The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 7th, 2011 (4:11 PM).
twitter.com/puccarts

Nature: Serious
    What is your guy's style?
    I'm not gay but.. thought this would be fun to answer~
    He's pretty plain t-shirt and jeans sort of guy~ Always wears his glasses (contacts dry his eyes out by the end of the day) and.. hair longer than mine which is saying a lot. It's like halfway down his chest, but I really like it on him!
    :3 I joke and say he's a viking at time because of the hair and because he's into metal.. but I think he's a cutie~
    I got him a military-style jacket last year and he's been wearing it.. and *_* I love structured clothing on men. I think every guy's style should just.. revert back to the 50s or something. Nothing sexier than a man in a suit. Honestly I think that men look so sharp and attractive in something like that. And it contrasts with his long hair and I dunno.. :3 I should protest that he take pictures of him in it.. but yeah. Otherwise he'll just throw on a shirt over some jeans~

Though he really loves European clothes more than American clothing. He finds European styles are cut much more streamlined.. and since he has wide shoulders and a narrow waist it suits and fits him a lot more comfortably <3 I don't complain since it looks great on him <3

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 7th, 2011 (4:36 PM).
    CoquettishCat

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pikapal642 View Post

I really thank you for defending me to the death on this one. xD And I don't want to disrespect that, but I feel the need to defend my parents. Sorry. v__v

While yeah, it would have been nice to just come out and get it over with, I personally agree that 8 is just to young for a child to even know what sex is. When I was 8, I hadn't even HEARD that word, let alone knew what it meant. So when my parents found out and told me to wait, I felt like that was a good idea. (Then again, that is probably the over protective older brother in me. xP)

Secondly, my parents were never actually ashamed of me. Never. They were worried that people would harass me, worried that I wouldn't get hired for jobs when I grew up, worried that my life would be hell, but never once were the ashamed or embarrassed. And they made sure that I knew that. ^__^ So there was no worry about my brother "becoming" gay or anything, they knew and know that being gay was something you were born with. They just decided he was too young to have that talk yet, since they are somewhat old fashioned in that manner. I didn't get "the talk" until I was like, 12 or 13. xD

So yeah, in the end, I don't know for sure whether it was a bad decision or not., But even if it was, here's the thing:

Every parent on earth will, at some point in time, make a horrible decision regarding raising their child. There is no manual for parenting, and the only sure guide one can have is their own parent's, and maybe other friends or something, and even that isn't reliable enough. SO if my parents made a mistake, then hey, it happens. The fact that they made DAMN sure I was loved, and felt loved, regardless of orientation, or interests, or personality, or anything, I think more than makes up for any mistakes in parenting.

So again, thank you for defending me, and I don't wanna disrespect you by arguing with you, but I personally feel my parents deserve to have someone to defend them and I am the only one who can do so. xD

And I will say that your approach to parenting is probably how I would have handled it if I was in their situation, so I don't wanna say you are wrong or anything, just that my parents took a different route and don't deserve to be lambasted for it. xD
    I can see your point up until the "don't tell an 8 year old about sex" part. Yes, an 8 year old is probably too young to know about sex. But...do you really have to mention the actual act of sex in explaining that someone is gay to an 8 year old? Wouldn't it be sufficient to just say "he likes other boys instead of girls" and that would be it, if the brother even asked? Tbh I don't really see the need to come out to an 8 year old, he's young enough that if he was curious he'd ask and if not he'd just grow up with "yeah, my brother is gay, so what" kind of attitude.

I understand what you're saying but I really think that kind of attitude towards children undermines things such as same-sex parents. Should they pretend not to be gay until their child is old enough to 'handle it'?

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old December 7th, 2011 (4:56 PM).
    Certified Responsible Adult

Nature: Gentle
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

I can see your point up until the "don't tell an 8 year old about sex" part. Yes, an 8 year old is probably too young to know about sex. But...do you really have to mention the actual act of sex in explaining that someone is gay to an 8 year old? Wouldn't it be sufficient to just say "he likes other boys instead of girls" and that would be it, if the brother even asked? Tbh I don't really see the need to come out to an 8 year old, he's young enough that if he was curious he'd ask and if not he'd just grow up with "yeah, my brother is gay, so what" kind of attitude.

I understand what you're saying but I really think that kind of attitude towards children undermines things such as same-sex parents. Should they pretend not to be gay until their child is old enough to 'handle it'?
    Well...that is something I hadn't thought of, and when you put it like that, I suppose maybe my parents should have thought of that. But I still don't think my parents made a horrible mistake or anything. I mean, it's not like they had any experience dealing with finding out their child was gay, so I can't fault them too much for it.

And just so you guys know, my brother was totally cool with it when he found out. We even ended up laughing about it. xD So even if my parents messed up in that first regard, I think they did a good enough job raising him to be a good person anyways to make up for it. :3
    Old December 7th, 2011 (11:40 PM).
    (>^.(>0.0)>

Nature: Careful
    Well, it's not like you have to explicitly explain every detail, so I'd say it'd be better to tell him, but it's up to your parents. If they're not comfortable with it, they probably should wait until they are. I wouldn't hold it against them too much, and as you said it seems to have turned out well enough.

Also, just noticed completely by chance that I've been on PC for exactly 1000 days now... or maybe a couple more, not sure.
    Old December 8th, 2011 (5:47 AM).
    Expect me like you expect Jesus.

Nature: Adamant
    1001 days, by my calculation! I don't know if this is how you did it, but postcount divided by posts per day = days on PC xD - Either way, congrats on your milestone!

----

While I still think that hiding the fact that you're gay from everybody in your life is an incredible and drastic length to go to just to "protect" one child, I don't really wanna keep arguing against Pikapal's parents, because I feel at this point it probably would start being disrespectful to him. Though I do have to say that this

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
    is an excellent point that I had never thought of! lol

----

But anyway, moving right along:

I am quite impressed with Hilary. She has always been a wonderful speaker, but the way she put this speech (I only watched the small clip, half an hour of listening to any politician is a little much for me) was very uplifting and in the quick shots to the audience I got the impression that they were on board with it. Anything is a step in the right direction :)
    Old December 8th, 2011 (12:37 PM).
    (>^.(>0.0)>

I actually counted it out, and it was 1003, so Dec 4th was my 1000th day, lol. That's how I noticed it at first though.
    (Uh... think of relevant post, quick!)

Well, here's one...
    If you saw an LGBT person who you didn't know being made fun of, or even physically bullied because they were LGBT, would you step in to help them? Mainly wondering what the allies will say about this one, but everyone can answer.

This came to mind, because awhile back an online friend of mine went to an adult shop, and bought something that obviously identified him as being gay, and the cashier got really mad about it, and broke a beer bottle over his head. When I hear stuff like that, it makes me wish I were there to do something about it. So, to answer my own question, more than likely yes, but it does depend on the situation. If it's going to get me killed, I'd probably just call the police, or something like that instead.
    Old December 8th, 2011 (2:47 PM).

Got a little news article here <click me!> with a good ending. It seems that a woman tried to stop a transgender teenager from using a dressing room "because of her religious beliefs" and she was fired for violating anti-discrimination policies of her work. It's schadenfreude, I know, but in this case I'm gonna enjoy it unashamedly.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
    If you saw an LGBT person who you didn't know being made fun of, or even physically bullied because they were LGBT, would you step in to help them? Mainly wondering what the allies will say about this one, but everyone can answer.

This came to mind, because awhile back an online friend of mine went to an adult shop, and bought something that obviously identified him as being gay, and the cashier got really mad about it, and broke a beer bottle over his head. When I hear stuff like that, it makes me wish I were there to do something about it. So, to answer my own question, more than likely yes, but it does depend on the situation. If it's going to get me killed, I'd probably just call the police, or something like that instead.
    Wow. Just wow. Never been to an adult shop, but I wonder what they're doing with beer bottles lying around.

I know from previous experience that if there was a dangerous situation I'd end up acting on instinct. If I didn't feel I was in much danger I'd get involved somehow, probably with lots of yelling. I just hope I never have to be in a situation like that.
    Old December 8th, 2011 (3:20 PM).
    (>^.(>0.0)>

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
    Wow. Just wow. Never been to an adult shop, but I wonder what they're doing with beer bottles lying around.
    I assume he was drinking it. lol

Maybe it wasn't beer though, I don't remember for sure... a bottle of some sort at any rate.
    Old December 8th, 2011 (3:21 PM).
    Like a Wrecking Ball

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    I actually counted it out, and it was 1003, so Dec 4th was my 1000th day, lol. That's how I noticed it at first though.
    (Uh... think of relevant post, quick!)

Well, here's one...

Smashed a beer bottle on his head . . . excuse me? The cashier did that to him? He wasn't fired? That's . . . just wrong.

If I saw something like that happening . . . well, if it were someone around my age/a situation that won't get me mutilated and/or killed, setting aside the rest of the variables such as mood/anything else that may affect my decisions . . . I'd most likely be hurting somebody very much right there. If they got me angry enough, that is. I'd attempt to fight back verbally first but . . . um . . . I have a feeling it would end with me hurting the person xD

@Scarf - Hm . . . well, I guess it's good that she got fired, and I'm happy for the dude, but then again . . . if you take it from the point of view from a parent whose daughter or something was changing in a dressing room so near a man . . . I can see why they would be upset. Although, this woman was not a parent or anything of the sort and tried to go with the "religious beliefs" thing, so . . . yeah, screw her.

Under Renovations
    Old December 8th, 2011 (3:36 PM).
    Conservative Patriot

If you saw an LGBT person who you didn't know being made fun of, or even physically bullied because they were LGBT, would you step in to help them?

1) If I didn't know them, how would I know that they were LGBT?

2) The reason for the bullying wouldn't matter to me. If I saw someone helpless being physically assaulted, I'd lock, load, and shoot.
    Old December 8th, 2011 (9:41 PM). Edited December 8th, 2011 by Ineffable~.
    DAT SNARKITUDE

Nature: Naive
    If I saw anyone being bullied regardless, I would like to think I would do whatever I can whether or not it involves actually physically jumping in, buuuuut remember I'm not as epic in real life as I am in my head. So I at least would call 911, and I would try to be of immediate help, but I may or may not actually have the guts for that.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
    Hm . . . well, I guess it's good that she got fired, and I'm happy for the dude, but then again . . . if you take it from the point of view from a parent whose daughter or something was changing in a dressing room so near a man . . . I can see why they would be upset. Although, this woman was not a parent or anything of the sort and tried to go with the "religious beliefs" thing, so . . . yeah, screw her.
    To clarify, the "transgender teenager" in question is not a dude.

Also, for all we know, the woman was a parent. I just don't think that's any excuse either way.

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
    Fire ~ Field eggs
    3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
    than diamonds. It can trample
    anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
    Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
    Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
    de: Ponita
    fr: Ponyta
    cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old December 8th, 2011 (11:10 PM).
    [b]Rock Solid[/b]

Have you guys seen this commercial?

It's an atrocity! I made sure to dislike it and report it for hateful speech. ;--;

When kings upon the main have clung to pride
      And held themselves as masters of the sea
      I've held them down beneath the crushing tide
      Till they have learned that no one masters me
      Old December 8th, 2011 (11:29 PM). Edited December 9th, 2011 by Alice.
      (>^.(>0.0)>

Well, I agree with him somewhat about how Christianity is being censored too much (Ideally, I think it should be up to the school which religion, if any, it supports, whether it's a public school or not... but that could leave some towns with only Christian schools, or only Muslim schools or w/e, so it really isn't feasible.), but I still don't see how being gay could possibly have anything to do with serving in the military... or marriage... or well, anything. It just shouldn't be an issue in the first place.
      Old December 9th, 2011 (12:10 AM). Edited December 9th, 2011 by -ty-.
      Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
        Public schools are funded by the state/federal government. The government gets that money from tax payers, it is illegal to use tax payer dollars on furthering or inhibiting any religion.

If a parent is very intent on their child learning about Christianity, or any other religion in school as well as in private practice, then they can send their child to a religious school.

I don't see how religion is being "censored" at all. You are allowed to pray in school privately if it does not interrupt class (my best friend prayed during lunch and the beginning of every school day); however, prayer cannot be forced or taught by teachers. Hell, you are even allowed to assemble student prayer groups. The idea is that religion is a freedom, not an obligation - it should never be forced, or used to segregate public schools by religious beliefs.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post

It's an atrocity! I made sure to dislike it and report it for hateful speech. ;--;
        I know!

I watched this yesterday and thought, " well you are never going to get the nomination, let alone the presidency!" Most Christians believe that gays should serve the military and that there should be at least some rights for partnership (domestic partnership) if not marriage for same-sex couples. Very stupid on his part. I know it may sound bad, but he should have just condemned same-sex marriage rather than gays in the military and any partnership rights. Not to mention his ludicrous accusation that Christianity is being censored and destroyed by Obama. I may disagree with Obama on several issues, but I am not going to falsely accuse him, and make an ass out of myself. I read that even his own campaign staff were like "wtf". I actually think Perry passed Bachmann on the crazy meter now. lmao

Don't be a rotten apple!
        Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
        !

Old December 9th, 2011 (2:41 AM).

That video... is disgusting and lolworthy at the same time. He pretty much signed his death certificate for this election in 31 seconds. He can't honestly be that dumb. The Republican Party candidates are just their own little circus lol.

Quote:
        Well, I agree with him somewhat about how Christianity is being censored too much (Ideally, I think it should be up to the school which religion, if any, it supports, whether it's a public school or not... but that could leave some towns with only Christian schools, or only Muslim schools or w/e, so it really isn't feasible.), but I still don't see how being gay could possibly have anything to do with serving in the military... or marriage... or well, anything. It just shouldn't be an issue in the first place.
        A school shouldn't support a religion at all. A school's purpose is to educate, not indoctrinate. Religious guidance is up to a child's parents and their church, it has no place in a school whatsoever. As -ty- said, if you're so hell-bent on your child receiving religious guidance at school, then they have special religious schools that operate privately.

Also, I honestly don't see how Christianity is being censored at all. Can you expand on that?
        Old December 9th, 2011 (3:23 AM).
        the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on

Nature: Hasty
        Quote:
        I am Yoshi and I disapprove of this message.

oh darn do i have to join to post?
        Old December 9th, 2011 (3:26 AM).

No, you don't have to join to post lol, though we'd be happy to have you if you'd like to!
        Old December 9th, 2011 (5:02 AM).
        Don't Ask, Just Tell

Yeah, we have a new name!! :)

Hey, have you guys seen the response spoof of the Perry Ad.

http://youtu.be/g8sbBVOt40Q

Don't be a rotten apple!
          !

Old December 9th, 2011 (5:24 AM).
          [b]Rock Solid[/b]

Quote:
            Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
            Yeah, we have a new name!! :)

Hey, have you guys seen the response spoof of the Perry Ad.

http://youtu.be/g8sbBVOt40Q
            LOL. I looove these.

Some NSFW in the first one. I couldn't stop laughing at the second one.

When kings upon the main have clung to pride
            And held themselves as masters of the sea
            I've held them down beneath the crushing tide
            Till they have learned that no one masters me
            Old December 9th, 2011 (7:14 AM).
            Certified Responsible Adult

Nature: Gentle
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post

Welp. If I wasn't ashamed to be a Christian already, this video sure is enough to do so now. -__-

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post

A school shouldn't support a religion at all. A school's purpose is to educate, not indoctrinate. Religious guidance is up to a child's parents and their church, it has no place in a school whatsoever. As -ty- said, if you're so hell-bent on your child receiving religious guidance at school, then they have special religious schools that operate privately.
            That is EXACTLY how I feel. If a student wants to pray or something, there are no rules telling them not to, so there is no need for there to be any special allowances for religion. School is there to teach Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic, (and obviously much, much more. xD) so there is no need to have a school "assign" a religion to itself.

And those parodies are funny. xDDD
            Old December 9th, 2011 (2:25 PM).
            Conservative Patriot

Saying "Happy Christmas" is hardly religious indoctrination. -__-
            Old December 9th, 2011 (3:11 PM).
            Don't Ask, Just Tell

Quote:
              Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
              Saying "Happy Christmas" is hardly religious indoctrination. -__-
              Are you referring to the Perry ad? He said that kids can't pray in school and that kids can't openly celebrate Christmas; Neither one of these statements is valid.

Don't be a rotten apple!
              !

Old December 9th, 2011 (3:57 PM).

lmao at those parodies. The first one was awesome. I just hope Rick Perry sees them lol.
              Old December 9th, 2011 (4:23 PM).
              White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
              Apparently, that Rick Perry ad, percentage-wise, is now the most disliked video on all of YouTube. What an achievement, Rick Perry. Yay! *clapclapclapclap* (yes, that's sarcasm)
              Old December 9th, 2011 (4:39 PM).
              Bubblegum Betch

Nature: Naive
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
              Are you referring to the Perry ad? He said that kids can't pray in school and that kids can't openly celebrate Christmas; Neither one of these statements is valid.
              Exactly this. Schools just can't force anyone to pray or celebrate Christmas. Individuals are allowed to do anything religious they want to in school as long as it's in compliance with school rules.

Quick Reply