• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Ranking the Core Series Regions

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
How would everyone like all the Pokémon regions ranked? They could all get various points according to several categories like Diversity, Lore, Story, Regional Villains, how fun it is to explore, its overall feel, etc.
I think this would be a pretty fun idea, and I do have some ideas regarding this, but I would like to know the opinions of everyone here about this.

So, how does it sound?Thoughts?

Years
I'm definitely interested in reading this type of article =) Seems like it'd be a lot of work but there is so much to explore with each region and you could make some really interesting content with it all.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm assuming this is based on the games themselves and not the Anime correct? The latter has been discussed ad nauseam but it'd be interesting to read a ranking of the games, specifically where Crystal, Emerald and Platinum would rank.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
How would everyone like all the Pokémon regions ranked? They could all get various points according to several categories like Diversity, Lore, Story, Regional Villains, how fun it is to explore, its overall feel, etc.
I think this would be a pretty fun idea, and I do have some ideas regarding this, but I would like to know the opinions of everyone here about this.

So, how does it sound?Thoughts?
Sounds like a neat idea to me. Some questions to consider:

- Would you rank each region as an overall, and also in each category?
--- If yes to both, then maybe a way to present rankings in the article would be in a table, and followed by some paragraphs explaining that ranking in each category.
- Something you will rank yourself (ergo your opinion), or will you weigh up other people's thoughts?
- Would this just be the regions in the main series titles, or also spinoffs (PMD titles, Colosseum, XD: Gale of Darkness, Ranger, etc)?
--- Sevii Islands? (FRLG only)

Back