• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team Kaizo

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
8LUC99f.png

WARNING! THIS HACK IS IN NO WAY FUN AND IS SUFFERING TO GET THROUGH!​

About a year ago I decided to start making Pokemon Red Rescue Team Kaizo. The game was so painful to get through, that I stopped working on it on Mt. Steel. Some weeks ago, I got back some motivation and completed the hack up to the end of the main story (Sky Tower).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The hack is such a pain that I wasn't able to complete it for "testing purposes". I gave up at Uproar Forest. It was just too much at that point. It is however, fully functional until the very end.

Features:
-Increased levels of opposing Pokemon
-Saving before entering (almost) every dungeon
-The chance of encountering a Monster House has been massively increased. Expect one on every floor.
-The frequency of traps has been massively increased and only the most annoying traps appear (PP drain trap, Sticky trap and Warp trap)
-The layout of every dungeon is the same as the one used in Western Cave. This means they often have a lot of rooms and dead ends.
-The hack is complete up to the Sky Tower. Past that point, it is unmodified (if people want to have the post-game modified as well, I might do it)
-This hack hates you!

Here are the stats I had when I gave up at the Uproar Forest (the time is so high because I used speed up a lot):
Spoiler:

Known bugs:
Spoiler:

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6as0lc4857ectn5/PMD+-+Red+Rescue+Team+KAIZO.ips

The original ROM name that was used for hacking was called: "2567 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team (E)(Rising Sun)"

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Is it supposed to say kaizo on the title screen because it doesn't for me

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Is it supposed to say kaizo on the title screen because it doesn't for me

No it's not. The Kaizo things was just a thing I made in Paint. My knowledge of the game doesn't include changing the game graphics hehe xd

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 29, 2020
So, I patched this in with a GBA > CIA converter since I realized I didn't actually have an IPS patcher, just a UPS one (aside from the CIA converter, that is). The end results were a ROM that didn't seem to have kaizo'd anything, couldn't save, and froze during the Diglet, uh, 'cutscene', a couple days after the magnemite job. Any ideas what might've caused this? Turning it into a CIA shouldn't be a problem, since that's what's needed for the 3DS to run GBA games, but who knows? Though a Fire Emblem randomizer converted this way runs with no problems, so hmm... Might be that the ROM itself is different (since I know the original place the ROM you used was hosted had to take down all their ROMs, so I looked elsewhere.) Still, in that case, it'd normally just fail to patch, so once again... Hmmm...

Last edited:

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
So, I patched this in with a GBA > CIA converter since I realized I didn't actually have an IPS patcher, just a UPS one (aside from the CIA converter, that is). The end results were a ROM that didn't seem to have kaizo'd anything, couldn't save, and froze during the Diglet, uh, 'cutscene', a couple days after the magnemite job. Any ideas what might've caused this? Turning it into a CIA shouldn't be a problem, since that's what's needed for the 3DS to run GBA games, but who knows? Though a Fire Emblem randomizer converted this way runs with no problems, so hmm... Might be that the ROM itself is different (since I know the original place the ROM you used was hosted had to take down all their ROMs, so I looked elsewhere.) Still, in that case, it'd normally just fail to patch, so once again... Hmmm...

Either you need to have the correct original ROM or have to use Lunar IPS patcher (I have no experience using other patchers). If the very first dungeon puts you to level 1, then it's working.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2021
Hey yo! I made an account just to try to play this game, I'm having an issue. When i patch the gba file with Luna ips patcher it says its successfully patched, but rom aint doing nothing. it plays just as a regular rom without any patch. I dunno what im doing wrong. So ya can you pls help? I really wanna play through the circles of hell.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2021
YUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I figured it out! im such an idiot, i used a different pmd red rom from yours lol. so yay! so far my partner got one shoted so this i'll be fun

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Bet it won't

You know what would make it even more insane? Giving an enemy itemize in their moveset. Idk if it's possible to edit learnsets yet, but if it is, giving select Pokemon it could make this game very frustrating. Itemize as a move doesn't miss, and you only need to set the PP to 1 (to avoid user spamming it on the AI) and it's unusable during boss fights.

Just imagine: You're on floor 90+ of Purity Forest and have a few reviver seeds, are a decent level and plenty of rare items and out of the blue, an enemy uses itemize and turns you into an apple, ending your long, brutal adventure.

I'd be pissed lol.

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
You know what would make it even more insane? Giving an enemy itemize in their moveset. Idk if it's possible to edit learnsets yet, but if it is, giving select Pokemon it could make this game very frustrating. Itemize as a move doesn't miss, and you only need to set the PP to 1 (to avoid user spamming it on the AI) and it's unusable during boss fights.

Just imagine: You're on floor 90+ of Purity Forest and have a few reviver seeds, are a decent level and plenty of rare items and out of the blue, an enemy uses itemize and turns you into an apple, ending your long, brutal adventure.

I'd be pissed lol.

That is a possibility for sure. I would need to figure out how to edit movesets first.
I'll keep this in mind if I decide to add an update for the postgame

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
That is a possibility for sure. I would need to figure out how to edit movesets first.
I'll keep this in mind if I decide to add an update for the postgame

If you figure it out, maybe replace one of Mew's moves with Itemize, but keep Transform. I think it would be frustrating looking for Mew then accidentally using something like Heat Wave when he's not in a nearby recruitable position after he's already transformed to something else or even getting hit by an unsuspecting Itemize by a disguised Mew.

Mew is normally a pushover stat-wise. Not sure why Nintendo made it that way. Giving him this move could make it much more rewarding upon it becoming a team member.

Also, I'd be very surprised if someone finishes this game (without cheats) and posts a video of the gameplay. I'll eat my own hat if they manage to go a step further and do all the post game sidequests in a mod so frustrating lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2021
YOOO I got back from a week of playing this AND I LOVE IT. IM SO ADDICTED TO PLAYING THIS. THANK YOU!!! Its so much fun. Im at the part where everyone is trying to kill me for being "the ninetails legend human" so far.
Honestly this game scratched the itched I was needing. I like pmd but the games are way too easy so I would get bored doing replays. I though that maybe I was just too old to enjoy pokemon anymore. I didn't complete my pokemon Sun game bc it was too easy so I got bored. Haven't touch another mainline game since. This hack feels like a whole new experience, its awesome. I love how it allows me to strategize and level grind. Not to mention that money also appears more frequently due to all the monster houses so I can finally afford the expensive TMs
I use skitty (hero) and Pikachu (partner)
Skitty has cute charm, which works wonders in monster houses. I taught it thunderbolt which hits all foes around her within a tile range, she knows double slap which hits like a bitch and gets stab.
Pikachu has static, which works great like cute charm. He also knows thunderbolt, quick attack so he wont watch me die attacking someone, and I taught him dig which hits real hard and really helps avoid a ton of damage in monster houses.
After a learning curve, I got used to avoiding the traps. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU! THE HACK IS GREAT!

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
YOOO I got back from a week of playing this AND I LOVE IT. IM SO ADDICTED TO PLAYING THIS. THANK YOU!!! Its so much fun. Im at the part where everyone is trying to kill me for being "the ninetails legend human" so far.
Honestly this game scratched the itched I was needing. I like pmd but the games are way too easy so I would get bored doing replays. I though that maybe I was just too old to enjoy pokemon anymore. I didn't complete my pokemon Sun game bc it was too easy so I got bored. Haven't touch another mainline game since. This hack feels like a whole new experience, its awesome. I love how it allows me to strategize and level grind. Not to mention that money also appears more frequently due to all the monster houses so I can finally afford the expensive TMs
I use skitty (hero) and Pikachu (partner)
Skitty has cute charm, which works wonders in monster houses. I taught it thunderbolt which hits all foes around her within a tile range, she knows double slap which hits like a bitch and gets stab.
Pikachu has static, which works great like cute charm. He also knows thunderbolt, quick attack so he wont watch me die attacking someone, and I taught him dig which hits real hard and really helps avoid a ton of damage in monster houses.
After a learning curve, I got used to avoiding the traps. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU! THE HACK IS GREAT!

I'm find it shocking that there are multiple people on this planet that not only find this fun, but actually love the experience.

Back