• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen BW/BW2 Seem To Be The Easiest Games

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Once upon a time I had just gotten these games when they were first released and was pretty excited... but I don't even remember why now. I did feel they were pretty easy and even forgettable games. It seemed like an extremely weak rehash of every plot they've had before, the graphics were sort of just getting better but not their yet, you know?

Oh, and I beat the entire main plot-line in about eight hours? Like one day sitting of this game and I hadn't lost a battle or gym leader, because really, all in all, it was the same game they had made over and over. There was no real surprise or connection for me toward those games and they aren't ones I would play over again. I got a little more into once X/Y came out, but even then I think I was still reeling over how disappointed I had been in the previous game.

But overall, yeah, it's pretty easy if not too easy out of all their games. I'm that person who is wishing they knew where the darn heck their copy of Pearl went because I distinctly remember that being the last game I truly enjoyed...

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 18, 2019
I actually disagree. Black Version, for me, was the hardest game.

It could just be I only paid attention to my Serperior and not any other Pokemon, but it's hard nonetheless. I've been trying to level up post-game, and it's still hard!

X and AlphaSapphire were MUCH easier for me. Black was a pain.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

It could just be I only paid attention to my Serperior and not any other Pokemon, but it's hard nonetheless. I've been trying to level up post-game, and it's still hard!

Serperior would be the reason why. In regards to early gyms in both games (especially b2w2) it doesn't have the best start to the game. Try using another starter and the games might be a little easier for you! Tepig is pretty much the easy mode starter with what it's super effective against etc early on.

Years

Don't forget that 5th Gen's EXP system is based on the level between you and the opponent where if you're lower than the opponent you get more, but if you're higher you get less. It's due to this that make level grinding difficult against anything that isn't Audino.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I've been replaying Black, and Black 2 quite a bit because I love the Unova region. But these seem like the easiest and shortest games in the entire series. You can easy buil your team and be overleved quick due to Audino abusing, and it seems like the games are just really short in general. Even with Challenge Mode I can still beat the game with no sweat. Am I the only one who thinks this?

I feel like if you have to Audino grind then it can't be TOO easy, right? I would think what would make it too easy is the fact there's NO NEED to grind. I felt like I had to take time off the story to level up my Pokemon, or else I would have a hard time.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
Years
B2/W2 are in the middle when it comes to difficulty. There are times where this game can be really difficult *cough*Clay*cough or *cough* Elesa *cough*. But these games are no where as easy as X/Y and ORAS.

Back