• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Better PokeCenters

Years
This script/accompanying event generates a new animation for the pokecenter; both displaying the balls on the healing machine one at a time, and uses the appropriate graphics to reflect what balls your pokemon are in (Master, Great, Dive, etc)

When copying and pasting scripts from pokecommunity, use Thread Tools -> Printable Version
There is a formatting problem that breaks some scripts. If you encounter a "Syntax error", your lack of reading this warning is most likely the cause.

First thing, add this script in a new section above the main.
Spoiler:

And add this folder (which contains the graphics for each ball) into Graphics/Pictures
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ucad4vbtut2q4t9/Balls.rar

Now, for setting up the events.
Instead of making this overcomplicated, I've just made an example map with the necessary events.
Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/05bi57377zg76b6/Map009.rxdata
Note that this map's number is 009, so you'll probably have to change that before adding it to your game to avoid overwriting a previous map.

Video of this working:

PS: To add a new ball's graphic, just put it in the same folder. Named "ball_X", where X is it's ID number (if you'd added a new ball, you've defined this.) If a ball graphic is not found for a particular ball, it defaults to "ball_0", which is a pokeball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Looks great!
I'll be using this for sure.
Thanks for creating and sharing this.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
Hi, I've tried to use this script, but it didn't work for me, maybe someone can explain me how to make it work?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
Is there anyone who edited the script to be like generation 5 way that could help me out I ain't good with scripts. I'm using the black and white tileset and I can't figure out how to do it.

Years
Is there anyone who edited the script to be like generation 5 way that could help me out I ain't good with scripts. I'm using the black and white tileset and I can't figure out how to do it.

I would imagine that this is where the script displays the balls on the screen. (I could be wrong though)

Code:
when 0
        bitmap1.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]20,50[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect1)
        bitmap1.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]20,98[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect1)
        bitmap1.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]20,146[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect1)
      when 1
        bitmap2.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]0,50[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect2)
        bitmap2.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]0,98[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect2)
        bitmap2.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]0,146[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect2)
      when 2
        bitmap1.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]20,106[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect1)
        bitmap1.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]20,154[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect1)
      when 3
        bitmap2.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]0,106[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect2)
        bitmap2.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]0,154[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect2)
      when 4
        bitmap1.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]20,162[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect1)
      when 5
        bitmap2.blt([B][I][COLOR="Red"]0,162[/COLOR][/I][/B],@sprites["ball#{i}"].bitmap,rect2)
      end

balls with a 0 for the first number is on the left and ball with a 20 for the first number being on the right, the second number should be how high on the screen the ball is placed. you can play with these numbers to get the layout you want.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
That doesn't work I tried because how the events are placed doesn't allow them to be put in the proper place because they go out of the event window I don't know how to properly explain it I hope you get what I mean half of the graphic appears one side of the event and half on the other side.
If anyone finds out how to make it work please tell me.
I just need to know how to move the event over a little then it will be fine.

Last edited:
Back