• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inserting new letters and symbols "?"

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
Hey the great wisdom of the PokeCommunity forums,

The hack I am creating is a TCG like Emerald hack, with Pokemon based on the EX series of the TCG, such as EX Delta Species (eg new typings based off the expansion.)

My problem is, how do I insert letters, symbols and characters that aren't in the base game, specifically the delta symbol, "?" (among others.)

It would be nice to differentiate between the Delta and normal types of the same Pokemon.

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
You would edit one of the characters in the existing character set to your new one, preferably an unused Japanese character. It's basically just font editing, and any font editing tutorial will be able to help you. You may need to update your table file in your hex editor with the new character and its hex code, and will probably have to know the hex code for your new character for XSE.

Back