• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Zeiro's Shiny Redesigns

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
So I've been in a slump lately and not felt all that creative. I was thinking the other night that I'd work through the Pokedex and redesign every Shiny Pokemon, but then I got to Wartortle and gave up haha. I was struggling on what I could do for the more plain Pokemon like Mew/Ditto/Whoever else, and the more intricate ones like Dialga and Palkia.

Anyway, here are the ones I did do far. Instead of doing a color that looked good, I tried to give them a Shiny that made sense given their design origins. For Bulbasaur, I origianlly went with a blue/black pattern to tie in with its frog design and give it the colors of a Poison Arrow frog, with the colors of an onion plant for its bulb; but the colors didn't mesh well so I changed it's skin color to represent soil.
Spoiler:

Charmander I felt like doing a color swap, giving Charmander/Charmeleon Charizard's shiny colors, and vice versa
Spoiler:

Then I got to Squirtle and gave up, didn't really have a vision here though
Spoiler:

I'll just post here from time to time when I've done another one, or if you want to suggest something feel free and I'll see what I can do. Just tried my hand at this since they only take a few minutes each and figured it was an easy way to try get my creative juices flowing. Plus trying to give them a theme that goes with their design was a nice touch.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Aw, this is a cute idea! What program are you using to change the colors?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
Been a bit bored/sick thepast few days so went back to this. I decided to do the Oddish line for now, basing them off a different species of corpse flower

j8G0rkh.jpeg

Oddish already had the "baby" concept down with it's original shiny colors, so I just did those on it's coloration, but changed up Gloom and Vileplume to represent this purple variety. The colors on Vileplume are a little off but I can't be bothered fixing it. Might just be the eyes since I didn't transfer Oddish's shiny orange eyes over to it, but I really love how Gloom turned out!

Spoiler:

Back