• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Crabominable's Ice Party

Years
tumblr_o0b8djm57v1tqptlzo1_500.gif

ChristmasBanner1.jpg

Background music:
Spoiler:

Welcome to PokeCommunity's Monthly-MiniChallenge Spooky Event HOLIDAY PARTY!

What's This?
Every month, we will hold a mini-challenge that can be completed on an existing save, or in conjunction with a challenge you're working on. But this time, we decided to bring you old school Holiday Event.

General rules:
- All main series games are allowed
- Unlike regular Monthly-Mini Challenge, you have to start new game this time and beat it
- You can trade/hack in one of your Pokemon as Starter Pokemon
- Holidays are meant to be peaceful. Poison and Fighting-Types (with only exception being Crabominable) are banned for this challenge
- This challenge will run December 17th 2017 to January 14th 2018

Let's get to the funny part

Team Building
- Your whole team must be based on these Christmas symbols:

Special Snowflake - Ice-type or Fairy-Type that don't evolve by leveling OR Chimecho or Cryogonal*
Decorations - Pokemon that you would hang as decoration during Christmas
Gift bringer - Pokemon that symbolize your country's Holiday's icon (Santa Claus, Grandpa Frost, La Befana, Ježíšek, Belsnickel, ...)
Chanukija - Pokemon that has visible burning flame on itself
Family together - Pokemon with supporting move (or move made for double battles)
GIFTS!!! - Another player will give you this Pokemon based on your wish

*Pokemon that became Fairy-Type in GEN VI count for GEN I-V

And finally, sign-up:
Name:
Game:
Holidays: (What are you celebrating this year)
Wish: (What do you wish for? Another player will pick a Pokemon based on your wish)

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Name: LRachelR5
Game: Black 2
Holidays: Christmas
Wish: That those effected by natural disasters this year are still able to celebrate their holidays as best they can

Years
Name: LRachelR5
Game: Black 2
Wish: That those effected by natural disasters this year are still able to celebrate their holidays as best they can

I think Leavanny could help you fulfill your wish as it helps keeping eggs and small Pokemon warm.

Also, my sign-up

Name: Janp
Game: Gold
Wish: Well, I can't beat LRachelR5 in generosity, so I'll wish for the most selfish thing I could think of. I want to have peaceful Christmas!

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
i knew you would come up with something great. i'll hold off actually starting till i'm home tonight, but since i'll be at home with access to a stronger computer i might as well play a more modern game.

Name: MachoPony
Game: Soulsilver
Wish: That people are satisfied and happy with what they get or don't get and simply enjoy the holiday, not the commercial aspect of it.

Years
Just wanted to say that I edited main post a little bit (adding one note to Special Snowflake and changed Background music from Spooky theme to Cristmas theme :D )

i knew you would come up with something great. i'll hold off actually starting till i'm home tonight, but since i'll be at home with access to a stronger computer i might as well play a more modern game.

Name: MachoPony
Game: Soulsilver
Wish: That people are satisfied and happy with what they get or don't get and simply enjoy the holiday, not the commercial aspect of it.

I think Lickitung is exactly Pokemon that don't care of what it gets and would probably enjoy holiday not because of gifts, but because of food. Also, long time ago, there was no commercial aspect to Christmas, that's why Lickitung is better suited for you that its evolution.

PS: I'm waiting for my gift to :)

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I think Leavanny could help you fulfill your wish as it helps keeping eggs and small Pokemon warm.

Also, my sign-up

Name: Janp
Wish: Well, I can't beat LRachelR5 in generosity, so I'll wish for the most selfish thing I could think of. I want to have peaceful Christmas!

I'll throw my hat into the ring, but quick question first: Are we allowed to hack in Pokemon that would fit the theme but are otherwise unobtainable?

Name: thenickel09
Game: Ruby
Wish: A White Christmas with tons of snow :D

Also, for Janp:

Peaceful Christmas would seem to fall right into the hands of Noctowl, who can act as a watcher as the day winds down.

Years
I'll throw my hat into the ring, but quick question first: Are we allowed to hack in Pokemon that would fit the theme but are otherwise unobtainable?

Name: thenickel09
Wish: A White Christmas with tons of snow :D

Also, for Janp:

Peaceful Christmas would seem to fall right into the hands of Noctowl, who can act as a watcher as the day winds down.

I think that Walrein would be perfect at giving you that white Christmas that you want because it can summon Blizzards

Years
and i'll begin one more game... this forum is breaking me

Name: Piloswine
Game: LeafGreen
Wish: Honestly, I wish a SNES Classic and a Switch

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
and i'll begin one more game... this forum is breaking me

Name: Piloswine
Game: LeafGreen
Wish: Honestly, I wish a SNES Classic and a Switch

I think Porygon should fulfill your technological desire

Question. if a pokemon evolves through levelling under special conditions (such as with a certain move, or a certain item held) does it count for the first challeng? or does it have to be just, not levelling up at all. like Trade or stone.

Last edited:
Years
I was willing to play, but I actually won't have time now, so I'm signing off.
I still hope to play some holiday challenge in the future. :)

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
got it, i know my team then.

Togekiss
Starmie
Jynx (see: Holiday Hi-Jynx)
Typhlosion
Filler (like really this can be virtually anything)
Lickitung

Years
Name: L'Belle
Game: Moon
Wish: I wish that even the loneliest people can enjoy Christmas!

I think Wishiwashi is right Pokemon for you as it shows that no matter how lonely you think you are, there are always people that will help :)

Name: peter McLightning
Wish: If Santa Clause was reall

Ho ho ho! I think Grumpig is exactly the Pokemon you are looking for. It's fat and have magical powers.

Supercami

Supercami
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 21, 2020
Name: Supercami
Wish: to have some wonderful memories of me and my girlfriend celebrating Christmas

Supercami

Supercami
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 21, 2020
Wish: I wish that I can relax during my holiday

Years
Wish: to have some wonderful memories of me and my girlfriend celebrating Christmas

Sorry for the waiting :) But I think Xatu is good Pokemon for you, because it can see future, past and present at once, so you'll always be reminded of your awesome memories :)

Years
Just thought I would post an update, not gonna use a spoiler seeing as so much has happened but I have made it to Undella Town on my way to Laconosa Town.

TEAM
Spoiler:

Back