• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Father & Son: Adventures in The Sabor Region.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Father & Son: Adventures in The Sabor Region.

Summary: All grown up and achieved his dream, Ash has nothing to do and no regions to face. When he hears of a new region called the Sabor Region and its legendary league, he wants to go. But someone else wants to tag along?

Note: This is based off of Princess Selina?s The Eclipse Islands. But set in my own Pok?mon Fusion-verse where I?ve got a major AU-thingie going on. It?s also connected to my The Very Best fan-fiction, so when I update that (in like ten million years, lol) you?ll understand more things about this story.

Info: The Sabor Region is based off of Brazil. As in Kalos they speak French, in Sabor they speak Portuguese. But all sorts of people from various regions flock here for the tropical climate (which is similar to Alola) for vacation and retirement. So they speak various languages.

The Big Baddies for this Region are known as The Rainbow Sieges. Each a team leader with operatives, each color representing a color from the rainbow on their uniforms. Long ago, Sieges ruled Sabor and meant to protect/serve an Emperor-like figure in the world?s most bustling city which has now succumbed to poverty and waste. The Rainbow Sieges are angered at the region?s government for letting this happen, so they plan on planning terrorists attacks by stealing people?s Pok?mon and manipulating them with their own machinery into their own evildoings to get their message across.

PSS: I know Brazil doesn?t have an Emperor, but this is my own made up region so I can add what I want ;3!

++++++++

Ash Rocketto was bored.

No. Bored was an understatement. He was just damn chipper of all the challenger that had come to him in the past month without showing any signs of talent whatsoever. And yet ? he knew he shouldn?t be complaining. They were just beginners, thinking they could take on a Pok?mon Master who had spent forty years shaping and honing his skills with Pok?mon?

?Gah! Forget it! Bored, bored, bored!? Ash yelled mentally as he rolled around in the grass. He was in the back fields of Oak?s labs. All of his Pok?mon had done their training for a lifetime and were now tired, or just too old for fighting. He didn?t want to stress them out and was just thinking of calling it quits on accepting challengers in general.

Red and Silver urged him to continue challenging himself ? one day ? they promised something interesting would happen.

?That part of me is over?? Pikachu was over by the others playing tag, he grinned though regardless of his internal-terrors. He was happy his buddy was at peace finally to do what he pleased. But at fifty years old, Pikachu itself was elderly and getting slower. Something had to be done about this problem.

He wasn?t being nostalgic. Now wasn?t the time.

But instead of reminiscent on the past, Ash punched a fist in the air as he stood up (this time, no back pain!). ?Alright! Time for a new adventure!? His teammates looked at him with awe.

?We?ve been everywhere ? beaten every league. But there?s got to be someplace out there we haven?t tried!? He stomped his foot on the ground, mumbling to himself.

Pikachu hopped over and tugged on his leg. ?Pika Pi??

Just then, he heard his son?s Pok?mon cry out as they ran over towards his field. ?What the blazes ?? His Tauros were causing a stampede again, making all the Pok?mon in the lab to panic. Unfortunately, he didn?t have thirty hands to return all the bulls at once, so he had to command the other Pok?mon to push back the stampede.

?Raichu ? get out of there!? He noticed his son?s Raichu was struggling. He bit his lip and then looked over to Charizard. ?Guys ? help out Sean?s Pok?mon ? hurry!? The ones who were in trouble were Raichu, Bellossom and Persian. The poor things were running for their lives!

?Gigalith use Sandstorm!? The giant rock dug it?s claws into the ground and kicked up a major sandstorm, brushing it towards the direction of the stampede. ?Alright, that?s good. I think they?re calm.? Ash sighed noticing his Pok?mon?s cries. ?Unfezant, Swellow, Noctowl, kick up some wind to blow the sandstorm away!?

The birds obeyed and soon the sandstorm was gone and out of sight. The herd were now walking away. The Raichu, Persian and Bellossom looked exhausted ? until Raichu noticed Pikachu off to the side and glared at it.

?Rai! Rai Rai Rai!? It hissed, electricity sparking from its cheeks. Flailing its nubby arms in the air ? Pikachu and Raichu began arguing. Ash simply rolled his eyes.

?You two okay?? Persian stretched and licked itself, Bellossom tugged at her hair. Ash smiled.

?Good. Now stop fighting you two,? Ash sighed and turned to Raichu, bending down and petting it on the head. ?Act your ages.?

The two stiffened suddenly. Raichu pouted with big lips. ?Rai?? It bowed apologetically.

The doors to the lab slid open ? soon Gary came out. ?Ash! The hell happened?? Ash stood up and sighed. ?Can?t I get quiet for one minute?!?

Ash?s brow twitched. ?Without me, Sean?s Pok?mon would?ve been trampled!?
?Without your stupid thirty-some-odd Taruos ? ?

Pikachu and Raichu looked at each other for a moment. A few seconds passed, as the humans above were still arguing and all it was to them was background noise.

?Didn?t they just say to act our age?? Raichu rolled its eyes.
?I know!?
?So? Does this call for an intervention??
?Kid? You thinking what I?m thinking??

?NUZZLE!? The two Mouse-Pok?mon rubbed their cheeks together and shocked the two men. Best friends still, but after all these years they had a rivalry that wouldn?t die out, even at fifty years old.

?Dammit!? Gary cried from the shock. Sitting up he rubbed his head. ?What?s the big idea??

?Rai-Chu!? Raichu let sparks fly, Pikachu placed a paw on its shoulder, nodding its own head.

?Rai?? ?I thought we were doing an intervention.?

?Patience young Sycther, know when the time is right to strike.? Pikachu giggled, Raichu rolled its eyes. ?Pika pi~? Pikachu hopped towards the other members of his team to see if they were okay.

Ash groaned. ?Sorry bout? that.? Just then Meganium ran over and tackled him ? using her vines to pick him up into a hug. ?Ouch! Easy girl ? watch it -!? Gary sighed. That Ash? Sure was something.

+++++++
?Take a look at this everyone!? The reporter had a Portuguese accent, cameras focusing in on a large tower located in the new city of Metrodale. The new capital of Sabor. ?Something big is happening at the Rainbow Tower in Metrodale!? The tower was beautiful. Seven colors of the rainbow illuminated even in the middle of the day. It was just like a real rainbow -!

?We?ve just got confirmation that these attackers are known as The Rainbow Sieges!? A Pok?mon was focused on the top of the Rainbow Tower. It was a giant dragon type. Serena sat down next to her Sylveon and looked wide-eyed. It was just like in Kalos ? how she first spotted Ash in the Prism tower with Garchomp. Except this Pok?mon was a Haxorus, of all Pok?mon.

?Mom- ?Sean sat down beside her ?What movie is this?? Sean?s Sylveon purred and rubbed up against him, he let a ribbon wrap around his wrist, but all he was paying attention to was the broadcast.

?No ? it?s not a movie. It?s a broadcast from the Sabor Region. It?s in Metrodale.? The bustling Metropolis? He?s heard of it before. His friend Lester said they had a giant archipelago there as well as a mainland with their own Pok?mon League. Several of the gyms were located on the islands as well.

Just then ? the camera showed a picture of a young man, around sixteen or seventeen with dark skin and green hair. Sean blinked. ?Huh?? He sipped on his water, Sylveon?s ribbon slipped from his wrist, now intently watching from the ground. ?That guy.? ?I swear I met him before.?

?Come on ? Haxorus!? The young man cried out there he had a Minun and Mudkip with him. He had made it all the way to the top ? all the way for Haxorus? ?No need to be afraid?? A strange device was around Haxorus?s neck. Something was wrong! It backed away and nearly fell off the tower but suddenly ? ?Mudkip cover the ground with mud!?

The boy?s Mudkip managed to get the ground sticky enough with its mud. ?Minun use Iron Tail and break the collar!? The blue mouse obeyed its trainer and charged towards the giant dragon, turning its tail into steel, Minun managed to break the collar.

?Easy Haxorus? Easy?? Soon, the ledge broke off and they had all began to fall. ?Mudkip ? ?The green-haired boy got out his Pokeball. ?Return hurry!? But he couldn?t get Minun, so instead he grabbed it as fast as he could, jumping after it.

?No way!? Sean stood up ? nearly stepping on his Sylveon ? but he didn?t care ? the kid freaking jumped! His mother screamed ? it was just like what Ash did with Pikachu in Kalos!

But all of a sudden, a giant glowing light came and swooped the two to safety. ?Huh?? The boy looked up noticing he was being carried away by a giant Pidgeot. It was strange though, this one had a completely different form to the ones he was used to seeing. ?You?re the Pidgeot from earlier!?

Soon he was landed safely to the ground. ?Professor! Dad!? Professor Eduardo Cereza looked like he had just witnessed a murder. ?Don?t worry, Haxorus is fine now.?

?Young man you are in so much trouble.? The older man who looked nearly identical to his son placed a hand over his heart. ?But I?m glad your safe.? He hugged him close ? as cameras and crowds drew closer the close up of them disappeared.

?And now a word from our region?s professor!?

??.? Serena stared at the TV for a moment. ?Sawyer?? Was that really him?

TBC

+++++

Notes: Pronounced METRO DAL LAY. (Accent on the E)

Cereza literally means cherry in Spanish, and Eduardo is based off of Eguenia involucrate the Cherry of Rio Grande ? which actually grows in my home state of Florida, in March. (Also is found in Brazil, natively.)

Metrodale is combining Metropolis and the Portuguese word for City which is Cidade.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Should i continue this? I've been wanting to write about my own region for a while, but at the same time when the Alola anime comes out I want to write about Ash & Sean's adventure there. The problem is I won't know everything about Alola when it's first released.

I could base information off the games yeah but I want to base it off of both if that makes sense. (Since this is called Pokemon Fusion, its fused with the manga, anime and games.) I don't know anything about the Alola's rival Hau (whom I'm making related to Sawyer/Shota (his son in this). I would really like to expand the Sabor Region but by the time I have all the information down - I'm afraid Alola will be out.

I'm getting both Sun & Moon, I'm just afraid things will drastically change when Sun & Moon finally come. Maybe I'll write a couple of more chapters before it comes out to further develop the region as a sort of draft. But in my Sun & Moon fic I had planned Ash & Sean to go and not use any of their previous Pokemon.

Like, Ash wasn't going to bring Pikachu along to Alola and Sean wasn't going to bring his Charizard (his starter, a Charmander). Sean is going to choose Litten when they get to Alola and Ash will choose Rowlet in my verse. But I don't know what Ash is going to choose in the anime, so I really don't know how it's going to affect my fic. Should I write Sabor? Or should I just wait until Alola starts airing and then writ write it while it's showing - and as I play the game, gradually integrate more Alola-related content into my Sabor fic?

I have no idea. I need opinions!

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
[FONT=&quot]
Should i continue this? I've been wanting to write about my own region for a while, but at the same time when the Alola anime comes out I want to write about Ash & Sean's adventure there. The problem is I won't know everything about Alola when it's first released.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Don't worry. [FONT=&quot]:)[/FONT] Generally, people just handwave stuff that contradicts their own headcanon and literally not mention it at all. If you can slip it in when the info comes out, great! If not, it's not the end of the world. Retconning is a thing, but it's not encouraged if not strictly necessary. Sabor is its own region and it's your own thing. Alola takes place years before this so you can just be as vague as possible if you really must refer to Alola at all, which you really aren't obliged to. If you're really committed to having this be related to Alola though, have you considered if this might work better as an Alola fic instead of a Sabor fic?

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Aside from that, most of your fic is already pretty good as far as dialogue and exposition goes. You might want to get a beta-reader for the o[FONT=&quot]dd[/FONT] mistake here and there (like "damn chipper of all the challenger" which doesn't make sense to me, unless it's an expression I'm not familiar with, and it[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]s missing a pluralised "challengers" anyway), but aside from that it's all good and doesn't have many beginner mistakes. One thing I do want to point out is that you do have this small tendency to display the internal thoughts of both characters within the same scene which is not a great thing to do.
[/FONT]
"No way!" Sean stood up – nearly stepping on his Sylveon – but he didn't care – the kid freaking jumped! His mother screamed – it was just like what Ash did with Pikachu in Kalos!
[FONT=&quot]Here, the narration describes both Sean and Serena's internal monologue in the same paragraph. Preferably, for your standard narration style and for a particular scene if not the whole story, you want to focus on one character throughout the whole story when it comes to internal monologue, even in third person. It's called narrative distance and you want to avoid going into the heads of too many people if you can help it because it comes off as more "telling" rather than "showing."

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]At the very least, pick a character focus for each scene for internal thoughts and switch sparingly. It's usually always better to show how a character is feeling anyway rather than telling the reader about it.
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
PSS: I know Brazil doesn't have an Emperor, but this is my own made up region so I can add what I want ;3!
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Well, the Empire of Brazil did have at least two Emperors from 1822-1889, the last of which apparently didn't care much for the throne. So maybe you could use that somehow?[/FONT]

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Don't worry. [FONT=&quot]:)[/FONT] Generally, people just handwave stuff that contradicts their own headcanon and literally not mention it at all. If you can slip it in when the info comes out, great! If not, it's not the end of the world. Retconning is a thing, but it's not encouraged if not strictly necessary. Sabor is its own region and it's your own thing. Alola takes place years before this so you can just be as vague as possible if you really must refer to Alola at all, which you really aren't obliged to. If you're really committed to having this be related to Alola though, have you considered if this might work better as an Alola fic instead of a Sabor fic?

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Aside from that, most of your fic is already pretty good as far as dialogue and exposition goes. You might want to get a beta-reader for the o[FONT=&quot]dd[/FONT] mistake here and there (like "damn chipper of all the challenger" which doesn't make sense to me, unless it's an expression I'm not familiar with, and it[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]s missing a pluralised "challengers" anyway), but aside from that it's all good and doesn't have many beginner mistakes. One thing I do want to point out is that you do have this small tendency to display the internal thoughts of both characters within the same scene which is not a great thing to do.
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Here, the narration describes both Sean and Serena's internal monologue in the same paragraph. Preferably, for your standard narration style and for a particular scene if not the whole story, you want to focus on one character throughout the whole story when it comes to internal monologue, even in third person. It's called narrative distance and you want to avoid going into the heads of too many people if you can help it because it comes off as more "telling" rather than "showing."

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]At the very least, pick a character focus for each scene for internal thoughts and switch sparingly. It's usually always better to show how a character is feeling anyway rather than telling the reader about it.
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Well, the Empire of Brazil did have at least two Emperors from 1822-1889, the last of which apparently didn't care much for the throne. So maybe you could use that somehow?[/FONT]

Thank you! I'm still developing this fic as well as the region itself. So it was sort of like the draft of the whole story, if I come back in a few weeks with a totally different chapter then you'll see what I mean.

Ah, I'm a bit picky when it comes to Betas. That, and there's no one around who would want to be my Beta anyway. There are made up cities and town names that I don't want to get a person confused with. But if anyone on this site would want to be my Beta then sure, by all means.

Thanks for the tips!

Back