The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 14th, 2011 (4:07 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>

Nature: Careful
I make jokes about it all the time, but usually not at my own expense, as most people don't know my sexuality.

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 14th, 2011 (4:11 PM).
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
    You know I love the club name. Makes me think of the song Kermit sings. :) Awesome song btw
    Old December 14th, 2011 (4:16 PM).
    I Will Be Your Shield

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
    Truer words were never spoken.

Has anyone seen something called Explaining Gay Rights to People Who Make the Huge Leap That If We Legalize Gay Marriage It Will Open the Doors to all Sorts of Ridiculous Things Life Marrying Your Toaster, Children, The Dead or your Dog? It's kind of amazing, but also kind of sad that such a thing is necessary.
    Lol?
    Someone actually argued that you could marry a toaster if two people of the same gender could get married? That's . . . interesting.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ineffeble~ View Post
    Lol leaps like this one are only too common in arguing against LGBT rights. :/ It's really a completely different concept. So one person can't marry another certain person? We'll grant him that right--done. We don't need to grant him the right to marry a dead unicorn at the same time. It's just too far out there to be valid.
    I also see the classic argument against trans people transitioning: what would you say if someone thought he was a Psyduck stuck in a man's body?

Oh, so I'm assuming that you're going to say that my marriage to my toilet bowl is too far out there? >:T Toilets have feelings too!
    . . . xD

Also, welcome to AshleyKetchum and Kayges!

I don't really make jokes about sexuality. I mean, sometimes, but I don't really talk all that much with other people in real life, lol. Plus, I'm technically still "in the closet" even if some people have their suspicions, lol.

Did I ever say anything on the PDA topic? . . . Don't think so, lol. Here it goes:

I tend to ignore public displays of affection, as they are a part of everyday life and I honestly don't care. Although, if I saw a gay/lesbian/whatever couple, I'd likely take notice, because a) I never really see them, lol, and b) it's like "Oh hai, I'm not the only one in the world! :O"
    And, like Shining Raichu said, as long as genitals don't become visible, lol.

Under Renovations
    Old December 14th, 2011 (5:02 PM).
    DAT SNARKITUDE

Nature: Naive
    I love making jokes about sexuality / gender identity at my own expense. It's so hilarious to me.
    For instance, whenever someone uses the word "straight", I immediately say "unlike me". xD It never gets old . . . I mean it never gets old for me. :P

Public displays of affection don't bother me at all either especially if it's two women. I just know they bother a lot of people, so~ xD
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AshleyKetchum View Post
    I'm trans I date anyone. I really don't care about gender but more about if we share the same interests. I also plan to do an abridged series but want to take my time with scripts so there good and not bad like a lot of the ones stealing from LK or TFS. I'm also into Never Shout Never kind of music. :) Should be a fun group.
    Oh it's always nice to have more trans people here. Welcome! ^_^

And welcome to Kayges! :D

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
    Oh, so I'm assuming that you're going to say that my marriage to my toilet bowl is too far out there? >:T Toilets have feelings too!
    Your marriage is blasphemy because I say so. n3n

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
    Fire ~ Field eggs
    3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
    than diamonds. It can trample
    anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
    Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
    Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
    de: Ponita
    fr: Ponyta
    cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old December 14th, 2011 (5:46 PM).
    Expect me like you expect Jesus.

Nature: Adamant
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
    I make jokes about it all the time, but usually not at my own expense, as most people don't know my sexuality.
    If you're just making jokes about homosexuality but nobody knows you're gay (or was it bi? I forgot... there are so many people and sometimes I get certain details of you and Pikapal mixed up haha), doesn't that just mean you're making homophobic jokes? :P
    Old December 14th, 2011 (6:13 PM).

Oh I'm not the only trans person here? Cool :)
      Old December 14th, 2011 (6:19 PM).
      Hei minun ystäväni!

Nature: Quirky
      Nope, you're not! We actually seem to be quite abundant here. ^_^

I'm trans too by the way, which you've probably already guessed. xD
      Old December 14th, 2011 (6:28 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Alakazam17 View Post

oooh cool. Glad to not be alone.
        Old December 14th, 2011 (8:03 PM).
        I Will Be Your Shield

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post
        Your marriage is blasphemy because I say so. n3n
        I'm now going to lead a toilet bowl rebellion. Have fun using the bathroom. >:3

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Alakazam17 View Post

Which leaves me wondering . . . as your profile says female, are you really a guy, or are you really female but you want to be a guy? I'm assuming it's the first one.
        . . . Not to be offensive or anything, just curious, lol. (Random note: BTW, I grew out of My Little Pony probably around 5 years old. Yes, that comment was meant to be offensive, though in a joking manner xD)

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
        If you're just making jokes about homosexuality but nobody knows you're gay (or was it bi? I forgot... there are so many people and sometimes I get certain details of you and Pikapal mixed up haha), doesn't that just mean you're making homophobic jokes? :P
        Hm . . . when it's put that way, I guess that would be how it seems. Interesting . . .
        . . . Now, tell me the meaning of life. You know you want to.

/this posted contributed nothing to the topic, did it?
        xD Well, I don't really know how to expand upon the 'answers' I gave a few posts back, lol.

Under Renovations
        Old December 14th, 2011 (9:22 PM).
        Hei minun ystäväni!

Quote:
        Which leaves me wondering . . . as your profile says female, are you really a guy, or are you really female but you want to be a guy? I'm assuming it's the first one.
        . . . Not to be offensive or anything, just curious, lol.
        Niether. I'm really female and I don't want to be a guy. =P

And I got into My Little Pony when I was 24. :P
        Old December 14th, 2011 (10:07 PM). Edited December 14th, 2011 by Ineffable~.
        DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
        Oh I'm not the only trans person here? Cool :)
        Not at all! n3n As for regulars we have Alakazam, Scarf, and me. It's a just fine proportion. ^_^

Quote:
        I'm now going to lead a toilet bowl rebellion. Have fun using the bathroom. >:3
        Psyduck can do the job fine.

Quote:
        . . . Not to be offensive or anything, just curious, lol.
        Just fyi, I have to make some trans-related points to clear up. Nothing wrong with you not knowing these beforehand. ^_^ In fact it'd be great for anyone else to read this because I know it's not a much understood subject.

-It's touchy to refer to a trans person as "this gender but wants to be this gender." If a trans person identifies as female, she generally doesn't think of herself as a guy.
        -If you absolutely must refer to a trans person as specifically trans, you may say "trans woman" for those who identify as female or "trans man" for those who identify as male.
        -This doesn't mean all trans people are uncomfortable with being trans, it's just having certain "parts" or having been raised a certain way ≠ being a man/woman, in the case of trans people. Just so you know I'm not ashamed of anything and I'm perfectly willing to discuss any subject. :)
        -If I'm not mistaken, Scarf, Ashley Ketchum and Alakazam all identify as female, and so do I.

tl;dr: Trans people don't want to be called by their "previous genders" so to speak.

Fire ~ Field eggs
        3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old December 14th, 2011 (10:47 PM).
        (>^.(>0.0)>

Quote:
        I'm bi. lol

Yeah, I guess kind of. If anyone actually complains I always have the "but I am one" card to use... but it's really just to deal with actual homophobes more easily. lol
        Old December 14th, 2011 (10:50 PM).
        ohey

I don't really flaunt my sexuality or anything, but I do like to enjoy it now that I'm out of the closet. So, I'm not going to storm into a room and announce to the world that I like men and that they outta respect that or I'll slap them though they should and I will, but sometimes it is fun to just act a little more camp than I would naturally, especially when the situation calls for it. Like Andy, I'm usually the first to make myself the butt (haha) of the joke; it's part of who I am. But just like Andy, I learned to cut that down when other gay guys kinda... shook their head at me.

Honestly, I think once you become comfortable with it, it becomes something you're pretty proud of. You just gotta realize, like anything else, ya gotta keep your pride in check. Nobody wants that shoved in their face. Keep cool, baby.
        Old December 14th, 2011 (11:26 PM).
        → you're here, aren't you?

Nature: Brave
        Quote:
        oooh cool. Glad to not be alone.
        There's more of us around than you'd think. We just lurk in the shadows. <insert ninja emote here>

Also, to the above topic going on, I don't really flaunt my sexuality, but it's probably horribly obvious unless someone is very sheltered, or clueless.

I suppose I can't use 'sexuality' though, more like I don't flaunt that I'm trans. But it become pretty obvious by itself, because you've got someone who's physically female dressing and acting male. I either come off as trans, or maybe a lesbian. XD

there's a floating, rhythmic sensation
        when it rains the city lights mirror back

twitter | tumblr
        Old December 14th, 2011 (11:41 PM).
        Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
          Hey, I want to include some more transgender topics up for discussion; I think I mentioned one before. So I am sorry for not including you guys more. :)

Anyway, I saw a preview for the Anderson Cooper show coming up tomorrow (I think?) that features transgender children. Some of the children were in their teens, and others were very young, appearing to be around first grade. So the question is...

At what age should a child be able to decide whether to have hormone-replacement therapy, sex change operations, and plastic surgery? (The ages may be different to the different components)

Don't be a rotten apple!
          Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
          !

Old December 15th, 2011 (1:03 AM).
          (>^.(>0.0)>

Wow, that's a good question... I would worry that the kid doesn't fully understand the implications of a surgery or w/e until they're at least in high school. I know some people definitely can know that they're transgendered at a very young age, but that's such a huge decision... I don't know.
          Old December 15th, 2011 (1:40 AM).

I'd say that it largely depends on the person.

Some kids know they're transgender by the time they're in Kindergarten, and get the full surgery by the time they're 13. Other kids think they're trans, but it turns out to be sexuality issues, and in the case of that it would suck if they got surgery and then realized they were in the wrong once they got older. >__>

I'm mostly one to say that kids should at least wait until their teens, and preferably later teens at that. Though, I'm also not one to judge another person's life, they might know dang well what they want at 11.

twitter | tumblr
          Old December 15th, 2011 (2:07 AM).
          DAT SNARKITUDE

Yay for sudden trans boom. xDDD
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
          At what age should a child be able to decide whether to have hormone-replacement therapy, sex change operations, and plastic surgery? (The ages may be different to the different components)
          Depends on the person. Some people know from an age as early as three and show obvious signs of this. If this stays consistent throughout the child's early years, in my opinion at puberty it would then be okay for the parents to consult a doctor about getting hormones. At about twelve, that's the honest way to start off perfectly on the right foot and prevent any suffering, and it's not unheard of.
          In my opinion you don't need to worry about sex reassignment surgery (that's the official word for it fyi, or at least I think it is, but it doesn't matter) at all until older years. It's one of the few irreversible things and if you ask me it's one of the most minor things despite obvious undeserved media focus.
          Plastic surgery outside of the genital area is not required or recommendable for someone who starts HRT at that time. I wouldn't condone that for anyone. It's literally the same thing as giving a cis person plastic surgery because plastic surgery for transsexual women is meant to undo the long-term effects of testosterone on the face.

On the other hand, some people like me find out a bit later in life (teen years) and this leaves uncertainty and unrest. It's really hard to say on this one since I know what it's like to feel I'm old enough to make the decision yet get constantly kept from doing anything about it. 15-18 are hugely critical years and waiting doesn't really help anyone. However in this case I would find it reasonable for a parent to be skeptical for a bit. I think the ideal reaction is to sit down and have serious, really serious open-minded discussions.

Fire ~ Field eggs
          3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old December 15th, 2011 (3:43 AM).
          Ebb & Flow

Nature: Calm
            Quote:
            I think the ideal reaction is to sit down and have serious, really serious open-minded discussions.
            I don't consider myself an expert, by any means, on this subject. However, I'm going to have to completely agree with this statement here. I think it says it best! For the child to have a parent willing to consider the idea and sit down and talk about it seriously would be wonderful in itself. Assuming that's the case, then I feel the parent(s) would be able to gauge just how serious their child is about making this sort of decision. It would be a good idea for the parent to do some research, if the child is young, to explain to them every aspect of what they're talking about doing so they know all about it. I suppose this brings up the possible situation where a parent is dead-set against the child and unwilling to cooperate. I assume this happens, right?

As for age, I really could not say. I never like to put myself in the position of talking about when people 'should' do this or that. I'd have to agree again with the previous posts again, haha. It really does depend on the individual situation, as do many things in life.
            Old December 15th, 2011 (4:25 AM).
            Expect me like you expect Jesus.

Nature: Adamant

Well I'm also no great expert on the matter, but I'd say wait until age 10. At this point a child is going to be capable to handle the hormonal therapy (I'm not a doctor or a scientist, so I don't know what age it is safe to start this, but I think by 10 you'd surely be safe) and is also going to be capable of enough lucid thought to know for sure that this is something they want, and will not change their mind. This isn't true for all people of course, in which case it's always an option to wait until later, but if you're asking for a minimum I'd say 10.
            Old December 15th, 2011 (5:40 AM).
            Hei minun ystäväni!

I agree with everything's that been said above regarding the current topic. Though I don't think it should be restricted to certain ages, and instead based around the individual's development, ie. before puberty sets in. Puberty causes some big changes to both male and female bodies, and several of these are irreversable. So if an individual is lucky enough to realize that they're trans at such a point, and brave enough to tell people about it, hormone therapy should be begun before the onset of puberty. And is that point has already come and gone, then my answer would be to start it as soon as possible.

As for SRS and plastic surgery, I'd normally group it with the age of consent for the particilar country you're in. You can live without either until then in most instances, and unlike with hormones, these operations are often irreversable.
            Old December 15th, 2011 (8:36 AM).

Quote:
            Just fyi, I have to make some trans-related points to clear up. Nothing wrong with you not knowing these beforehand. ^_^ In fact it'd be great for anyone else to read this because I know it's not a much understood subject.

-It's touchy to refer to a trans person as "this gender but wants to be this gender." If a trans person identifies as female, she generally doesn't think of herself as a guy.
            -If you absolutely must refer to a trans person as specifically trans, you may say "trans woman" for those who identify as female or "trans man" for those who identify as male.
            -This doesn't mean all trans people are uncomfortable with being trans, it's just having certain "parts" or having been raised a certain way ≠ being a man/woman, in the case of trans people. Just so you know I'm not ashamed of anything and I'm perfectly willing to discuss any subject. :)
            -If I'm not mistaken, Scarf, Ashley Ketchum and Alakazam all identify as female, and so do I.

tl;dr: Trans people don't want to be called by their "previous genders" so to speak.
            Ah, I'm glad you responded to this before I did because I'd have been a lot harsher in how I'd say this. xD

Quote:
            Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
            Hey, I want to include some more transgender topics up for discussion; I think I mentioned one before. So I am sorry for not including you guys more. :)

Anyway, I saw a preview for the Anderson Cooper show coming up tomorrow (I think?) that features transgender children. Some of the children were in their teens, and others were very young, appearing to be around first grade. So the question is...

Anderson Cooper is quite hot. What? I know some of you were thinking this.

I should make a note to watch that. I want to see how they talk to these kids, how supportive their families are, but mostly I want to see how they frame the whole topic. When you do see trans people in the media (and I mean as subjects of shows and so on, never really as reporters or anything) it's almost always talked about in the "man in a woman's body" and other slightly ignorant statements like that. Plus you never see anyone who is genderqueer, anyone who isn't trying to go for 100% of one gender (because that would be scary to lots of people - breaking the gender binary like that). Maybe this time it'll be different.

As for the question, since not everyone who is trans is going to want surgery/hormones it'll depend on each person, but if someone did want to have as much of a physical change as possible they should get on hormones before they start puberty and the unwanted, traumatic body changes that will come with that. Surgery is a lot more involved and should probably wait until a little while after the hormones at the very least since, like everyone said, it's the big irreversible change. Plastic surgery is probably not going to be too necessary for most people if they start on hormones at an earlier age so I'd hope most people would be happy with HRT and SRS.
            Old December 15th, 2011 (8:58 AM).
            Certified Responsible Adult

Nature: Gentle
            Quote:
            Not at all! n3n As for regulars we have Alakazam, Scarf, and me. It's a just fine proportion. ^_^

Psyduck can do the job fine.

I have to thank you for that bit there, because even though I am completely supportive of trans people, I never really knew much about the subject. Now I know more! :3 Which is ALWAYS helpful for me, lol.
            Old December 15th, 2011 (9:30 AM).
            DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kayges View Post
            I suppose this brings up the possible situation where a parent is dead-set against the child and unwilling to cooperate. I assume this happens, right?
            In a word, yes. :(

Quote:
            Well I'm also no great expert on the matter, but I'd say wait until age 10. At this point a child is going to be capable to handle the hormonal therapy (I'm not a doctor or a scientist, so I don't know what age it is safe to start this, but I think by 10 you'd surely be safe) and is also going to be capable of enough lucid thought to know for sure that this is something they want, and will not change their mind. This isn't true for all people of course, in which case it's always an option to wait until later, but if you're asking for a minimum I'd say 10.
            If I remember correctly, the youngest anyone has ever started is twelve (publicised), or unless I've been had, eleven (anecdotal).

Also, off-topic, I don't think I had "lucid thought" until a few years ago if I'm interpreting the phrase correctly. Am I alone in this?

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
            I should make a note to watch that. I want to see how they talk to these kids, how supportive their families are, but mostly I want to see how they frame the whole topic. When you do see trans people in the media (and I mean as subjects of shows and so on, never really as reporters or anything) it's almost always talked about in the "man in a woman's body" and other slightly ignorant statements like that. Plus you never see anyone who is genderqueer, anyone who isn't trying to go for 100% of one gender (because that would be scary to lots of people - breaking the gender binary like that). Maybe this time it'll be different.
            Normal dress-wearing housewives, very very normative, wigs/makeup/red lipstick, completely miserable, absolute need for vaginoplasty (SRS becomes the "Crown Jewel" that completes her treacherous, tragic and depressing journey), hetero, and either:
            1.) Had a huge tragedy when finding out sometime around 40, was kicked out of her house, losing her wife and children, and is now struggling to gain economic stability, emotional stability, and to pass due to hair loss and other obvious issues. (Non-passing moments are inexplicably not shown on camera since it's apparently indecent.)
            2.) Started at a relatively young age thanks to wonderful amazing accepting parents; has apparently never felt "complete" with her male parts despite all the love and care and friendship and acceptance she receives.

The media literally feeds off of this.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Pikapal642 View Post

I have to thank you for that bit there, because even though I am completely supportive of trans people, I never really knew much about the subject. Now I know more! :3 Which is ALWAYS helpful for me, lol.
            You're too welcome. n3n

Fire ~ Field eggs
            3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old December 15th, 2011 (12:02 PM).

Quote:

-This doesn't mean all trans people are uncomfortable with being trans, it's just having certain "parts" or having been raised a certain way ≠ being a man/woman, in the case of trans people. Just so you know I'm not ashamed of anything and I'm perfectly willing to discuss any subject.

Oh, dang. Nice, Maggie. XD Man, sometimes I forget that not every one knows those things about transpeople because I'm just so used to them now days.

twitter | tumblr

Quick Reply