• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
in case u did int get what i meant about movement sprites example when u look at ur party they move ilke in d/p/P i think that would give the game a n awsome feel or when they first appear in battle will they move??

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I stumbled on one of the OP's posts in another PokeCommunity forum, and I noticed the banner in the sig about his Pokemon Garnet Version. So, I stopped by to check things out:

1. I think I could literally fall asleep in Shadefern Woods & Ruins... Those screenshots just looked amazing... beautiful, and so breathtaking! :D Seriously. Those were probably the best screens I've seen for a 'handheld' game... If those locales made it into Generation 5, I'll probably replay the game 100 times just to re-enter those gorgeous locations...

2. Nice design on the player characters! I like the design of the male character a lot, so much so that I'm considering replacing one of the character designs in a fanfic/shonen story I'm working on (if that's okay). The hair especially looks cool on him.

3. Even though the menu is from RSE, great job on the backgrounds for the battle scenes! At first I thought that the gradients that I've seen in DPPt and HG/SS were cool...but those backgrounds just blew me away, in a sense.
Having refreshing backgrounds like that in a game could make battles way more lively and brighten up the bland backgrounds from games past. Here's hoping that the DS is pushed to greater limits with backgrounds like that in Generation 5! :)

4. Gym Leader Colette looks so cute! It'd be awesome if she made it in an actual game...

Good luck with Pokemon Garnet Version, and I can't wait to see how awesome this project turns out to be!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Answers time!

Okay, as usual!
Firstly I have to thank you all! Then let's discuss those questions.

i do have a few questions

1. Will you be making your own music for this game?
2. Are you going to be able to go to other regions?
3. And....i forgot my 3rd question xD

1. We have our personal musician, Skaylea which compose every piece of music and remixes the classic ones (Pkmn center/ Mart, Gym ecc...)
2. For the first complete release of the game no. In a future maybe... there will be something like this, maybe limited to Hoenn only.

in case u did int get what i meant about movement sprites example when u look at ur party they move ilke in d/p/P i think that would give the game a n awsome feel or when they first appear in battle will they move??
Yes, that was what i meant... unfortunately we would like to avoid this feature for the game. We first want to bring a more simple product. Then, if there's time, a "deluxe version" would be nice, but don't hope a lot. The team haven't figured out about it...

Thanks to Fenix4 who made a little-review of some parts. I'm really glad you liked the locations and light effects, indeed are the most important thing I do for Garnet xD
The team would like to thank you for your apreciatement about characters and backgrounds (Blazeknight's and Kuroda's work).
Aaand... for the menu we have to wait. I'm seriously hoping in a talented scripter for heavy works.

I'm making a list of what type of team-mates Garnet needs. I will write it on the first post. Be sure of take a look before leaving. è_è

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
it's been a while and i must say those sceenshots are looking great.
The bridge looks really good and i wonder.
Are you going to use a bridge(like the bridge is under construction) to block the player that he can get further before he finished an event?

Omega Sableye

<- Pwnage
Years
1. We have our personal musician, Skaylea which compose every piece of music and remixes the classic ones (Pkmn center/ Mart, Gym ecc...)
2. For the first complete release of the game no. In a future maybe... there will be something like this, maybe limited to Hoenn only.

1. Okay, i just always wonder about music when it comes to games :P Are there going to be samples anytime soon?

2. Yay! Revisiting my fave region :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
1.will u have the under ground feture and if so will it be more coplex like haveing stairs and pokemondown there
2.will u keep the item based evolutions and poeeably add more
3.will u have the treehouse feature and if so wil u be able to coustomize it even more
4.will u get your own house and beable to also costomize it like within pokemon platinum
5.wil you have contest all around the reagion like r/s/e
6.will there be a battel frontier
7.will u have spicality eggs like how to get azuril by haveing two meril in the daycare one holding a sea incence
8.will each gym look the same ganeric gym or each have its own look(highly recomend giveing gyms each there own look adds a better feel and makes people more interested)
Again sorry about all the questions.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Thiz nice hacks of rom! [/noob]

With all that aside.

xD, anyways this game is coming out awesome! I really am digging the lighting in the forest/ruins! It is all so perfect :3, moar events pl0x

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
1.will u have the under ground feture and if so will it be more coplex like haveing stairs and pokemondown there
2.will u keep the item based evolutions and poeeably add more
3.will u have the treehouse feature and if so wil u be able to coustomize it even more
4.will u get your own house and beable to also costomize it like within pokemon platinum
5.wil you have contest all around the reagion like r/s/e
6.will there be a battel frontier
7.will u have spicality eggs like how to get azuril by haveing two meril in the daycare one holding a sea incence
8.will each gym look the same ganeric gym or each have its own look(highly recomend giveing gyms each there own look adds a better feel and makes people more interested)
Again sorry about all the questions.

Ahahah! I will make you our official "question-maker!" XD
Don't worry! Questions are important to understand a game!

1. No underground... You will be able to dig somewhere to find rocks/ fossils. The fossils need to be cleaned.
2.Sure they will remain stone-based evolutions. As there are a lot of fakes (180 ca), there will be a lot of item-based evolutions but also new methods.
3-4. Haven't figured out about customizable zones...
5. No, there will be another type of contest anyway.
6. Yes! A custom battle frontier with new challenges.
7. Currently our pokédex doesn't need it.
8. Gyms will be really different from the original ones. Prepare yourself to battle open-air or find gym-leader in creepy-looking manors. Every Gym leader will have its own special features and style, more like in the anime than in the videogames.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
serious

:Dcool thanx or answering my questions and the game sounds like it could revolutionize the pokemon world!!! :cool:

Years
I'm totally falling in love with this game again I'm so friggin excited, I can't wait to play through these maps!

Years
Egads, a question!

I thought up a question! :o Well, the real Pokemon games have guidebooks and Prima Guides to accompany them, which contain the complete Pokedex for that region, information about the area and it's special locations, as well as interesting artwork from the games and more... now obviously you can't print such a guide for your game, but do you plan to make a website with all that information? I'm sure that it would be very helpful. :)

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Yea, It would be really helpfull if their was a pokedex of the fakemons, that contains: stats, moves (lvl they know it on), TM/HM list, location and evolution methode.
actually a bit like the serebi-pokedex, but with your own persenal touch.

Years
Yea, It would be really helpfull if their was a pokedex of the fakemons, that contains: stats, moves (lvl they know it on), TM/HM list, location and evolution methode.
I'm glad that someone agrees with me! If no such help-site is made, I might make my own. :3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I thought up a question! :o Well, the real Pokemon games have guidebooks and Prima Guides to accompany them, which contain the complete Pokedex for that region, information about the area and it's special locations, as well as interesting artwork from the games and more... now obviously you can't print such a guide for your game, but do you plan to make a website with all that information? I'm sure that it would be very helpful. :)

A website is currently our project... we have got concept arts and it will be good to make a sort of "pre-release" site with concept arts and some fakemons. The pokedex would take long to be made but quite useful for a fan-game. Well. A website will surely exist. The pokédex is a nice add, i will take it in consideration! Thank you :3

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
I PMed you about it, but a wiki sounds like a perfect solution for that sort of thing, you can post a medley of information about each Pokemon, Character, etc.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I PMed you about it, but a wiki sounds like a perfect solution for that sort of thing, you can post a medley of information about each Pokemon, Character, etc.
A wiki is a great idea. Although a wiki just for one fangame may be a little much, but if we had a PokéCommunity wiki...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back