• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Wally Version: Dear Dairy

Years
Just trying out the Travel Journal to keep track of my playthroughs.

I've completed all of main series except duplicates (red&blue only played blue)
Now i'm into ROM HACKS.

I never use the same pokemon twice, so whenever i beat a game with one, i will never use it again unless it's a different evolution (think eevee family)

Now I just started Wally Version of Emerald, a neat looking hack. I can't use all of Wally's team because I've used all of those pokemon at some point in the past.
1 hr in, i still haven't encounter a pokemon i haven't used before.

Wish me luck, I will update if there is anything to update or if I remember this travel journal is a thing.

Years
Update:

Found Seedot near Petalburg city, the first of early game pokemon that i can use under restrictions I've set for myself.
I caught it and pc'd all others, the real game starts now for me.

Seedot early game is soooooo bad, he couldn't tackle and only have Bide, I basically need to go to Pokemon Center everytime after a battle and avoid whatever trainer for a while. It got better with bulletseed and evolved into Nuzleaf. The lucky egg at Brendan's house is quite nice and it's definitely intended as an easter egg or something because the plot didn't need Wally to visit Littleroot town at all.

Now i've stomped everything so far with my overlevelled Nuzleaf (Lv40)besides the Electric Gym. Having no regularly effective moves against Wattson is not easy and i didn't want Nuzleaf to learn rocksmash since it already knows cuts.

As of right now, I'm trying to find a pokemon that i can use for rocksmash. I don't want HM slaves, I want my pokemon to contribute equally to Adventure and Battles.

That's about it for now.

Last edited:
Back