• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beginner.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
I have never played Pokémon before. I just bought a 3DS xl and I was going to buy the newest Pokémon game. However I have never played and I do not know a thing about Pokémon. It looks so confusing to me. Can someone tell me where I can go and learn how to play and the basics? I eventually want to build a team, breed Pokémon and play against people. But I have no idea where to begin or how to play.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The games lately tend to give tutorials and such, so you'll learn the basics just by playing the game--that's often one of the best ways to learn something really, through experience.

Memorizing the type chart like colours mentioned would be one good thing to do. Fortunately, since you're on this site now, there's plenty of people who can help you out with games and any questions you might have.

Breeding and battling against other people is something you can worry about much later when you're much more familiar with the rest of the games.

Back