• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh, well yes...

But it doesn't really look like it has wings! Maybe it just glides across the sky like certain possums (or squirrels) idk...?

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hmmm, my idea is that he flies like Rayquaza.
289228-gyarados.png

If you look at the white parts they kinda look like tiny useless wings? Still, I find it hard to believe he could fly! That's Poke logic for you!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I always imagined Gyarados had wings o.o
Ok this is getting overly awkward. I mean, if it was part dragon, I suppose it would be possible it could levitate by nature, without that particular ability. But now this just makes GameFreak utterly stupid ._.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I thought it'd have Levitate too if not Flying because how else would it get into the sky lmao but honestly if it wasn't part Flying or didn't have Levitate I would get really confused because HOW ELSE DOES IT GET INTO THE SKY??

I think even a Pokémon with wings doesn't always mean that it's a Flying-type, it depends if it has some other secondary type that is necessary would replace what was normally intended to be Flying-type.

Like for instance, Beedrill, Venomoth, Dustox and Volcarona have wings, and they don't have a Flying-type and they don't have Levitate. ;)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Isn't Gyarados based off like an asian dragon kite or something and that's why it's flying?

I'm pretty sure Gyarados is based off a fish wind sock, I'm sure if you've played Animal Crossing on the GameCube, you'll know how they'll look like. xD

But apart from that, I wonder if we'll see those Pokémon return in Pokémon X and Y? :P

Guy

just a guy
Years
Ah yeah, I remember a Magikarp in the trailer.

Hopefully there won't be any Magikarp Salesman in Pokémon X and Y, like there was in Pokémon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow. xD
For old time sake and a good laugh, I wouldn't be opposed to the old Magikarp Salesman showing up again.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
He was also in B/W too!! :3 So that means he might be in these games...!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
OMG, if you can buy like, a Feebas from the Magikarp man too...!

It has happened in the anime before!! Well.. sorta. He painted over a Magikarp and called it 'Feebas'.

blue

gucci
Years
OMG, if you can buy like, a Feebas from the Magikarp man too...!

It has happened in the anime before!! Well.. sorta. He painted over a Magikarp and called it 'Feebas'.

I'd much prefer that, Milotic is soo much better than Gyarados IMO. Feebas is much harder to find too especially in RSE ;;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah what Vapor said. If it's anything like Unova it'll probably be Magikarp again lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back