• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

⚜ The Grass Type Pokemon Fan Club ⚜

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
Name: Cardinal
Partner Pokemon: Snaptrap the Carnivine <3
Reason for joining: I love Grass types as they are my 2nd favorite types. I think they are good competitive wise as you can use some as healers and some as attackers.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
worst :
540.png
1.png
i don't like the colors/colours.
Best :
252.png
549.png
547.png
i like the colors/colours. :P

Oh really! I find Sewaddle to be similar colours to Lilligant. :3 Why don't you like those colours? I don't mind them to be honest, I like the sharpness and 'zing' of the alternations buuut, Whimsicott's fluffiness as been drained from its shiny sprite. (I my opinion.)

Name: Cardinal
Partner Pokemon: Snaptrap the Carnivine <3
Reason for joining: I love Grass types as they are my 2nd favorite types. I think they are good competitive wise as you can use some as healers and some as attackers.

Welcome Carnidal, hope you a fabulous time here. Haha; I like the name of you're Carnivine, very creative. You've also got a good point there, although fraigle grass types can be great healers and can inflict quite a bit of damage using their status-inducing moves. I find leech-seed + bigroot to be quite an effective combination especially when the pokemon knows Giga Drain also.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
Curious, I got the name from this show and a villain's name is Snaptrap. XD

Years
Some of my fave and least fave Shiny Grass Pokemon sprites.

Faves:

556.gif

Maractus - It looks way cooler as a Shiny and I love the purple highlights on it.

541.gif

Swadloon - It has a very interesting and unique color combination.

549.gif

Lilligant - She looks even more beautiful when Shiny!

492.gif
492-sky.gif

Shaymin - I love Shiny Shaymin.

495.gif

Snivy - I love the teal green color.

252.gif
253.gif
254.gif

Treecko, Grovyle & Sceptile - Their Shiny colors look so different to other starters.

271.gif

Lombre - Again, beautiful teal green color.

Least faves:

Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Leavanny, Leafeon, Deerling, Sawsbuck, most 1st Gen Grass-types.

They look too dull.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Posting pictures for the Grass type Pokemon!! Hope everyone likes them!
Spoiler:

Oweena

Average Trainer
Years
Heyy!

Name: Owen
Partner pokemon: Tropius
Reson for joining: I've always loved how quirky grass type can be in battle, they've gotten me out of many tight spots before! (Gots to love leech seed!) ;D

My first grass pokemon? I believe it was a venusaur on pokemon yellow that I traded for with a boy in france because my game somehow got stuck and the girl in cerulean city wouldn't give me her bulbasaur... he was called Pikachu(g). I do miss him.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Heyy!

Reson for joining: I've always loved how quirky grass type can be in battle, they've gotten me out of many tight spots before! (Gots to love leech seed!) ;D

My first grass pokemon? I believe it was a venusaur on pokemon yellow that I traded for with a boy in france because my game somehow got stuck and the girl in cerulean city wouldn't give me her bulbasaur... he was called Pikachu(g). I do miss him.

Welcome to the club!

By the way, beautiful pictures Sector. :3

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I'm loving this picture.

c51ed2af2038baeee572f66b66d9b26d0722c35e.jpg

This is what my garden would look like. <3

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Heyy!

welcome to the club,Owen!!

Posting pictures for the Grass type Pokemon!! Hope everyone likes them!
Spoiler:

beautiful pics!!

Years
I'm loving this picture.

c51ed2af2038baeee572f66b66d9b26d0722c35e.jpg

This is what my garden would look like. <3

I can name all the Pokemon in the pic:

Celebi, Jumpluff, Wormadam (Plant Cloak), Shiftry, Tropius, Venusaur, Seedot, Cradily, Gloom, Victreebel, Ferrothorn, Simisage, Abomasnow, Meganium, Carnivine, Turtwig, Skiploom, Treecko, Cacturne, Torterra, Serperior, Paras, Grovyle, Snover, Oddish, Sawsbuck, Chikorita, Skiploom, Nuzleaf, Leavanny, Breloom, Roserade, Tangrowth, Petilil, Parasect, Lileep, Tangela, Leafeon, Maractus, Servine, Bellsprout, Amoonguss, Hoppip, Rotom (Mow Form), Cacnea, Sewaddle, Pansage, Foongus, Bellossom, Ludicolo, Vileplume, Deerling, Lotad, Cherrim, Exeggcute, Shaymin (Land Form), Weepinbell, Sunflora, Lombre, Swadloon, Cherubi, Sunkern, Bulbasaur, Lilligant, Roselia, Snivy, Ferroseed, Shroomish, Whimsicott, Bayleef, Budew and Cottonee.

Last edited:

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Name: Halcyon
Partner Pokemon: Xavier the Sawsbuck
Reason for joining: I think Grass-types are really a calm and collected lot. It just makes me want to be around them. ^___^ And I hear they smell nice too! XD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Reason for joining: I think Grass-types are really a calm and collected lot. It just makes me want to be around them. ^___^ And I hear they smell nice too! XD

Hiya Halycon, sorry for the late welcome. :] I hope you enjoy your stay here and I hope you have a load of fun. Ooh, and they defnitely smell nice. Except for a few..you know.. Cacnea etc.

And by the way I never noticed the Rotom Mow scarring the pokemon away.

Years

Hi Halcyon, thanks for joining!

Sawsbuck is so cool with its seasonal appearances, my fave being the Summer and Winter forms.

I even use one on my Black team.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think it's time for a new topic in here. :)

New topic: Which Grass type Pokemon's design contains the most unique features?

I'm stuck between the Bulbasaur family and the Tangela family... Having a plant growing out of your back is pretty unique to me xD Although kinda ripped off by Torterra's tree and continent idea... Also a very unique concept though, what other Pokemon can be lived on? :3 I think Tangela/Tangrowth's concept is certainly unique as it is practically a ball of vines with feet :3 I find its red feet very odd though - it's almost like it's wearing shoes? :s I'd very much like to see a shaved Tangela tbh just to see what its like. xD

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Username: angelomanalo
Partner: Snowy the Abomasnow
Reason for Joining: Boy, I like plants, and even rare ones. I like to view my garden; and I like a Grass Type which is strong against itself!
I think it's time for a new topic in here. :)

New topic: Which Grass type Pokemon's design contains the most unique features?

I'm stuck between the Bulbasaur family and the Tangela family... Having a plant growing out of your back is pretty unique to me xD Although kinda ripped off by Torterra's tree and continent idea... Also a very unique concept though, what other Pokemon can be lived on? :3 I think Tangela/Tangrowth's concept is certainly unique as it is practically a ball of vines with feet :3 I find its red feet very odd though - it's almost like it's wearing shoes? :s I'd very much like to see a shaved Tangela tbh just to see what its like. xD
Well, I'd pick Abomasnow and Ferrothorn :P What? They have unique typing, but I'd prefer Abomasnow, since it and Snover are the only Grass Type Pokemon to have the ability Snow Warning.

Years
Which Grass type Pokemon's design contains the most unique features?

I'd say Ferrothorn's whips, it can even use Power Whip.

And don't forget Sawsbuck's season-changing antlers.

I'd also say the flower on Lilligant's head.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Name:AWsquared
Partner Pokemon: Treecko
Reason for joining: I love grass Pokemon and always tend to pick the Grass-type starter. Plus Treecko is my favorite Pokemon which is a grass type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back