• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creating new map sections

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a new map section in pokeemerald. To specify, I'm not merely adding a new map, which I know can easily be done with the current version of Porymap, but also a new section. I'm having a bit of a trouble: I can make the new map section appear within Porymap and everything compiles without errors, it's just that the name of the map is not displayed in-game at all when I enter the map. Also, any wild pokémon caught within that map has a location of "somewhere". The map name popup has a wooden theme, no matter what I do. I have modified the following files:

include/constants/region_map_sections.h
include/constants/map_groups.h
src/landmark.c
src/map_name_popup.c
src/data/region_map/region_map_entries.h

I have tried to understand all the files where map sections are defined and referenced, but I'm quite out of luck. If anyone knows more about this, I would be very grateful for your help!

Back