• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NU Team (Need help revising)

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
Well this team is my first attempt in a competitive NU team for Pokemon Online (I prefer this over Shoddy), I'm open to and ideas and you can be completely honest with it. So without further to do here's my team.

Persian @ Silk Scarf
Ability:
Technician
Nature:
Jolly
Ev's:
4 Hp/252 Att/252 Spe
Moveset:

Fake Out
U-turn
Hypnosis
Rain Dance

Persian is my lead usually starting off with a fake out to hinder stealth rockers then hypnotizing the foe to allow few turns to initiate a strategy. Rainy Day is mostly used for support in which it allows me to set up for any of my other pokemon. Once the foe is safely asleep I can u-turn and choose my next pokemon.

Gorebyss @ Life Orb

Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest
Ev's: 36 Hp/252 SpAtt/220 Spe
Moveset:
Hydro Pump/Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic
HP Grass

Once Rain Dance is set up Gorebyss is one of the possible switch in's I can use. With it's respectable Special Attack among the NU tier Gorebyss is my go to counter for enemy Entei. HP Grass allows a counter for Quagsires, Octillery or any bulky water type.

Qwilfish @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Moveset:
Swords Dance
Waterfall
Poison Jab
Explosion

Parasect @ Damp Rock
Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Impish
Ev's: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Moveset:
Spore
Rain Dance
X-Scissor
Aromatherapy

Manetric @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 4 Def/252 SpAtt/252 Spe
Moveset:
Thunder
Signal Beam
HP Grass
Substitute

This is my third choice for the switch in after using u-turn. Manetric is used as an alternate choice if Rain dance is occurring encase of a prediction (so I can have several choices to throw off the opponent).

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Ev's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Moveset:
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Aqua Jet

Again I really want some critiquing since I'm still in the planning stage. I'm open for change and you can be brutally honest, I won't be offended.

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lol Rainy Day? What's Rainy Day?

Anyways, if this is supposed to be a Rain Dance team, then it certainly could be a lot better.
Your Persian, Gorebyss, and Manectric are good choices. The other three not so much.

NINETALES

No way. Absolutely do not use Ninetales or any Fire type on a team that uses Rain Dance. The whole point of using a weather team is to have the weather activated as much as possible throughout the battle. That means Ninetales will be extremely hindered on this team.

Instead of Ninetales, use another Swift Swim sweeper:

Qwilfish @Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Swift Swim
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Poison Jab
-Explosion

MEDICHAM

Medicham isn't hindered by the rain, but it doesn't benefit from the rain either so it doesn't belong on this team.

If you want a fast and powerful physical sweeper, Floatzel is the way to go:

Floatzel @Life Orb
Swift Swim
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break
-Aqua Jet

POLITOED

The problem with this set is that after you Belly Drum, you only have 1 Attacking move. So if a Water Absorb Pokemon like Quagsire/Mantine comes in, it will wall you completely. You do need another Rain Dancer though, so go with
Parasect:

Parasect @Damp Rock
Impish
Dry Skin
252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD

-Spore
-Rain Dance
-X-Scissor
-Aromatherapy

Lastly, replace Flamethrower on Manectric with Signal Beam, which hits Grass types but isn't hindered by the Rain.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
Alright that sounds good, I'll change the post around. About the Rainy Day typo, it was 1 am almost 2 and I needed some sleep.

Back