title I haven't played. The English patch was never finished, was it? I've wanted to play it if not only because of Kohak.

Were you a fan of Radiant Mythology? Third game was released in Japan a couple days ago, which is why I ask. I found the first game pretty bad, so I'm wondering if you imported the second one.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
Aside from Graces, its the only mothership title I haven't played. The English patch was never finished, was it? I've wanted to play it if not only because of Kohak.

Were you a fan of Radiant Mythology? Third game was released in Japan a couple days ago, which is why I ask. I found the first game pretty bad, so I'm wondering if you imported the second one.

The English patch hasn't been finished yet.

I played the first RM, hated it. Didn't import the second RM, but I have the third one. I pre-ordered it, and it arrived on the day of release.

It's pretty good, my only complaint is the difficulty curve. But it's amazing, a vast improvement over the first game.

The amount of skits is amazing, and most of them are voiced, which is even more amazing due to all the characters in the game. I can certainly believe Namco when they say they "maxed out" the PSP.

The gameplay is quite fun, and you can never get bored due to all the characters in it. Even playing as a caster is fun.

It's hard to run out of TP as long as you're smart about it. The AI, however, is not as smart as you and tends to run out of TP quite fast. But they gain it back rather easily, so that isn't a problem unless you have a healer in your party that spams Barrier. (Which can easily be turned off.)

And the Quests are entertaining as well, and the story ones are full of funny skits.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I enjoy playing as a caster sometimes. It's easier to 'multitask' if you're a caster, and you don't have to worry about dying as much unless your forward people are dead or being... dumb (which sadly is what's usually the case, which is why I'm usually someone like Lloyd, and my sister would be Genis).

Radiant Mythology 3 kind of makes me wish I had a PSP to play it on. Alas, I do not.

Back