• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you name your kids?

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
Names I'd consider:

Boys: Tahir, Mustafa, Harun, Faris, Safi, Yaqub, Karim
Girls: Fatima, Zainab, Nazli, Rayhana, Zaida, Azra, Karima

My girlfriend likes most of those names. She doesn't really like Nazli, Azra, or Faris but she's cool with the rest of them. She also likes Aziz, Qasim, Fairuz, and Sultana.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Already listed my preferences for boys and girls so instead let's do some gender-neutral hard mode. I like Skyler, Casey, and Elliott a lot as names. I also mentioned Cameron in my first post here, and I'm saying that's gender-neutral as well.

You know what neutral name I dislike? Jamie. Not a fan of that name, never liked how it sounds on anyone.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
If ever i'd be getting kids, I'd be naming them the same way my parents named me, something that starts with a "J". That way, it would be easy for them to make their initials, since my family name also starts with a J.

Guys
Spoiler:

Girls
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The best part, whoever is the first born or the eldest be named with the first 2 letters of their name having "jo", would be a "Jojo" like I am. (For the unaware, Jojo is a reference towards the main protagonists of each Jojo's Bizarre Adventure chapter, where first and last name have "Jo" in them.)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
As soon as I legally could, I'd march to the name-change office if my name was ever Ampera, Kelvin, Litra, Meetre, or Shekan.

If it was Mole I'd probably just dig myself a hole and sit in it forever.

Years
Names! I love them so much! I'm a novice etymologist so names and trends fascinate me.
As such, I have two girl names , first and middle already planned. But haven't found any good guy names.
My girls would be Miri Esme (kudos to whoever gets the reference) and Milli Ellen (the SO has the last name of an SI unit, so milli and ellen stands for ln, natural logarithm.)
Other than the names listed above, any good guy suggestions? Gabriel and Sebastian are about the only ones I've sort of liked so far.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't want to say what names I'd give here, because they're Swedish anyways c:

... what if i marry someone who isnt swedish wow, will i have to give them nonswedish names then?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Olivier, Marcus, Scott, Andrew or something exotic for a boy's name. Ashley, Alicia, Alexandraia, Freya, Morgan or something exotic for a girl's name. I haven't looked into enough foreign languages yet to know anything exotic and pretty/cool enough to name my kid/s after.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Olivier, Marcus, Scott, Andrew or something exotic for a boy's name. Ashley, Alicia, Alexandraia, Freya, Morgan or something exotic for a girl's name. I haven't looked into enough foreign languages yet to know anything exotic and pretty/cool enough to name my kid/s after.
I almost forgot Morgan could be a girl's name too o:

What more such gender neutral names are there? Kim, Alex, Taylor...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I almost forgot Morgan could be a girl's name too o:

What more such gender neutral names are there? Kim, Alex, Taylor...

Skyler, Dakota, Casey, Hayden, Jessie, Riley, Harley, Blake and surely many many more.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday

pBdlD86.gif

Back