• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Mobile skins

droomph

weeb
Years
I can't find the mobile skins anywhere, and with the exception of vb default (which is hard to use imo), they all load very (like, verrrry) slowly on my iPod.

What's the reason?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Same here. Even using Simple takes crazy long.

Is there a Mobile optimized style anywhere? Maybe something that automatically disables gifs or high res pictures by default from showing unless we specifically enable them?

Would be helpful.. cause it also MEGA drains my battery..

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Whenever I go onto PC with my phone, it takes really long for a page to load. And when I zoom in, this black banner (Control Panel, Messages, Inbox, etc.) zooms in as well on some themes and takes up 1/3 of my screen. It's damn annoying. >:/ Can anyone fix these problems please? Thank you.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
O,O
Every last skin on PC loads like super fast on my Android... Well not SUPER fast, but fast enough. :/
I don't really even have that fast an internet connection, it's just the casual T-Mobile Data Plan o.o
Whenever I go onto PC with my phone, it takes really long for a page to load. And when I zoom in, this black banner (Control Panel, Messages, Inbox, etc.) zooms in as well on some themes and takes up 1/3 of my screen. It's damn annoying. >:/ Can anyone fix these problems please? Thank you.

That would be the context bar which you can easily disable via UCP. :3

Years
That would be the context bar which you can easily disable via UCP. :3
Yeah, thanks for that tip.. now browsing on my iPod should be a breeze. :D

Anyways, I dunno which gen iPod the OP has, because (with the exception until now of the context menu), PC on my iPod Touch 4G is fine.

droomph

weeb
Years
well it's not so much a problem of being slow now, it's just a problem of being really hard to use (the hyperlinks are tiny compared to on a 13" screen), and any skin other than vB default is slow as hell.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I miss the mobile forum styles, but I find that my Windows phone can handle full-fat styles, though. I wonder why the mobile styles were discontinued, though.

For people having load issues, what phone are you using? I know that older Android hardware, as well as low end ones, choke on desktop pages.

droomph

weeb
Years
not a phone lol. iPod Touch Gen 2 :p

Weird thing is, my iPod can handle vB Default perfectly fine as much as the mobile styles, but for some reason when I choose a new one (say, "Nimbasa's Shining Beauty") it'll be at least four times as slow, and it drains my battery in like four page loads.

Same happens for my mom's iPhone 4 iirc, even with the new upgrade (which supposedly should streamline the webpage loading stuff).

and I think they took it out 'cause it had a lot of bugs (eg seeing deleted threads, no report button) but I still miss it nonetheless.

Back