• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
*raises glass in the air*

Here's to
slls81.

I think he made the longest RP probably ever made, in a new professor in town, and while I never participated in it, or even really spoken to the guy, you gotta respect how long this guy has been at it, and how long it's been around. Seeing it come to a end is quite something to witness.

Exactly. Slls81 has made one of the best journey RP's around, and the RP, all the RPers, and the GM will be remembered :) It still feels sad to see it end...

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Wow!! Congratulations to slls81! :D This makes our second completed RP in PC~!

Lol, it completed waaaaaay long ago. It was a Kanto journey, then it finished, and continued onto Hoenn, which was like a sequel in the same thread :P

I know all that because it was actually the first RP I checked out in the RP Corner, and actually got me into RPing...

Super-Mudkipz

Lieker of Mudkipz
Years
Sounds close to a RP called Aurora Borealis (I hope I spelled it right) by Aura.Lucario/ -Nocturnal :3 Except, it had been based in the North Pole.

Oh, I didn't know someone else had made a RP like that. Oh well. :(

Anyways, in the pursuit of a Harvest Moon RP, (I really don't F***ing no why) and after stalking a four-year old thread and then thinking some more, I have possibly expanded the idea.

Idea One: ( No official plot)

Idea one would lean more towards Rune Factory than Harvest Moon, with forging and caves and whatnot. But, Harvest Moon aspects would remain. I.E: You can raise farm animals, Harvest Goddess. Instead of everyone being farmers, RPers can be a variety of occupations, such as Bartenders, blacksmiths, Innkeepers and so on.

Idea Two: ( No official plot)

Idea two would have much more Harvest Moon aspects, and almost no Rune Factory aspects. RPers would play as many different occupations, similar to idea one. However, instead of Farm animals, the RPers would have Pokemon as pets and livestock. I.E: Milktank=Cow. Instead of the harvest Goddess and Harvest Sprites, their would be A central Legendary Pokemon and a trio of Legendaries (I.E: Legendary birds, Legendary dogs, etc..)

So, what does everybody think of these ideas? Good? Bad? Ways to make them better? Which one do you like more?

Also, congratulations to Slls81 on a great RP!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Oh, I didn't know someone else had made a RP like that. Oh well. :(

Anyways, in the pursuit of a Harvest Moon RP, (I really don't F***ing no why) and after stalking a four-year old thread and then thinking some more, I have possibly expanded the idea.

Idea One: ( No official plot)

Idea one would lean more towards Rune Factory than Harvest Moon, with forging and caves and whatnot. But, Harvest Moon aspects would remain. I.E: You can raise farm animals, Harvest Goddess. Instead of everyone being farmers, RPers can be a variety of occupations, such as Bartenders, blacksmiths, Innkeepers and so on.

Idea Two: ( No official plot)

Idea two would have much more Harvest Moon aspects, and almost no Rune Factory aspects. RPers would play as many different occupations, similar to idea one. However, instead of Farm animals, the RPers would have Pokemon as pets and livestock. I.E: Milktank=Cow. Instead of the harvest Goddess and Harvest Sprites, their would be A central Legendary Pokemon and a trio of Legendaries (I.E: Legendary birds, Legendary dogs, etc..)

So, what does everybody think of these ideas? Good? Bad? Ways to make them better? Which one do you like more?

Also, congratulations to Slls81 on a great RP!

Like I said, I only found it similar :3 You can view the original, and decide whether it is close or not :)

Also, both ideas seem to be fine with me :3 Playing different occupations seems interesting :)

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Congratulations to slls81! :D Talk about an RP of epic length. I remember seeing it back when it was first created...was that a year ago? I have a bad notion of time. XD

And Kiyoshi...this is a matter of utmost importance. How is Sophrosune pronounced? Soh-froh-sue-nay, right? RIGHT? *twitch*

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Congratulations to slls81! :D Talk about an RP of epic length. I remember seeing it back when it was first created...was that a year ago? I have a bad notion of time. XD

And Kiyoshi...this is a matter of utmost importance. How is Sophrosune pronounced? Soh-froh-sue-nay, right? RIGHT? *twitch*

Lol, 3 Years ago :D

And where did the word Sophrosune come from? :P

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
*facepalm* That was fail...

I'm thinking about creating an RP that melds Pokemon together with the Harry Potter fandom...I've got a couple of ideas, but none that actually work for the oment...hmm...

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I thought of that once.

Spoiler:

I head more on it in my head this was just early development.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

I've been pronouncing it "Sofh-ro-sue-nay" personally.

Lol, 3 Years ago :D
And where did the word Sophrosune come from? :P

It's a philosphical term, derving from the pronunciation of σωφροσύνη. it's commonly known as Sophrosyne, or as Wikipedia would like us to believe:

----

Sophrosyne (σωφροσύνη) is a Greek philosophical term etymologically meaning healthy-mindedness and from there self-control or moderation guided by knowledge and balance.

Greeks upheld the ideal of sophrosyne, which means prudence and moderation but ultimately its complex meaning, so important to the ancients, is very difficult to convey in English. It is perhaps best expressed by the two most famous sayings of the oracle at Delphi: "Nothing in excess" and "Know thyself."

----

It's a shame that the RP Sophrosune is dying, but I'm very psyched about my new one. :3

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's commented on the ending of "A New Professor In Town" in here, and all the kind things you've had to say about the RP. :)

Lol, it completed waaaaaay long ago. It was a Kanto journey, then it finished, and continued onto Hoenn, which was like a sequel in the same thread :P

I know all that because it was actually the first RP I checked out in the RP Corner, and actually got me into RPing...

I think it's really cool that my RP played some small part in getting you into RPing. It's a shame we couldn't quite make it through Hoenn, but even getting through Kanto was a big achievement I think.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
And what a pretty awesome chapter it was! :3

But it's dying, as much as I dislike that. But you're free to join Hydroxylapatite! It uses the same types and is non-statistical! X3

We still have Tyrogue up for grabs~

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
And what a pretty awesome chapter it was! :3

But it's dying, as much as I dislike that. But you're free to join Hydroxylapatite! It uses the same types and is non-statistical! X3

We still have Tyrogue up for grabs~

Join and watch Cy conspire to steal all the "cute" baby pokemon... BEFORE they evolve. XD joking joking... but really... he MIGHT just do that...

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
So what happens when they evolve? Is Cy suddenly not going to like Charmander because it turned into a giant fire-breathing lizard thing? XD;

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
But-But...my awesome chapter! *sob* It took me days to write it!

I knew it. I told you I bring bad luck to RPs. Every single one I've ever joined has died. But this time I'm actually trying to keep it alive! >o<

On the other hand...do you think I could use the same character for Hydroxylapatite? (Love the name, btw.) I've always wanted to do a Johto adventure RP...(especially considering I never played G/S/C and my HG experience was tarnished by the fact that my game was in French).

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Lol, you guys have made this into an OOC Thread for both Sophrosune and Hydroxylapitite xD

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Well, this IS an RP discussion thread. 8D

On a side note, I'm trying to figure out how make an RP that melds the Pokemon and Harry Potter fandoms together. The ideas I've had so far don't really work, though...any suggestions?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Well, this IS an RP discussion thread. 8D

On a side note, I'm trying to figure out how make an RP that melds the Pokemon and Harry Potter fandoms together. The ideas I've had so far don't really work, though...any suggestions?

Hmmmm, how about telling us the ideas that you have? 8D Then probably we can improve, comment, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back